18. Pennsylvania 441
19. Robert Morris 413
20. Cal Poly 355
21. Western Illinois 344
22. North Dakota St. 201
23. Grambling St. 157
24. Chattanooga 148
25. Richmond 139
Others receiving votes (minimum of 5 votes): Lehigh (31), Jacksonville (29), Georgia Southern (21), Southern Utah (10), Dayton (7), Sacramento St. (7), Furman (6), Weber St. (6),
MOST SIGNIFICANT WIN OF THE WEEK: Georgia Southern
MOST SIGNIFICANT LOSS OF THE WEEK: Appalachian St.

WestCoastAggie
November 8th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Hopefully the Coaches & Media were kinder towards Ga. Southern than we were.

Edge316007
November 8th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Lol at Wofford getting first place votes. Was their 10-3 win over Samford that impressive? Not sure how you vote anyone other than W&M and maybe Delaware #1

insideout08
November 8th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Lol at Wofford getting first place votes. Was their 10-3 win over Samford that impressive? Not sure how you vote anyone other than W&M and maybe Delaware #1

Their win AT Georgia Southern is a little more impressive after Saturday, don't you think?

WileECoyote06
November 8th, 2010, 11:36 AM
There are five spots between Liberty and Robert Morris. I expected that gap to close as the season moved on.

theasushow
November 8th, 2010, 11:38 AM
wow....9 points seperate 3, 4, 5!!!!!

TwoFeathers
November 8th, 2010, 11:44 AM
wow....9 points seperate 3, 4, 5!!!!!

Makes the Wofford @App State even more interesting than it already is.

Edge316007
November 8th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Their win AT Georgia Southern is a little more impressive after Saturday, don't you think?

What? No, that happened a month ago. Should have no bearing on this poll. Wofford is not a #1 team right now. If they beat us this weekend, I may have to consider it though

Saint3333
November 8th, 2010, 11:51 AM

I personally had the top six in this order, but I believe Wofford and SEMS are the only teams without an FCS loss on their resumes, really not that hard to see 3 people voting that way. Wofford is a solid team, may not wow you with athletes, but well coached and can beat anyone. Yes anyone in the nation (even though out of this world CAA teams) with that offense and the team defense they play.

soccerguy315
November 8th, 2010, 11:56 AM
AGS dropped UNH 8 spots? Really? #8 drops 8 spots for losing to #3, and #1 drops only 5 spots for losing to an unranked? fwiw I think the ASU drop is accurate but I don't see what UNH did to deserve to drop all those spots for losing to a team that was ranked higher than them. IMO #8 losing to #3 means your poll is accurate, not that it needs huge adjusting...

FargoBison
November 8th, 2010, 12:12 PM
AGS dropped UNH 8 spots? Really? #8 drops 8 spots for losing to #3, and #1 drops only 5 spots for losing to an unranked? fwiw I think the ASU drop is accurate but I don't see what UNH did to deserve to drop all those spots for losing to a team that was ranked higher than them. IMO #8 losing to #3 means your poll is accurate, not that it needs huge adjusting...

5-4 is 5-4.

GaSouthern
November 8th, 2010, 12:23 PM
GSU should be ranked where UNH is if App only falls that far.

FargoBison
November 8th, 2010, 12:24 PM
GSU should be ranked where UNH is if App only falls that far.

5-4 is 5-4

WestCoastAggie
November 8th, 2010, 12:25 PM
5-4 is 5-4

Uh, Didn't Ga. Southern BEAT a #1 App. State?

FargoBison
November 8th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Uh, Didn't Ga. Southern BEAT a #1 App. State?

I had them at 20, no way they should be much higher than that right now. After they win a few more games than yeah, but they need to build up some credibility or should I say consistency.

GaSouthern
November 8th, 2010, 12:31 PM
I had them at 20, no way they should be much higher than that right now. After they win a few more games than yeah, but they need to build up some credibility or should I say consistency.

