PDA

View Full Version : CAA Week 10 pick 'em

tribefan40
November 1st, 2010, 08:35 AM
Nova @ URI - Nova continues to roll with an eye on the playoffs. Nova 42 - URI 20
JMU @ UR - Epic defensive battle. JMU wins a squeaker. JMU 9 - UR 6
Towson @ UD - Towson goes ahead earlier only to be blown out in the second half. UD 49 - Towson 17
Maine @ UMass - UMass continues to find their rhythm and runs to a quality victory. UMass 24 - Maine 14

Game of the Week:
W&M @ UNH - Does the Tribe have a letdown after their emotional loss and succumb to the injury plague? No. The Tribe comes out mad, goes up big in the first and UNH comes back at the end to make it close. W&M 28 - UNH 17

Another great week in the CAA! xsmileyclapx

Nebuta
November 1st, 2010, 08:58 AM
Nova, UR, UD, W&M and UMASS all winners.

VBR_Productions
November 1st, 2010, 09:07 AM
Villanova, James Madison, Delaware, UMass and W&M all come away with wins this weekend.

SpeedkingATL
November 1st, 2010, 09:30 AM
Nova @ URI - Nova takes care of business against the undermanned Rams 38-14

JMU @ URich - This will be a very physical battle and points will be at a price and premium. The loser is out of the playoff picture so there is lots of incentive. I go with Richmond because of home field advantage 14-13.

Towson @ UD - The Chickens lay the lumber early and often to Towson. 38-10.

Maine @ UMass - The Minutemen get the offense clicking against the Bears and win going away at home by 31-17.

W&M @ UNH - Tough time for the Tribe to travel to NH after an emotional and physical near miss against the Tarholes. I guarentee I miss this pick as I have missed on UNH with startling regularity. Tribe wins on the road 21-20.

kdinva
November 1st, 2010, 09:40 AM
Villanova 36, Rhode Island 17
Richmond 19, JMU 14
Delaware 44, Towson 12
UMass 27, Maine 17
Wm. & Mary 26, New Hampshire 20

jlcharles
November 1st, 2010, 11:57 AM
Nova @ URI
JMU @ URich
Towson @ UD
Maine @ UMass
W&M @ UNH

WMTribe90
November 1st, 2010, 12:26 PM
I'd wait to see WM's innjury report before making any predictions for the UNH game.

smcwildcat
November 1st, 2010, 12:28 PM
haters in the building we LOVE IT

asknoquarter21
November 1st, 2010, 12:30 PM
Nova @ URI
JMU @ URich
Towson @ UD
Maine @ UMass
W&M @ UNH

soccerguy315
November 1st, 2010, 12:32 PM
haters in the building we LOVE IT

I hope this is not UNH's year to break the streak! haha... been a long time since you beat us. Has to happen sometime though.

Mattymc727
November 1st, 2010, 12:53 PM
I hope UNH is even ready after the bye week, we had so much momentum going into it and now the boys have had a full week off. I think coach mac kept their heads straight.....i hope

Mattymc727
November 1st, 2010, 12:55 PM
anyway......

Nova @ URI
JMU @ URich
Towson @ UD
Maine @ UMass
W&M @ UNH

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 1st, 2010, 02:20 PM
I hope this is not UNH's year to break the streak! haha... been a long time since you beat us. Has to happen sometime though.

This is the year of broken streaks for UNH....fbsxbangxURIxbangxxbangxMainexbangxxbangxxb angx

W&Mxprayx

tribefan40
November 1st, 2010, 03:41 PM
Should be a great game. Looks like we'll be coming in with our #3 QB and a few others still out. If our TE and Grimes are limited I think this is a much closer game and a tough one for us to win. Still close either way, those guys being out will hurt.

Mattymc727
November 1st, 2010, 05:31 PM
Should be a great game. Looks like we'll be coming in with our #3 QB and a few others still out. If our TE and Grimes are limited I think this is a much closer game and a tough one for us to win. Still close either way, those guys being out will hurt.

