PDA

View Full Version : Frisco Mayor Talks Div I Title Game

TexasTerror
November 9th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Frisco is excited... are you? ;)

A drumline pumped up visitors as they made their way into the Stadium Club inside Pizza Hut Park Monday morning for “Coffee with the Mayor.” The monthly casual conversation between Mayor Maher Maso and Frisco residents was moved to this location as a jumping off point to discuss the NCAA Division I Football Championship game, which will be played at the park on Jan. 7.

Attendees had the chance to purchase tickets and get an update on community events and issues.

Maso told the small crowd that about six months ago Frisco representatives pitched the idea to hold the Football Championship Subdivision, formerly known as the NCAA Division I-AA Football Championship, in Frisco. The NCAA conducted a national search for the location of its championship game and considered Frisco’s growth numbers as a reason to move the game from Chattanooga, Tenn. for the next three years.

“Economically it’s important for us,” Maso said about the regional gain. “Everyone will benefit from this, not just Frisco.”

http://www.scntx.com/articles/2010/11/08/news_update/414.txt

chrisattsu
November 9th, 2010, 03:09 PM
I had a chance to speak with my aunt and uncle who live in Frisco. They are pumped about the game. Even though we don't know who is playing, we are getting 8 -10 tickets.

As an aside, my uncle is a huge parrot head who tailgates at Pizza Hut Park before the Buffet concerts. I told him that we could bring out his setup and tailgate before the NC game. We may end up having an island party before the game.

Second side note- NCAA and PHP are trying to "Pack the Park". They have family four packs available for $120. Four tickets to the game with four drinks and four hot dogs.