I think around 20 is correct but what really erks me is that if we are that bad then ASU should have fallen down the polls more. Remember what happened to Michigan when they lost to app state in the polls?

I figured at best that App would be ranked #10 I'll see where they are after they lose the last three games of their season. Might as well finish first.

smallcollegefbfan
November 8th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Any Given Saturday Poll Top 25

(First place votes in parenthesis), Points
1. William & Mary (47) 1407
2. Delaware (7) 1347
3. Eastern Washington 1227
4. Wofford (3) 1224
5. Appalachian St. 1218
6. Stephen F. Austin 1024
7. Jacksonville St. 1022
8. Montana St. 985
9. Southeast Missouri St. 932
10. Villanova 915
11. Bethune-Cookman 767
12. Massachusetts 735
13. Northern Iowa 712
14. Liberty 644
15. Montana 574
16. New Hampshire 510
17. South Carolina St. 506
18. Pennsylvania 441
19. Robert Morris 413
20. Cal Poly 355
21. Western Illinois 344
22. North Dakota St. 201
23. Grambling St. 157
24. Chattanooga 148
25. Richmond 139
Others receiving votes (minimum of 5 votes): Lehigh (31), Jacksonville (29), Georgia Southern (21), Southern Utah (10), Dayton (7), Sacramento St. (7), Furman (6), Weber St. (6),
MOST SIGNIFICANT WIN OF THE WEEK: Georgia Southern
MOST SIGNIFICANT LOSS OF THE WEEK: Appalachian St.

That is the top five I figured we would see from TSN.

Gil Dobie
November 8th, 2010, 12:33 PM
I think around 20 is correct but what really erks me is that if we are that bad then ASU should have fallen down the polls more. Remember what happened to Michigan when they lost to app state in the polls?

I had them at 25, but was denied because I had Montana St at #1. Moved them from #4 to #1 when top 3 lost. Followed by UD, W&M etc. Had Montana St high because they beat Eastern Washington head to head.

asknoquarter21
November 8th, 2010, 12:36 PM
I think you also have to remember this is the first App loss

So while yes it is important who they lost to, but more importantly they shouldn't drop below a team with two FCS losses

Thats how I looked at it

GaSouthern
November 8th, 2010, 12:37 PM
I think you also have to remember this is the first App loss

So while yes it is important who they lost to, but more importantly they shouldn't drop below a team with two FCS losses

Thats how I looked at it

Who else lost to unranked teams though?

I'm asking cause I'm not sure but there is something wrong with this picture.

FargoBison
November 8th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Who else lost to unranked teams though?

I'm asking cause I'm not sure but there is something wrong with this picture.

Jacksonville State lost to EKU, SFA lost to Texas State, MT State lost NAU, Nova lost to URI...there could be a few more as well. Losing to GSU is a better loss than those losses. That said if App loses to Wofford they might drop like a rock.

millwoga1
November 8th, 2010, 12:39 PM

Is this the Samford team that went into Paulson and won. How did App. do down there?

Edge316007
November 8th, 2010, 12:47 PM

I figured at best that App would be ranked #10 I'll see where they are after they lose the last three games of their season. Might as well finish first.

Wow, is this post a joke? Comparing Saturday's game to Michigan/App? #10 at best? Did you see some of the other teams in the league this year or do you not understand how polls work? I hope you didn't vote in this one.

Edge316007
November 8th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Is this the Samford team that went into Paulson and won. How did App. do down there?

What in the world does that matter? Every game is an independent event. Wofford did not perform well against a school that's not very good. I've seen little to no criticism of them and them getting first place votes is a joke.

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2010, 12:51 PM

UNH lost to a team with their 3rd and 4th QB. They allowed 100+ yards rushing to a team that they knew would never attempt a pass, and they scored 3 points with 6 or 7 possessions inside or at the W&M 25. The team does not deserve to be ranked any higher.

