PDA

View Full Version : SportsNetwork Bracket Projection

Wmbgskip
November 8th, 2010, 10:08 AM
New One Out -

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/fcs/FCS_Bracket.pdf

Lehigh Football Nation
November 8th, 2010, 10:22 AM
I love the Lehigh side of the bracket if it were to happen, but there is zero way that they will send Lehigh to Grizzoula.

Why wouldn't they send Lehigh to Liberty, incidentally, and B-CU to Montana if it played out this way?

My bracket will look much different.

R.A.
November 8th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Interesting.

TwoFeathers
November 8th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Would love a Villanova @ W&M, App State @ Delaware Semifinals.

Aho_Old_Guy
November 8th, 2010, 10:29 AM
I hate it for The Griz, but if they don't beat MSU I'm not so sure they can make it.

And as far as MSU, if they lose to The Griz, even at 8-3 folks can rightfully question their inclusion because of that *sparkling* rank of *104* in SoS.

theasushow
November 8th, 2010, 10:32 AM
4 caa teams...interesting.

CAAisBOSS
November 8th, 2010, 10:33 AM
4 caa teams...interesting.

that very well could be the only 4 teams that have 7 D1 wins...

LeadBolt
November 8th, 2010, 10:34 AM
I'm in favor of any bracket where a potential meeting with either Delaware or ASU doesn't occur before the NC game!

WileECoyote06
November 8th, 2010, 10:36 AM
this violates the geography rule, at least three times.

CAAisBOSS
November 8th, 2010, 10:38 AM
like wm last year playing weber st and so illinois?

TwoFeathers
November 8th, 2010, 10:39 AM
App State has two very tough games ahead. Would a loss to Florida affect their seed?

LeadBolt
November 8th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Not as much as a win @ Florida would affect it!

TwoFeathers
November 8th, 2010, 10:41 AM
I'm in favor of any bracket where a potential meeting with either Delaware or ASU doesn't occur before the NC game!

Agreed, however Stephen F. Austin or Wofford in the Quarters scares me a little too. Even at Zable. They're both good. Call it the un-familiarity factor.

Squealofthepig
November 8th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Trying to figure out how that works with Montana/Montana State - as Aho mentions, the assumption has to be that the Griz win the Brawl, but then you have to wonder if Montana State would make it. I don't see how both teams make it, given other bubble teams would have better SoS and higher profile wins (even if Ball State and Kansas aren't super impressive).

Also, don't see how Delaware goes to 2 and Nova goes to five. The assumption here is that Nova beats UNH at home and loses at Delaware, but at 7-4, even in the CAA, do they get the five seed? I think Nova gets in in this scenario, of course, just not sure about the seed.

TwoFeathers
November 8th, 2010, 10:42 AM
like wm last year playing weber st and so illinois?

We'll take it! They scored a combined 3 points last year on the Tribe. ;)

TwoFeathers
November 8th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Not as much as a win @ Florida would affect it!

...right... if that happens, please keep them on the Delaware side of the bracket ;)

LeadBolt
November 8th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Agreed, however Stephen F. Austin or Wofford in the Quarters scares me a little too. Even at Zable. They're both good. Call it the un-familiarity factor.

All tough opponents which would be tough games, but I would rather face SFA or Wofford than either Delaware or ASU.

theasushow
November 8th, 2010, 10:47 AM
...right... if that happens, please keep them on the Delaware side of the bracket ;)

nothing that I saw against GSU gives ASU a fighting chance against Florida...and I think a win over Wofford would trump a blowout loss at Florida....or I hope anyway.

TwoFeathers
November 8th, 2010, 10:48 AM
nothing that I saw against GSU gives ASU a fighting chance against Florida...and I think a win over Wofford would trump a blowout loss at Florida....or I hope anyway.

That Wofford @App State game is going to be one to watch!

LakesBison
November 8th, 2010, 10:51 AM
how does se miss st get a bye? who have they played, wow.

robert morris, liberty, ewwww

Saint3333
November 8th, 2010, 11:22 AM
The winner of ASU/Wofford gets a seed and after the CAA continues to beat each other up the winner of JSU/SEMS gets a seed. I think a lot has to happen for Nova to get a seed, surprised by that. I guess they assume EWU loses another game, I don't see it happening though.

Nebuta
November 8th, 2010, 11:23 AM
I like the bracket except for the 4 CAA teams. I think 5 is the more likely scenario.

I really like the possibility of App St coming to the Tub. Good luck on getting a ticket for that one.
And the possible W&M rematch with Nova. /drools

WestCoastAggie
November 8th, 2010, 11:26 AM
SEMO upsets Villanova if they meet!

kcatz
November 8th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Let me get this right if the griz beat the Cats it is questionable if an 8-3 MSU gets in but no one is really questioning the griz sos (should they lose to CAT/griz)?

