PDA

View Full Version : FCS Team in AP Poll

smallcollegefbfan
November 7th, 2010, 12:43 PM
The AP has tipped their hat as to who should be number one in FCS. I personally believe it will and should be William & Mary but I don't think they will win the national title. The AP has picked Delaware though. Congrats to the Blue Hens for getting in there.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/1

superman7515
November 7th, 2010, 12:51 PM
First AP votes in a while for Delaware. Good stuff.

theasushow
November 7th, 2010, 01:01 PM
haha congrats Delaware.....but the title is a little misleading, by "poll" i thought u meant they were actually in the poll. still very impressive tho!

Wmbgskip
November 7th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Maybe, but the AP also dropped Boise State two spots after all they did was absolutely paste Hawai'i, 42-7.

Doesn't make me inclined to give any credibility to the results of the AP poll.

emilimo701
November 7th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Hmn. So one guy put them in as his #25 team. Lol. You have to take it for what it's worth (not much), but it's still cool though!

Big Al
November 7th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Man, that poll is a joke, although I will thank them for only dropping Utah to #15. Michigan State jumps from 16 to 10 on the strength of beating Minnesota? That somehow justifies leapfrogging Iowa? Also, who in the heck is giving Boise State #1 votes ahead of TCU?

Sorry for the non-FCS rant, but it just reinforces that using polls such as this to determine BCS participation is a joke.

JMUNJ08
November 8th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Man, that poll is a joke, although I will thank them for only dropping Utah to #15. Michigan State jumps from 16 to 10 on the strength of beating Minnesota? That somehow justifies leapfrogging Iowa? Also, who in the heck is giving Boise State #1 votes ahead of TCU?

Sorry for the non-FCS rant, but it just reinforces that using polls such as this to determine BCS participation is a joke.

xscanx They actually use the Coaches and Harris poll as the AP thought they were too high and mighty...

nwFL Griz
November 8th, 2010, 11:55 AM

I would give Boise #1 votes ahead of TCU. I've watched both play, several times each, and I think Boise would beat TCU on a neutral field (each winning at their home).

caribbeanhen
November 9th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Hmn. So one guy put them in as his #25 team. Lol. You have to take it for what it's worth (not much), but it's still cool though!

laugh now, because you wont be when the Bluehens come to town on Saturday. It's really not that hard to believe that Delaware and several other FCS teams for that matter could beat the teams around #25 in the nation, besides a CAA bad JMU already did it, W&M went toe to toe with UNC, havent you been paying attention to college football that past few years?