FCS Go!
November 8th, 2010, 03:36 PM

I was told to submit "a more realistic less CAA homeric" ballot so I dropped UNH, Richmond & JMU completely. I imagined others did the same.

soccerguy315
November 8th, 2010, 03:42 PM
I was told to submit "a more realistic less CAA homeric" ballot so I dropped UNH, Richmond & JMU completely. I imagined others did the same.

that's interesting and disappointing. I am ok with Richmond and JMU dropping out, I guess... I think they would have a solid chance to win against the teams in the 20-25 range though.

I do feel pretty strongly that UNH deserves to be higher than AGS has them though, because I don't see why #8 losing to #3 warrants a significant drop, if any.

LeadBolt
November 8th, 2010, 03:48 PM

Never having participated in a poll, I had assumed voters could vote their conscience...

Squealofthepig
November 8th, 2010, 03:48 PM

Which seems a bit silly. I didn't have the Spiders or the Dukes in my top 25 (had them just outside my top 25, literally), but I could see others having them in the 20-25 range and wouldn't bat an eyelash at someone voting in such a way. I don't think I've had fewer than three CAA teams in the top ten on any ballot, and I think I've had all but Towson in my ballot at some point this year (Oh Maine, how high of hopes I had for you, ursine brethren!)

It would be interesting to take the bottom team of each league and switch them around year to year. How would Towson do in the MEAC? How would Northern Colorado do in the MVC? What if Indiana State had been moved to the OVC this year? I don't think it would impact the playoffs, but it would provide some interesting perspective on differences between conferences. (Actually, that's what would really be interesting: Have playoffs involving the last place team in every league).

AGSPoll
November 8th, 2010, 03:52 PM
that's interesting and disappointing. I am ok with Richmond and JMU dropping out, I guess... I think they would have a solid chance to win against the teams in the 20-25 range though.

I do feel pretty strongly that UNH deserves to be higher than AGS has them though, because I don't see why #8 losing to #3 warrants a significant drop, if any.

You had 5 CAA teams in your top 10 and 4 -5 JMU still at #18 what did you expect.

Fear the Bird
November 8th, 2010, 03:53 PM

Yeah this is the point most are missing - what exactly in the loss to your #1 team swayed you to drop UNH so significantly? They were supposed to win that game? Then why weren't they ranked above W&M in last week's poll? I guess I can see the fact that W&M had a 3rd string QB in but I also don't think most voters even realized that

AGSPoll
November 8th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Which seems a bit silly..

See agspoll post in this thread..xthumbsupx

danefan
November 8th, 2010, 03:58 PM
You had 5 CAA teams in your top 10 and 4 -5 JMU still at #18 what di you expect.

Not really all that crazy to think that JMU is the 18th best team in the country. Probably in the minority, but not really a crazy thought. They do have a win over a ranked FBS opponent. Are their 18 other FCS teams that could accomplish that? And a win over another ranked team. Not to mention their loses are all close loses to ranked teams.

I thought the AGS poll committee only vetted polls to be sure there were no homer votes at #1 and to be sure that there were no mistakes in submission.

Gil Dobie
November 8th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Never having participated in a poll, I had assumed voters could vote their conscience...

If the committee agrees with your conscience.

AGSPoll
November 8th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Not really all that crazy to think that JMU is the 18th best team in the country. Probably in the minority, but not really a crazy thought. They do have a win over a ranked FBS opponent. Are their 18 other FCS teams that could accomplish that? And a win over another ranked team. Not to mention their loses are all close loses to ranked teams.

I thought the AGS poll committee only vetted polls to be sure there were no homer votes at #1 and to be sure that there were no mistakes in submission.
danefan JMU had a great team when they beat VT but that was 7 weeks 5 losses and a ton of unfortunate injuries ago. I'm sorry, but any team that is 4-5 in week ten no matter what league they're from deserves top 25 consideration.

danefan
November 8th, 2010, 04:25 PM
danefan JMU had a great team when they beat VT but that was 7 weeks 5 losses and a ton of unfortunate injuries ago. I'm sorry, but any team that is 4-5 in week ten no matter what league they're from deserves top 25 consideration.

