PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Robert Morris (First NEC AQ and First team to clinch a playoff spot)

danefan
November 6th, 2010, 01:51 PM
xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

Should be interesting to see where the bracket falls out. xnodxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Dane96
November 6th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Here here...just beat up CCSU. The team is really good.

Good luck representing the NEC. In some ways, this is poetic justice; it was RMU who dominated the league early on.

I Bleed Purple
November 6th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Am I correct in assuming they get to be early round fodder for the CAA?

danefan
November 6th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Am I correct in assuming they get to be early round fodder for the CAA?

It will depend on what happens but likely 1st round opponents:

Liberty
Lehigh
UMass

Nebuta
November 6th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Grats RMU on the AQ. Good luck the rest of the season.

darell1976
November 6th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Congrats to Robert Morris and to all the teams fighting and making the playoffs this year (and next)...see you in the playoffs in 2012!!

JMUNJ08
November 6th, 2010, 04:04 PM
It will depend on what happens but likely 1st round opponents:

Liberty
Lehigh
UMass

Have to add Nova in there now with the URI loss...

Hopefully the other polls will now recognize the RMU Colonials and put them in the Top 25 like many of us already have!

Original_RMC
November 6th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Congrats RMU
335 total yards rushing today with Russ leading the team with 177yds

This team better be ranked finally or the polls are officially a joke.

danefan
November 6th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Have to add Nova in there now with the URI loss...

Hopefully the other polls will now recognize the RMU Colonials and put them in the Top 25 like many of us already have!

Yup Nova is another now for sure.

WestCoastAggie
November 6th, 2010, 04:55 PM
I would not want to see RMU in the playoffs. They are set up to be world beaters.

heath
November 6th, 2010, 06:29 PM
I think Lehigh would LOVE to see Robert in the playoffs rather than travel to Liberty or UMass. Would be a great PA bragging rights game.

UNH Fanboi
November 6th, 2010, 06:30 PM
I think Lehigh would LOVE to see Robert in the playoffs rather than travel to Liberty or UMass. Would be a great PA bragging rights game.

Lehigh-RMU winner vs. Delaware would make sense

danefan
November 6th, 2010, 06:41 PM

That's probably the best case scenario for RMU as well. xthumbsupx

Original_RMC
November 6th, 2010, 07:16 PM

That would work for me

danefan
November 6th, 2010, 07:19 PM
That would work for me

I'd meet you in Newark, Delaware on December 4th O_RMC! xnodxxnodx

Original_RMC
November 6th, 2010, 08:07 PM
I'd meet you in Newark, Delaware on December 4th O_RMC! xnodxxnodx

I would break out my old RMC game jersey...LOL

DetroitFlyer
November 6th, 2010, 08:40 PM
I am thinking a Dayton RMU rematch just might be in order....

Dane96
November 6th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Like clockwork...heeeeeeeeeere's Detroit Flyer.

I dunno, I would think an extremely early season loss by RMU doesn't say what a game vs. Dayton today would be like. I will put it out there and say RMU wins the game by 10.

rmutv
November 6th, 2010, 11:13 PM
I am thinking a Dayton RMU rematch just might be in order....

Not happening. Doubtful Dayton makes the playoffs.

Sly Fox
November 7th, 2010, 12:33 AM
I would think a RMU-Liberty rematch would be a distinct possibility. But this time the Pats would have to travel to Lynchburg.

Original_RMC
November 7th, 2010, 06:22 AM
I would be upset if RMU had to face Dayton or Liberty again. Not saying that they would lose but the Colonials have had a great season and believe they desire a shot against someone else.

Original_RMC
November 7th, 2010, 06:59 AM
http://www.northeastconference.org/images/fball/2010/11/6/fb-rmuteam(l).jpg

UAalum72
November 7th, 2010, 07:25 AM
I would think a RMU-Liberty rematch would be a distinct possibility. But this time the Pats would have to travel to Lynchburg.
Who are the Pats?

DetroitFlyer
November 7th, 2010, 08:20 AM
http://www.northeastconference.org/images/fball/2010/11/6/fb-rmuteam(l).jpg

Great picture. Congratulations to Robert Morris. As a Burgh native, I am glad a Burgh team will be the first to represent the NEC in the playoffs. I only hope that the Bobby Mo train can pull the Flyers into the playoffs this year....

SoCalAg
November 13th, 2010, 02:11 PM
If you ask me, they are this year's USD. Talented for the NEC, not going anywhere in the playoffs. Bad loss today

aceinthehole
November 13th, 2010, 02:50 PM
If you ask me, they are this year's USD. Talented for the NEC, not going anywhere in the playoffs. Bad loss today

Not a bad loss at all.

