PDA

View Full Version : Hampton vs Grambling in Birmingham, will it happen?

SU Jag
February 13th, 2006, 07:19 PM
We all wanted this match-up last year, but according to some of the MEAC peeps it will go down this year! I havent heard anything from the GSU folks yet. Does anyone know anything about it? xcoffeex

TexasTerror
February 14th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Here's an article about possible Grambling schedule changes including info on the Grambling/Hampton game...

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060214/SPORTS/602140341/1006

UNH 40
February 14th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Who cares. Pit these teams against any other good I-AA program and it is a smoke show. Perfect example Hampton getting nailed by Richmond in the first round of the playoffs after going 10-0.

arranger101
February 14th, 2006, 11:27 AM
I know that this is what a lot of people wanted, but honestly, you would not get a good turnout from the MEAC side. I would say Hampton's fans would be less than when they played SU in the Heritage Bowl. : flamemad They just don't travel like the rest of us(SCSU, B-CC, FAMU, NC A&T).

But hey, these are only my opinions from what I've seen of them since 1997. But who knows, they might surpriseme. Then again, I won't be there, I will be in J'ville for B-CC/SU....since our 1st week of football is an open date. :bang:

HIU 93
February 14th, 2006, 01:46 PM
I know that this is what a lot of people wanted, but honestly, you would not get a good turnout from the MEAC side. I would say Hampton's fans would be less than when they played SU in the Heritage Bowl. : flamemad They just don't travel like the rest of us(SCSU, B-CC, FAMU, NC A&T).

But hey, these are only my opinions from what I've seen of them since 1997. But who knows, they might surpriseme. Then again, I won't be there, I will be in J'ville for B-CC/SU....since our 1st week of football is an open date. :bang:

Against Gram, first game of the season in the 'Ham, we'll travel, unless there is another natural disaster (like the last two years with JSU). Against anyone else during December- we ain't travelling. I wish we would follow the team better, but we don't.

SUjagTILLiDIE
February 14th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Then again, I won't be there, I will be in J'ville for B-CC/SU....since our 1st week of football is an open date. :bang:
Everybody and their momma is gonna be at this one. :)

SU Jag
February 14th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Everybody and their momma is gonna be at this one. :)

I agree!

GAD
February 14th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Lets show Jacksonville how REAL Jaguars do it!

Catmendue2
February 14th, 2006, 02:22 PM
So how many will GRAMBLING win by :nod:

arranger101
February 14th, 2006, 03:31 PM
So how many will GRAMBLING win by :nod:

I honestly feel that it will be a good game, not saying a close one throughout, but nevertheless a good one. I can see both teams scoring in bunches, but Grambling will have the edge unless B-CC's WR's as well as secondary have improved from the past 2 seasons.

But to answer your question Grambling by 18. :read:

MACHIAVELLI
February 14th, 2006, 10:14 PM
I honestly feel that it will be a good game, not saying a close one throughout, but nevertheless a good one. I can see both teams scoring in bunches, but Grambling will have the edge unless B-CC's WR's as well as secondary have improved from the past 2 seasons.

But to answer your question Grambling by 18. :read:

It is....
ICON/Grambling vs. hampton
southern vs. bcc

txstatebobcat
February 14th, 2006, 11:21 PM
should be a good game if it happens. What is the outlook (returning starters, etc.)for both this teams next season.

February 14th, 2006, 11:49 PM
should be a good game if it happens. What is the outlook (returning starters, etc.)for both this teams next season.I posted Gram's on the 2 deep thread at the top of the discussion board.