And that is a valid opinion, but I really don't think its unreasonable to believe they are one of the best 18 teams in the country. I guess its a poll philisophy issue - do you want the best 25 teams in the country in the poll or the 25 teams that look the best on paper?

But once again, I still think there is a valid argument to be made that JMU is one of the best 25 teams in the country. Not saying I would make that argument, but I can see the point.

siuham
November 8th, 2010, 05:10 PM
I personally had the top six in this order, but I believe Wofford and SEMS are the only teams without an FCS loss on their resumes, really not that hard to see 3 people voting that way. Wofford is a solid team, may not wow you with athletes, but well coached and can beat anyone. Yes anyone in the nation (even though out of this world CAA teams) with that offense and the team defense they play.

Bethune-Cookman and Grambling State are undefeated against FCS.

Keenan
November 8th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Bethune-Cookman and Grambling State are undefeated against FCS.

albeit against inferior competition

siuham
November 8th, 2010, 06:24 PM
albeit against inferior competition

Don't see the point in saying that. SEMO hasn't either. The statement was that Wofford/SEMO were the only unbeatens in FCS. Was only adding the other two.

Woof
November 9th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Lol at Wofford getting first place votes. Was their 10-3 win over Samford that impressive?

You are correct. We are not a #1 team. In fact, we really are not even a top 5 team. We probably belong in the mid-low teens in the polls. We have just been extremely lucky thus far. Our run ends this weekend. You might want to call Coach Moore and give him the week off so he can start preparing for Florida.

TypicalTribe
November 9th, 2010, 11:33 AM
I think this is the toughest question we face as voters. Do I think that JMU is probably better than a number of the teams that are ranked in my poll? Yes. But at some point, wins and losses have to be the focus and a 4-5 team just can't be ranked, in my opinion.

Edge316007
November 9th, 2010, 12:09 PM
You are correct. We are not a #1 team. In fact, we really are not even a top 5 team. We probably belong in the mid-low teens in the polls. We have just been extremely lucky thus far. Our run ends this weekend. You might want to call Coach Moore and give him the week off so he can start preparing for Florida.

That's not at all what I meant, but good attempt at sarcasm. Sadly it fell way short and you just deserve this xrolleyesx

State a case for Wofford being #1. I'm eagerly waiting.

millwoga1
November 9th, 2010, 12:31 PM
That's not at all what I meant, but good attempt at sarcasm. Sadly it fell way short and you just deserve this xrolleyesx

Well didn't William and Mary lose to UMass who lost to New Hampshire who lost to Maine who lost to Albany who lost to Robert Morris who lost to Duquesne who lost to Monmouth who lost to Colgate who lost to Furman who lost to Wofford

Saint3333
November 9th, 2010, 12:32 PM

I didn't vote them #1, they were 3rd in my poll. However I could make a good case. Wofford is the only FCS team from a power conference without an FCS loss. But go even deeper and you'll find they have the #1 rushing offense and #5 total defense, both of which are very important in the playoffs. The defensive number is most impressive as they are better than any CAA member sans Delaware and the SoCon arguably has better offenses than the CAA. Athlete to athlete there are 10-12 teams that would overpower Wofford on paper matching up position by position, but there is not one team in the FCS I wouldn't give Wofford a chance of beating this Saturday or in the playoffs with that rushing attack and that defense.

Edge316007
November 9th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Well didn't William and Mary lose to UMass who lost to New Hampshire who lost to Maine who lost to Albany who lost to Robert Morris who lost to Duquesne who lost to Monmouth who lost to Colgate who lost to Furman who lost to Wofford

Except the transitive property doesn't exist in sports.