RMU had already punched their ticket to the playoffs last week. This is the longest ROAD game of the year for the Colonials (Pittsburgh to Providence) against a solid Bryant team who had wins this year at home vs Fordham and Albany.

It's a little bit of a letdown for RMU and NEC fans, but the Colonials have a few weeks to prepare for their 1st round game. I think they go in hungry, not over confident.

Fear the Bird
November 13th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Not a bad loss at all.

RMU had already punched their ticket to the playoffs last week. This is the longest ROAD game of the year for the Colonials (Pittsburgh to Providence) against a solid Bryant team who had wins this year at home vs Fordham and Albany.

It's a little bit of a letdown for RMU and NEC fans, but the Colonials have a few weeks to prepare for their 1st round game. I think they go in hungry, not over confident.

Not sure I would go as far to call it not a bad loss at all - this is a team on a roll looking for respect for the school and conference with a chance to continue climbing in the rankings and possibly improve playoff positioning and it's defended by "they lost to a team that beat Fordham and Albany"

Original_RMC
November 13th, 2010, 03:14 PM
This is a bad lost but not the kind of lost that destroys a season. The 2010 Colonials brought back a championship to Moon Twp...something that it hasn't had since 2000. They get to be the first NEC to represent the Conference in the FCS Playoffs.
Yes...while this will be viewed as a 'bad lost' and of course will remove them from the Top 25...they should still be very proud on what they accomplished this year.

I feel bad for their 1st round matchup in 2 weeks

aceinthehole
November 13th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Not sure I would go as far to call it not a bad loss at all - this is a team on a roll looking for respect for the school and conference with a chance to continue climbing in the rankings and possibly improve playoff positioning and it's defended by "they lost to a team that beat Fordham and Albany"

Yeah, yeah ... I know ... if its not a loss to a CAA team it's not a "good loss." Whatever ...

Fear the Bird
November 13th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Yeah, yeah ... I know ... if its not a loss to a CAA team it's not a "good loss." Whatever ...

Not what I meant at all bro

I just think they would have been better served continuing momentum

downbythebeach
November 13th, 2010, 03:29 PM
I would have done the same thing as Joe W.
You're not going to get any respect anyway
Rest the banged up player cause you're not getting
a bye and you're gonna play away no matter if you
lose to Bryant or win by 100

DetroitFlyer
November 13th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Well, Dayton and JU did not lose today.... Robert Morris's loss today does not bode well for the Flyers.... Frankly, it is just criminal that the PFL has two 10-1 teams, (9-1 FCS, 8-0 PFL), that will have to hope and pray once again for an at large bid, while a two loss NEC champion, with a loss to the Flyers enjoys an automatic bid....

Franks Tanks
November 13th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Not a bad loss at all.

Whenever PL fans would point out a solid win vs. a team like Fordam NEC guys start attacking about how that isnt a quality win. Now the tables are turned and Fordham is a quality win for the NEC.

Original_RMC
November 13th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Well, Dayton and JU did not lose today.... Robert Morris's loss today does not bode well for the Flyers.... Frankly, it is just criminal that the PFL has two 10-1 teams, (9-1 FCS, 8-0 PFL), that will have to hope and pray once again for an at large bid, while a two loss NEC champion, with a loss to the Flyers enjoys an automatic bid....

Maybe Dayton should apply to the NEC...LOL.

Dane96
November 13th, 2010, 04:29 PM

Agreed. I am really disappointed and call this a bad loss. For playoff bracket purposes...they needed to win out to get the best game possible.

aceinthehole
November 13th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Agreed. I am really disappointed and call this a bad loss. For playoff bracket purposes...they needed to win out to get the best game possible.

RMU was/is playing at a CAA at-large team (regardless of the outcome of the Bryant game).

401ks
November 13th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Could someone explain the arcane playoff scheduling to me? In particular, why Robert Morris would not play the Patriot League champion (Lehigh?) in the first round?

Thanks!

Mr. C
November 13th, 2010, 06:58 PM
The loss today really doesn't change anything for Robert Morris. The Colonials were going to be on the road for the first week of the playoffs no matter what happened today. There is a strong chance RMU goes to Lehigh, or draws a CAA team like Villanova in the first round. Unless Liberty wins the Big South (because of the bid process), the Big South rep is also probably going to be traveling that first week, too.

Mr. C
November 13th, 2010, 07:00 PM
RMU was/is playing at a CAA at-large team (regardless of the outcome of the Bryant game).

Depends on how the playoffs shake out and who from the CAA is chosen for the field. There might not be as many CAA teams in the field as you think.

TheBisonator
November 13th, 2010, 07:07 PM

Maybe it's cause the NEC gives out some scholarships???

Just sayin'.

ngineer
November 13th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Congrats RMU--Hope to see you in Bethlehem in two weeks!!