PDA

View Full Version : Gardner Webb Schedule Announced?

Thumper250
February 13th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Seems G-W has a visit from App State on the schedule in '06. Hope I can get tickets.

http://www.gwusports.com/story.asp?Region=&MarketId=&Market=&OrgId=20913&story=70832

EagleCrusade
February 13th, 2006, 03:28 PM
It also appears you're going to Jacksonville Univerisity to play the Dolphins on 9/2.

That is....interesting.

walliver
February 13th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Seems G-W has a visit from App State on the schedule in '06. Hope I can get tickets.

If you're expecting a sellout, I hope y'all bring in some porta-potties for the visitors side. The men's BR at Spangler has three very narrow urinals stacked together, but in practice only two normal sized men can squeeze in together (without getting too friendly). If a mountain man like Yosef goes in there, he'll fill up the entire bathroom.

fuEMO
February 13th, 2006, 03:47 PM
your friggin kidding me… If I remember right we got all kids of flack for going to Spangler Stadium.

A word of advice bring some earplugs. G-W faced a row speakers that Motley Crue would envy and blarred music onto the Purple faithful. If not for a sneak attack by our waterboy whom unplugged those monsters, we all surely would have gone deaf.

MYTAPPY
February 13th, 2006, 04:09 PM
your friggin kidding me… If I remember right we got all kids of flack for going to Spangler Stadium.

A word of advice bring some earplugs. G-W faced a row speakers that Motley Crue would envy and blarred music onto the Purple faithful. If not for a sneak attack by our waterboy whom unplugged those monsters, we all surely would have gone deaf.

Thanks for the warning, i'll keep that in mind when I visit the thriving metropolis of Boiling Springs.

Thumper250
February 13th, 2006, 04:14 PM
I'm sure there will be some arrangements made for that weekend. There are a lot of App folks who live in and around that area.

I am told by a friend of mine in the Spartanburg area that they had over 11,000 fans for some H.S. jamboree there last year (I guess they sat on the hills too in the stadium) and they had done some things on the visitor's side that made life more livable.

And those speakers are loud. Good speakers though.

MYTAPPY
February 14th, 2006, 10:32 AM
I'm sure there will be some arrangements made for that weekend. There are a lot of App folks who live in and around that area.

I am told by a friend of mine in the Spartanburg area that they had over 11,000 fans for some H.S. jamboree there last year (I guess they sat on the hills too in the stadium) and they had done some things on the visitor's side that made life more livable.

And those speakers are loud. Good speakers though.

Trust me, a lot of App fans will be at this game.
It will take more than loud speakers to rattle us though.

GeauxLions94
February 14th, 2006, 10:38 AM
BOILING SPRINGS, N.C. – Gardner-Webb has finalized its 2006 football schedule, with 11 games and six home games – including a Spangler Stadium visit from defending I-AA national champion Appalachian State.

The 2006 season will open on Saturday, Sept. 2, on the road at Jacksonville (Fla.) University. Gardner-Webb will then tangle with a pair of Ohio Valley Conference foes, tacking Tennessee Tech at home on September 9 (6:00 pm ET kickoff) and traveling for a rematch with Tennessee-Martin on September 16.

The Bulldogs will host defending national champion Appalachian State on September 23 in Spangler Stadium (6:00 pm ET kickoff) – the two programs’ first meeting since 1989 and first ever in Boiling Springs. The game also marks the Mountaineers’ first visit to a Big South Conference venue since 2002 (at Liberty).

A road game at growing I-AA power Southeastern Louisiana on September 30 follows

I like the sound of that :nod:

SoCon48
February 14th, 2006, 11:29 AM

http://www.gwusports.com/story.asp?Region=&MarketId=&Market=&OrgId=20913&story=70832

You can have mine.

SoCon48
February 14th, 2006, 11:30 AM
If you're expecting a sellout, I hope y'all bring in some porta-potties for the visitors side. The men's BR at Spangler has three very narrow urinals stacked together, but in practice only two normal sized men can squeeze in together (without getting too friendly). If a mountain man like Yosef goes in there, he'll fill up the entire bathroom.

Hey we're used to that at App. We have like 20 of them for any game expecting a decent gate.