I didn't vote them #1, they were 3rd in my poll. However I could make a good case. Wofford is the only FCS team from a power conference without an FCS loss. But go even deeper and you'll find they have the #1 rushing offense and #5 total defense, both of which are very important in the playoffs. The defensive number is most impressive as they are better than any CAA member sans Delaware and the SoCon arguably has better offenses than the CAA. Athlete to athlete there are 10-12 teams that would overpower Wofford on paper matching up position by position, but there is not one team in the FCS I wouldn't give Wofford a chance of beating this Saturday or in the playoffs with that rushing attack and that defense.

All valid points, and I especially agree with the last part. But I would say that is the case with several of the top teams

HensRock
November 9th, 2010, 03:53 PM
I think this is the toughest question we face as voters. Do I think that JMU is probably better than a number of the teams that are ranked in my poll? Yes. But at some point, wins and losses have to be the focus and a 4-5 team just can't be ranked, in my opinion.

In YOUR opinion - and many others' as well I'm sure. But the guy who wanted to vote JMU #18 has an opinion too. I think that's why we invite many people to vote in the polls, instead of just 1. That's sort of the whole idea behind a poll.

This censorship bothers me. I didn't have JMU ranked in my ballot either, but I still respect someone else's right to do so.

It's bad enough that not all FCS teams appear on the ballot. Why don't we trust the voters with the poll? Otherwise, it's not really a poll.
And am I reading this right: The guy being accused of CAA "Homerism" is a Griz fan?

GreatAppSt
November 9th, 2010, 04:19 PM
In YOUR opinion - and many others' as well I'm sure. But the guy who wanted to vote JMU #18 has an opinion too. I think that's why we invite many people to vote in the polls, instead of just 1. That's sort of the whole idea behind a poll.

This censorship bothers me. I didn't have JMU ranked in my ballot either, but I still respect someone else's right to do so.

It's bad enough that not all FCS teams appear on the ballot. Why don't we trust the voters with the poll? Otherwise, it's not really a poll.
And am I reading this right: The guy being accused of CAA "Homerism" is a Griz fan?

Do you think the playoff commitee will take JMU with 5 losses as one of the 20 playoff teams?

eaglesrthe1
November 9th, 2010, 06:28 PM

Do you think the playoff commitee will take JMU with 5 losses as one of the 20 playoff teams?

That's not the purpose of the AGS poll, besides there are 25 spots in the AGS poll. The pollster could have just as easily put them @ 21. That wasn't the reason the poll was rejected.

I distinctly remembering this exact same situation occurring right after the AGS poll was started. Anybody remember "Massman"? He had in an early season poll listed JMU as the 6th or 7th CAA team in his poll which of course was invalidated as being homerism. When he complained, he was censored to the point of being threatened with being banned from the board, even though he had legitimate reasoning for their inclusion. The year? 2004, the same year that JMU won the FCS title.

BigApp
November 9th, 2010, 07:19 PM

did you really have a 4-5 JMU team ranked at #18?? A team with exactly ONE conference win? They've beaten 3 FCS teams (liberty, Towson, Morehead). The most impressive FCS victory by this triumverate is Liberty beating Gardner-Webb.

JMU is not a good football team. The CAA is not as good this year as they have been in recent years.

Prove to us you don't have a CAA slant:

Where did you rank a 4-5 UC Davis team?

soccerguy315
November 9th, 2010, 08:32 PM
did you really have a 4-5 JMU team ranked at #18?? A team with exactly ONE conference win? They've beaten 3 FCS teams (liberty, Towson, Morehead). The most impressive FCS victory by this triumverate is Liberty beating Gardner-Webb.

JMU is not a good football team. The CAA is not as good this year as they have been in recent years.

Prove to us you don't have a CAA slant:

Where did you rank a 4-5 UC Davis team?

too be fair, JMU also has the best victory of any FCS team this year.

BigApp
November 9th, 2010, 08:37 PM
sure, but they've also lost 4 straight and 5 of their last 6 games

GreatAppSt
November 9th, 2010, 08:49 PM
too be fair, JMU also has the best victory of any FCS team this year. It was a great win indeed but, that was 5 losses ago.

