PDA

View Full Version : Conference Tie-Breaker Rules?

DSUrocks07
November 7th, 2010, 09:04 PM
What's yours? I sure hope its better than what the bright minds in the MEAC office have come up with... xnonono2x

MEAC Football Tie-Breaker System

Two-Team or Multiple-Team Tie – If the tied teams played each other, head-to-head competition will be used to determine the representative.

For multiple ties, head-to-head record vs. all teams tied.
If a tie still exists then the following shall be used:

1) Points xeyebrowx

A) Count six (6) points for a win against a Division I-A team;

B) Count four (4) points for a non-conference Division I-AA win;

C) Count one (1) point for a win against a Division II team, OR, subtract a point for a loss against a Division II team;

The team with the highest point total shall be the Automatic Qualifier for the NCAA Playoffs or the specified Bowl game, whichever is applicable. xconfusedx

2) Coin Toss
Point system? Seriously? That basically penalizes a team for playing a tougher schedule. xthumbsdownxxthumbsdownx

Big Dawg
November 8th, 2010, 01:39 AM
What's yours? I sure hope its better than what the bright minds in the MEAC office have come up with... xnonono2x

Point system? Seriously? That basically penalizes a team for playing a tougher schedule. xthumbsdownxxthumbsdownx

Yeah it does

Blueandwhitefightfight
November 8th, 2010, 01:45 AM
If I was an AD in the MEAC, I'd be scheduling Akron, New Mexico, Florida Atlantic, and Ball State for my OOC games given those rules.

Jackman
November 8th, 2010, 01:50 AM
I'd say loading up on the bottom of the Pioneer League for 4 points each is far more efficient than trying to upset even a bad FBS team for a mere 6 points.

Big Dawg
November 8th, 2010, 01:51 AM
If I was an AD in the MEAC, I'd be scheduling Akron, New Mexico, Florida Atlantic, and Ball State for my OOC games given those rules.

Yeah but if you lose those games, it's gonna be tough...right now, the MEAC could be looking at a potential 3 way tie for first place.