PDA

View Full Version : chattanooga still alive

chattownmocs
November 1st, 2010, 10:19 AM
Or are the mocs dead for a playoff spot. An auburn loss is a foregone conclusion. If we won our other 3 including at wofford would we be in or out? Coleman has got to stop throwing INTs

bigCasu
November 1st, 2010, 10:33 AM
I think the Wofford game decides your fate, and of course the Wofford/App game will also play into your playoffs hopes.

elon77
November 1st, 2010, 01:23 PM
Sorry Moc fans, if Elon put close to 200 yards rushing on you Wofford will probably rush for 600. They will probably win and you will be out.

JSU02
November 1st, 2010, 01:44 PM
An auburn loss is a foregone conclusion.
I've been a big advocate for Nooga this season, but if your players feel that way, I don't think you deserve a playoff spot.

chattownmocs
November 1st, 2010, 02:55 PM
Sorry Moc fans, if Elon put close to 200 yards rushing on you Wofford will probably rush for 600. They will probably win and you will be out.

Great logic.

chattownmocs
November 1st, 2010, 02:56 PM
Im not a player. Not sure whether they feel that way or not. But its also realistic. This isnt ole miss in week 1.

chattanoogamocs
November 1st, 2010, 04:23 PM
I've been a big advocate for Nooga this season, but if your players feel that way, I don't think you deserve a playoff spot.

What is even the point of your comment? Have you seen anywhere where a player or coach said they thought they would lose?

Surely you know enough about football to know that every coach prepares their team to win no matter who the opponent...however a fans on a messageboard can be realistic.

If the Mocs were playing a team like Ole Miss or Vandy...I am sure plenty of Mocfans would be picking an upset. :)

Skjellyfetti
November 1st, 2010, 04:27 PM

wtf? xlolx

heath
November 1st, 2010, 07:13 PM
All depends on how the CAA finishes out, you guys need some help,but Thanksgiving at home is not all that badxthumbsupx

AshevilleApp2
November 2nd, 2010, 07:05 AM
I think a four loss Mocs team with a quality win against Wofford would have a good chance of making the playoffs.

phoenix3
November 2nd, 2010, 07:37 AM

I honestly think that Elon's "rushing attack", was as much a surprise to UTC as it was to me. You have to hand it to Skrosky & Lembo for devising an effective game plan. With Wofford, your defense will have to stick to their assignments. I can watch Wofford for an entire game but only know who has the ball about half the time when they are on offense. Wofford is stoppable, even with a D that lost over half their starters from last year. I hope your coaches study the Elon/Wofford film well. Their D is the best we faced all season. So Coleman will have to really be accurate & your O line tough.

If you win out, other than Auburn, I think the SoCon gets 3 teams in the playoffs. I, for one, will be pulling for you to do just that.

WrenFGun
November 2nd, 2010, 07:38 AM
I think a four loss Mocs team with a quality win against Wofford would have a good chance of making the playoffs.

Agree with that. Definitely in the running if they beat Wofford.

JSU02
November 2nd, 2010, 08:03 AM
I'm saying don't have a defeatist attitude in regards to Auburn. Yes, it will probably be your toughest game, but don't admit defeat.

elon77
November 2nd, 2010, 08:07 AM
I honestly think that Elon's "rushing attack", was as much a surprise to UTC as it was to me. You have to hand it to Skrosky & Lembo for devising an effective game plan. With Wofford, your defense will have to stick to their assignments. I can watch Wofford for an entire game but only know who has the ball about half the time when they are on offense. Wofford is stoppable, even with a D that lost over half their starters from last year. I hope your coaches study the Elon/Wofford film well. Their D is the best we faced all season. So Coleman will have to really be accurate & your O line tough.

If you win out, other than Auburn, I think the SoCon gets 3 teams in the playoffs. I, for one, will be pulling for you to do just that.

If they watch Elon's defense in the second half they will learn something. Except for one wounded duck like pass Elon pretty much shut that attack down.

phoenix3
November 2nd, 2010, 09:31 AM
If they watch Elon's defense in the second half they will learn something. Except for one wounded duck like pass Elon pretty much shut that attack down.

Right you are! They had 246 yards rushing for the game but only 81 in the 2nd half.

Reign of Terrier
November 2nd, 2010, 10:25 AM
Elon was able to adjust on both sides of the ball that gamexnodx Wofford didn't and we tried to sit on it, and when you do that to good teams you get bit in the butt

longtimemocfan
November 3rd, 2010, 05:35 PM
I'll give it to Lembo, very impressed in how he attacked our defense the first half. Their ( Elon) defense was well versed in what we were doing initially with our offense. Huesman did counter nicely the 2nd half as we outgained Elon by nearly 300 yards the 2nd half. Even with all the turnovers.

phoenix3
November 3rd, 2010, 07:57 PM
I'll give it to Lembo, very impressed in how he attacked our defense the first half. Their ( Elon) defense was well versed in what we were doing initially with our offense. Huesman did counter nicely the 2nd half as we outgained Elon by nearly 300 yards the 2nd half. Even with all the turnovers.

Chatty was unstoppable in the 3rd Q. I hope you play like that in the next 12 quarters. If so, playoffs, here you come!