FargoBison
November 9th, 2010, 08:58 PM
I'm sorry but if you are going to rank half of a 10 team conference in the top 10 and put a 4-5 team from that conference at 18, you should be stopped and asked to take a second look at things. Or at least be asked to explain how you came to that conclusion.

HensRock
November 9th, 2010, 09:17 PM

It doesn't really matter what my opinion of JMU is. Besides, I doubt any team ranked #18 in the AGS poll will be going to the playoffs unless they are an AQ. I said above that I personally did not rank JMU in my Top 25 ballot because I can think of at least 25 other teams that I think are better than the Dukes this year. But I'm not the only person voting, so someone else might think differently. I'm OK with that. But again, This isn't about JMU. It's about voters having the right to vote who they think is best and other people respecting that right.

TwoFeathers
November 9th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Yeah this is the point most are missing - what exactly in the loss to your #1 team swayed you to drop UNH so significantly? They were supposed to win that game? Then why weren't they ranked above W&M in last week's poll? I guess I can see the fact that W&M had a 3rd string QB in but I also don't think most voters even realized that

When a team loses, they are going to drop, relative to teams that win. Expected or not. W&M lost to FBS UNC (after leading for 3 1/2 quarters... A case to move up???), and dropped in the poll, after wins against #1 and #2. The record does matter.

tribefan40
November 9th, 2010, 10:13 PM

Wofford is an interesting team to me. While I agree that they are very good this year and will be extremely dangerous in the playoffs, I think their two toughest games are their last two, as APP and Chatty are by far the most complete teams they will have played this year. Should be interesting to see how they fare.

Spiderbone
November 10th, 2010, 06:53 AM

There is no way the Barneys (JMU) makes it to the playoffs, they still have WM to play, albeit at home. Last week against Richmond was a lose and your done game, ie pre-playoffs if that. Richmond has a chance to make the playoffs with URI and WM to come. They have to win both....and if they beat WM which will likely be the number one team next week as well, that would be a pretty significant factor in their favor for being admitted to the playoffs with losses only at UVA, Delaware, Villanova and UNH...FBS and three ranked teams. Not Bad considering we were playing our redshirt freshman 4th string QB for the majority of the season.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 10th, 2010, 07:15 AM
There is no way the Barneys (JMU) makes it to the playoffs, they still have WM to play, albeit at home. Last week against Richmond was a lose and your done game, ie pre-playoffs if that. Richmond has a chance to make the playoffs with URI and WM to come. They have to win both....and if they beat WM which will likely be the number one team next week as well, that would be a pretty significant factor in their favor for being admitted to the playoffs with losses only at UVA, Delaware, Villanova and UNH...FBS and three ranked teams. Not Bad considering we were playing our redshirt freshman 4th string QB for the majority of the season.

+1

EmeryZach
November 10th, 2010, 07:34 AM
I'm glad to see that UMass beat the #1 team. Hahahaha. Trying to rank these teams this season has been crazy.

Woof
November 10th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Wofford is an interesting team to me. While I agree that they are very good this year and will be extremely dangerous in the playoffs, I think their two toughest games are their last two, as APP and Chatty are by far the most complete teams they will have played this year. Should be interesting to see how they fare.

This hits the nail on the head! Although Wofford has beaten some teams that Appy and Chatty have struggled with, I think these two teams are more difficult match-ups for us than most of the others with the possible exception of Eloan. Stay tuned.

MacThor
November 10th, 2010, 11:27 AM
There is no way the Barneys (JMU) makes it to the playoffs, they still have WM to play, albeit at home. Last week against Richmond was a lose and your done game, ie pre-playoffs if that. Richmond has a chance to make the playoffs with URI and WM to come. They have to win both....and if they beat WM which will likely be the number one team next week as well, that would be a pretty significant factor in their favor for being admitted to the playoffs with losses only at UVA, Delaware, Villanova and UNH...FBS and three ranked teams. Not Bad considering we were playing our punter and/or TRUE freshman 4th string QB for half of the season.

