PDA

View Full Version : Harbaugh, USD Begin Spring Drills Tues Feb 14

TexasTerror
February 11th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Football time! USD gets underway this week and we'll see what the best mid-major team from a year ago can do to some extent. Where's all of our Toreros? You guys pumped about the game at UC-Davis? If Harbaugh does good this year, will he be gone? What's the word from San Diego outside of a nice sweep of Texas in baseball?

USD FOOTBALL SET TO BEGIN SPRING PRACTICE DRILLS

12 Practices From Feb. 14th thru Mar. 9th

Feb. 11, 2006

Third year head coach Jim Harbaugh and his staff, coming off the program's best season ever (11-1 overall; 4-0 PFL Champions; No. 1 The Sports Network I-AA Mid-Major Team), will get their first look at their 2006 squad when they begin spring practice drills on Tuesday, February 14th at 1:30 pm at the Manchester Athletic Field. It will be the first of twelve scheduled practice dates that will end on Thursday, March 9th.

Harbaugh, the 2005 PFL North Coach of the Year and a nominee for the I-AA Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year Award, will return an outstanding group of returners that will be led by junior quarterback Josh Johnson, the 2005 PFL Offensive Player of the Year, and junior defensive end Eric Bakhtiari. The Toreros, who have gone 18-5 in Harbaugh's first two years, won their final eight games in 2005 and have gone an oustanding 15-1 over the past 16 games. USD, which has won 13 straight games at Torero Stadium, a mark that matches the school record, will look to set a new mark on September 2nd when they host Azusa Pacific in a 6 pm contest.

USD will play a 12-game schedule in 2006 with a six-game home slate beginning with Azusa Pacific. The Pioneer Football League will go back to a single division format with league opponents being Davidson, Butler, Valparaiso, Drake, Morehead State, Jacksonville and Dayton. This year's PFL champion will take on the winner of the Northeast Conference on November 18th. The Toreros will close out their regular-season schedule with a road game at UC Davis on November 25th.

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/021106aad.html

wannabegaucho
February 11th, 2006, 11:07 PM
I think the Aggies will win by 21 when they play. USD, sad to say, probably will not when the Pioneer Football League this year unless they beat Butler and the D schools (Dayton and Drake).

ucdtim17
February 12th, 2006, 02:30 AM
Their baseball team is kicking ass though - won the first 2 in Davis. My boy steve singleton is batting .600. Football - different story. It's not gonna be close

Go...gate
February 13th, 2006, 12:14 PM
This seems really early.

February 13th, 2006, 01:19 PM
This seems really early.Jackson State starts today, San Diego tomorrow and Cal Poly on Weds. There may be others but those are the only ones I have heard of for this week.