TwoFeathers
November 8th, 2010, 11:27 AM
I like the bracket except for the 4 CAA teams. I think 5 is the more likely scenario.

I really like the possibility of App St coming to the Tub. Good luck on getting a ticket for that one.
And the possible W&M rematch with Nova. /drools

Tribe rematch with either Villanova or Delaware would be huge. I suppose both could happen depending on how the brackets pan out. Truth be told, even with the updated polls, I think the outcome of any of those games could be a toss-up.

Villanova @W&M in the Semi's, W&M vs. Delaware in Frisco, TX!

LeadBolt
November 8th, 2010, 11:49 AM

Anything is possible...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 8th, 2010, 12:01 PM
If Lehigh doesn't to get a home game i'd like to see them play Umass. Montana would be a great experience for the team and there's a good chance the game would be on espn. However, if they were to finish 9-2 i don't believe the deserve such a fate. The Hawks and Minutemen have a great history dating back to the 70's. That game would create a lot of interest imo. Plus, I think Lehigh can run with them. Ditto with Montana.

As long as Lehigh doesn't face Delaware, W&M, App State or a healthy Szczur led 'Nova team they'll do fine. I wouldn't mind another crack at UNH with a healthy Lum.

LehighFan11
November 8th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Lehigh @ Montana would be a cruel assignment. Lehigh wouldn't be nearly as competitive vs. a Montana as they would be vs. a CAA team. The pure shock and awe of that stadium in November would due them in. Robert Morris @ Lehigh is a fitting 1st round game.

ToTheLeft
November 8th, 2010, 12:07 PM
this violates the geography rule, at least three times.

TSN doesn't try, they don't consider facts or details.

DirtyBird
November 8th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Cal Poly did not even win the Great West, and they lost to Texas Sate how do they get in?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 8th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Lehigh @ Montana would be a cruel assignment. Lehigh wouldn't be nearly as competitive vs. a Montana as they would be vs. a CAA team. The pure shock and awe of that stadium in November would due them in. Robert Morris @ Lehigh is a fitting 1st round game.

Montana is not the same caliber of team compared to past years. There's a good chance they lose to Montana State which would be their 4th defeat. The atmosphere would be the biggest obstacle. Playing a week after LU-LC would help some though. Big crowd, lots of energy and nerves.

WestCoastAggie
November 8th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Cal Poly did not even win the Great West, and they lost to Texas Sate how do they get in?

From what I was told, GW teams are looked upon as Indy teams and by beating UC-Davis, they will have 8 D1 wins and victory over Montana.

FargoBison
November 8th, 2010, 12:17 PM
From what I was told, GW teams are looked upon as Indy teams and by beating UC-Davis, they will have 8 D1 wins and victory over Montana.

They would have 7 DI wins, but that Montana win is everything. Really at 7-3(against DI teams) a team like Cal Poly is looking pretty decent considering the next best team is likely 7-4 or in the MEAC or PFL.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 8th, 2010, 12:20 PM

They would have 7 DI wins, but that Montana win is everything. Really at 7-3(against DI teams) a team like Cal Poly is looking pretty decent considering the next best team is likely 7-4 or in the MEAC or PFL.

I agree - that Montana win is indeed everything. It's not a bad horse to hitch yourself to, but I think the fates of Cal Poly and Montana are linked. If the Griz get to 8-3 with 7 D-I wins, both make it. If they instead are 7-4 and lose to Montana State, both are out of luck.

The Griz are more on the playoff bubble, I think, than most people realize.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 8th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Villanova getting a seed over either EWU or MSU!? What a joke.

HensRock
November 8th, 2010, 12:23 PM

I think you are right about that. If ASU beats Wofford they will get a seed.

I also don't think they're going to give 3/5 seeds to the same conference.
Maybe MSU will win out and get the 4 or 5 seed.
In that case, Montana will not be there.

I think the only way MSU and UM make the dance is if EWU loses to ISU, that makes MSU the AQ. Don't see it happening.

kcatz
November 8th, 2010, 12:36 PM
MSU is the AQ (we have the head to head tie breaker over EWU) so EWU does not have to lose we have to win out.

bostonspider
November 8th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Yes but if MSU wins out then UM might not make the playoffs

bostonspider
November 8th, 2010, 12:44 PM
So if the Spiders win out are pretty definitely in? Would be 7-4 with wins over Elon, JMU, UMass and W&M and losses to UD, @Nova, @UNH and @UVA.

biggie
November 8th, 2010, 12:51 PM
May be possible for SoCon to get 2 seeded teams, if App wins in a close one and Woff only has 1 conf loss as well. But some other losses would probably have to happen.

CopperCat
November 8th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I hate it for The Griz, but if they don't beat MSU I'm not so sure they can make it.