FYP

soccerguy315
November 10th, 2010, 12:38 PM
When a team loses, they are going to drop, relative to teams that win. Expected or not. W&M lost to FBS UNC (after leading for 3 1/2 quarters... A case to move up???), and dropped in the poll, after wins against #1 and #2. The record does matter.

I agree that you described how it works... but I don't think it should be that way. If team #17 is better than team #18, and then team #17 loses to team #4 while team #18 beats an unranked team, how did team #18 magically show they are better than team #17?

URMite
November 10th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Spiderbone
There is no way the Barneys (JMU) makes it to the playoffs, they still have WM to play, albeit at home. Last week against Richmond was a lose and your done game, ie pre-playoffs if that. Richmond has a chance to make the playoffs with URI and WM to come. They have to win both....and if they beat WM which will likely be the number one team next week as well, that would be a pretty significant factor in their favor for being admitted to the playoffs with losses only at UVA, Delaware, Villanova and UNH...FBS and three ranked teams. Not Bad considering we were playing our punter and/or TRUE freshman 4th string QB for half of the season.

While I agree that Nick Hicks can accurately be described as only our punter, as I believe he went nearly 2 years rarely practicing as a QB, I also think it may do him a bit of an injustice. If I'm not mistaken, he was recruited to compete with Laub at QB after graduating as the all-time leading passer at his high school so he is not without some skill.

URMite
November 10th, 2010, 02:28 PM
It doesn't really matter what my opinion of JMU is. Besides, I doubt any team ranked #18 in the AGS poll will be going to the playoffs unless they are an AQ. I said above that I personally did not rank JMU in my Top 25 ballot because I can think of at least 25 other teams that I think are better than the Dukes this year. But I'm not the only person voting, so someone else might think differently. I'm OK with that. But again, This isn't about JMU. It's about voters having the right to vote who they think is best and other people respecting that right.

While I may agree with you in priniciple, is there a point where submitted polls should be questioned? For instance, if someone ranked Valpo at #9, should it be counted without question?

danefan
November 10th, 2010, 02:29 PM
While I may agree with you in priniciple, is there a point where submitted polls should be questioned? For instance, if someone ranked Valpo at #9, should it be counted without question?

No because there is absolute zero argument to say that Valpo is the #9 team in the country. The same cannot be said of JMU. There is an argument to be made that they are the 18th best team in the country this year.

Ivytalk
November 10th, 2010, 02:37 PM
It's easier for this group to agree on politics than on polls!xlolxxtwocentsx

HensRock
November 10th, 2010, 03:01 PM
It's easier for this group to agree on politics than on polls!xlolxxtwocentsx

Politicians are all crooks, so it doesn't really matter!
Polls - now that's serious business!

URMite
November 10th, 2010, 03:06 PM
No because there is absolute zero argument to say that Valpo is the #9 team in the country. The same cannot be said of JMU. There is an argument to be made that they are the 18th best team in the country this year.

Again, I agree with you as well. I just think it gets difficult to define where that line is. Where the line between little argument and no argument is drawn - not that I am arguing against JMU.

parr90
November 10th, 2010, 03:28 PM
I think Wofford is pretty dang good. Just because they only beat Samford by 10-3 doesnt mean much. Not all good teams beat all the teams on their schedule by big margins. Many championship teams have games during their championship season where they were very close, even with teams that they were supposed to kill. Also Im not worried about Georgia Southern not being in the rankings or even really if we make the playoffs. We are not a playoff caliber team IMO. We are just getting started under our new head coach and new offensive system. I do think we will be something to talk about in a couple of years though.

danefan
November 10th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Again, I agree with you as well. I just think it gets difficult to define where that line is. Where the line between little argument and no argument is drawn - not that I am arguing against JMU.

Good question. But I think its somewhere way below where JMU currently resides.