PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Georgia Southern.....

theasushow
November 6th, 2010, 05:11 PM
For ending ASU's RIDICULOUS 26 game SOCON winning streak.....we all knew it would end sooner or later, but the way GSU played today they deserved to win. Holding the APP offense to 14 points is an incredible feat and for that you are to be applauded. Good luck the rest of the way. Sometimes you just get beat, that was what happened today to ASU.

AppState913
November 6th, 2010, 05:14 PM
what's funny is we restarted our 26 game streak with Georgia Southern on Black Saturday in 2007...

theasushow
November 6th, 2010, 05:18 PM
what's funny is we restarted our 26 game streak with Georgia Southern on Black Saturday in 2007...

exactly 1,111 days ago...heck of a run if you ask me. the girl that i was dating at that time is now married (not to me) with one kid and one on the way....wow that really puts it into perspective haha.

Eaglesrus
November 6th, 2010, 05:42 PM
For ending ASU's RIDICULOUS 26 game SOCON winning streak.....we all knew it would end sooner or later, but the way GSU played today they deserved to win. Holding the APP offense to 14 points is an incredible feat and for that you are to be applauded. Good luck the rest of the way. Sometimes you just get beat, that was what happened today to ASU.

Thanks for the congrats! Just back from the game, and what a game it was. Our young defense came through in a huge way and the offense did just enough to pull it off. As many said before the game, you just never know when it's GSU - ASU.

EmeryZach
November 6th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Way to go Georgia Southern!!

BlueHenSinfonian
November 6th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Great job GaSou, one of the biggest wins of the day.

Eagle22
November 6th, 2010, 08:09 PM

Uh, technically that streak started AFTER that game, seeing how we won 38-35 :)

Winning that game in '07 also broke a long ASU home win streak. Had GSU not beaten Appalachian that day it was very likely that ASU would have eclipsed Georgia Southern's records (1st and 2nd longest) for consecutive home wins.

Still, a very impressive streak. With the win today, GSU has put the ball on the tee for Wofford to win the SoCon outright if they sneak out of Boone with a victory and beat UTC. With Appalachian poised to tie Georgia Southern as the only team in Southern Conference history to win or tie for six consecutive conference titles. For that, I'm gonna have to root for the Terriers to win ....

AppState913
November 6th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Uh, technically that streak started AFTER that game, seeing how we won 38-35 :)

Winning that game in '07 also broke a long ASU home win streak. Had GSU not beaten Appalachian that day it was very likely that ASU would have eclipsed Georgia Southern's records (1st and 2nd longest) for consecutive home wins.

Still, a very impressive streak. With the win today, GSU has put the ball on the tee for Wofford to win the SoCon outright if they sneak out of Boone with a victory. With Appalachian poised to tie Georgia Southern as the only team in Southern Conference history to win or tie for six consecutive conference titles. For that, I'm gonna have to root for the Terriers to win ....

That's what I meant...

Nobody ever thinks much of the GA Southern game, but it worries me every single year... and now we know why.

millwoga1
November 6th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Didn't realize the winning streak was that long! Congrats to Ga. Southern and very impressive to Appy for a long streak

phoenix3
November 6th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Big time congrats to GSU. Best of luck the rest of the way!

GreatAppSt
November 6th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Good game Eagles it's always a tough win on the road for the GSU/ASU tilts.the TO worked well keeping the ball away from us for long stretches. App had it's chances and was bested when it counted. no excuses here ya beat us.

CrackerRiley
November 8th, 2010, 08:04 AM
That's what I meant...

Nobody ever thinks much of the GA Southern game, but it worries me every single year... and now we know why.

If you don't think much of the ASU/GSU game you don't pay no squat about this rivalry. Biggest game of the year for me, every year. (I'm not referring to YOU specifically, I read your post fully)

Go...gate
November 8th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Congrats Eagles!