And as far as MSU, if they lose to The Griz, even at 8-3 folks can rightfully question their inclusion because of that *sparkling* rank of *104* in SoS.

They're top 15 in GPI. Your logic is faulty at best. BSC is third in conference strength, ahead of the SoCon.

As a general comment, looks to me like there are some glaring weaknesses in this bracket. Montana might not make the playoffs at all, and if they did I certainly would not expect Lehigh to pay them a visit.

DirtyBird
November 8th, 2010, 02:59 PM
I understand the GWC is not an AQ but to act like it doesnt exsist is silly. I am not saying SUU has a right to go (loses to Texas State and NAU really hurt) but if by some chance they pull of the upset of Eastern Washington there by winning the GWC and beating the BSC champs and Poly goes ahead of them that is not right. Of course this is all speculation that Poly beats Davis and wins out and SUU beats Eastern Washington to finish 7-4.

asknoquarter21
November 8th, 2010, 03:06 PM
May be possible for SoCon to get 2 seeded teams, if App wins in a close one and Woff only has 1 conf loss as well. But some other losses would probably have to happen.

I am thinking on those lines as well

If ASU wins against wofford I think they are the #3 or #4, if UD or W&M drop 1 game ASU moves to #2

If wofford then beats UTC I think they are the #5 (considering EWU wins out and takes the #3 or #4)

I could see

1. UD
2. ASU
3. EWU
4. W&M (say a loss to UR)
5. WC

I don't think that is that far fetched of a scenerio

You could probably make a case for EWU over ASU for the #2 seed. I have a hard time seeing the committee sending ASU to Washington considering $$$$.

SpeedkingATL
November 8th, 2010, 03:09 PM
At least 4 CAA teams get in so I figure ASU will have to beat at least 2 and probably 3 to win the National Championship. I just hope if it works out that way, that they don't have us playing Wofford in the second round. Nothing against SCSU but would really like to play someone else in our opening round game. I understand the cost savings of regional matchups but it would be fun to play a Montana State, Cal Poly, SFA or EWU that we don't play often. A semi-final or final against Nova or Delaware would also be sweet if we can get that far this year. Sweeter if it's at The Rock!

VUCats02
November 8th, 2010, 03:39 PM
If Delaware is a 2 seed, they are assuming Nova loses to Delaware. If nova loses to delaware, they will be a bubble team to make the playoffs which means they definitely should not be a 5 seed.

Fear the Bird
November 8th, 2010, 03:56 PM
If Delaware is a 2 seed, they are assuming Nova loses to Delaware. If nova loses to delaware, they will be a bubble team to make the playoffs which means they definitely should not be a 5 seed.

I think anybody who thinks a 7-4 Nova team with losses to what would probably be your #1, #2 and possible fringe top 25 team as well as a bowl-bound FBS team, playing a good part of those games without the best player in the country, will miss the playoffs or even resides on the bubble is crazy.

Give yourself some credit VUCats02!

MacThor
November 8th, 2010, 03:59 PM
I think anybody who thinks a 7-4 Nova team with losses to what would probably be your #1, #2 and possible fringe top 25 team as well as a bowl-bound FBS team, playing a good part of those games without the best player in the country, will miss the playoffs or even resides on the bubble is crazy.

Yeah, but there's no way they'd get a seed in that scenario.

superman7515
November 8th, 2010, 04:06 PM
App State has two very tough games ahead. Would a loss to Florida affect their seed?

Not at all. Delaware loses away by 1 point to a ranked opponent who is now #1 and falls 5 spots. App St loses away by 7 points to an unranked opponent and falls 2 spots. They could lose out the rest of the year and TSN would still project them as a top 5 seed.

VUCats02
November 8th, 2010, 04:59 PM

Well I do think we get in at 7-4, but like MacThor said, we wouldn't get a seed. We might get a home game still, but no seed. Nova is still in a very good position to be in - they have their destiny in their own hands which is all you can ask for at this point in the season.

NovaHater
November 8th, 2010, 05:20 PM

Great post there WestCoast xhurrayx. I really like your analysis and breakdown of the teams, you really put alot of thought into your prediction.

Why don't you take BS like this to the Smack forum.

Cincy App
November 8th, 2010, 08:36 PM
TSN doesn't try, they don't consider facts or details.

Exactly. TSN's efforts at brackets have been quite uneducated this year. Their proposed first round matchups would never happen when bus trip options are available. In prior weeks, they had 2 Big Sky teams facing each other in their first game. This week's participating teams are realistic but the matchups leave much to be desired. They need to get No Bowls or Texas Terror to help!

R.A.
November 8th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Nothing against SCSU but would really like to play someone else in our opening round game.

I bet you would, lol... 37-21 in 2008, 20-13 in 2009... looks like the third time could be the charm for the Bulldogs at The Rock if they make it in the field of 20.