I really wish W&M was healthy for this game. If UNH wins it will still be hard to tell how well we could do in the playoffs if we make it. If W&M was healthy and UNH still won, then I would be pretty confident with the team going forward. Perhaps there will be a rematch late in the playoffs with healthy teams.

bluehenbillk
November 1st, 2010, 07:38 PM
Nova, JMU, UD, UMass & UNH

jmufan999
November 1st, 2010, 07:57 PM
i feel like JMU is getting pity votes now. that's almost worse than being good and not getting votes. ok, no it's not. i'd rather be watching my team win.

by the way, i'm only picking maine because they always seem to come up with 1 or 2 upsets you never see coming, i'm just picking them arbitrarily.

Nova @ URI
JMU @ URich
Towson @ UD
Maine @ UMass
W&M @ UNH

NovaHater
November 1st, 2010, 08:08 PM
Villanova 17 Rhode Island 7 Nova flat, looking ahead to UNH next week
Richmond 13 JMU 14 Too many injuries for Spiders to overcome
Delaware 20, Towson 10 UD can't put teams away, closer than it should be
UMass 17, Maine 7 If this were in Orono, but it's not. UMass, but could be close
Wm. & Mary 17 New Hampshire 20 Not enough pressure on Toman spells trouble for Tribe

iSpider
November 2nd, 2010, 03:31 AM
Nova @ URI - Cakewalk. Nothing further need be said.
JMU @ URich - UR has no Oline to protect the QB and will have to go with the Wildcat. JMU knows this and will load the box to stop the run.
Towson @ UD See above (Cakewalk). Towson cannot stop the Hens...period.
Maine @ UMass - Could be close.
W&M @ UNH - Interesting contest. Let's see which team shows up for both WM and UNH.

jmufan999
November 2nd, 2010, 06:24 PM
Too many injuries for Spiders to overcome

if they're in a worse injury situation than JMU (hard to believe, but possible), then this will be an UGLY, UGLY game for both sides.

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 2nd, 2010, 09:40 PM
Nova 35 @ URI 7 xsmileyclapx Tune up for northern 'Cats
JMU 13 @ UR 0 JMU xwhistlex Defense gives hope for one more week
Towson 14 @ UD 42 xnodx Hens prep for playoffs.
Maine 17 @ UMass 14 (OT) xconfusedx UMass roller coaster continues. Black Bears put the kabosh on any playoff hopes, ....
W&M 17 @ UNH 24 xrotatehx Sorry Tribe, all great streaks must come to an end. UNH has destiny .... and a bunch of W&M injuries on its side this year.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 3rd, 2010, 07:01 AM
This is the year of broken streaks for UNH....fbsxbangxURIxbangxxbangxMainexbangxxbangxxb angx

W&Mxprayx

Oh ya, win @JMUxhurrayxxhurrayx

JMUNJ08
November 5th, 2010, 09:51 AM
if they're in a worse injury situation than JMU (hard to believe, but possible), then this will be an UGLY, UGLY game for both sides.

We at least have our QB that we started with at the beginning of the season. The rest though is a toss up...

JMU wins because its @ UR...That's the way the series goes right????

superman7515
November 5th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Nova @ URI - Villanova should win this pretty handily but those Rams can surprise teams from time to time, so the Wildcats don't want to look past them.
JMU @ UR - Good defenses for both teams, but there aren't enough fake punts to keep the Spiders in it and unfortunately the quarterback situation isn't good.
Towson @ UD - Towson is overmatched, it's homecoming, and the Hens are looking to lock up a playoff spot... Not a good mix for the Tigers.
W&M @ UNH - Time for a little home cooking to keep UNH in the playoff hunt. This looks like it could be a squeaker though.
Maine @ UMass - UMass should win this one, but I had to pick an upset so although I'm thinking UMass will win, I'll go with Maine in the upset special. No real reason at all other than they were the last of the games left to pick.

JMUNJ08
November 6th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Nova 32 @ URI 10 - 'Cats run and hide
JMU 17 @ UR 13 - Away team always wins this one...I think
Towson 20 @ UD 24 - Blow out at home or Towson hangs around???
W&M 23 @ UNH 21 - W&M puts the 'Cats on life support
Maine 27 @ UMass 18 - Maine makes 1/2 the CAA needing to win out to make the playoffs

holycrossC
November 6th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Well you got the 17 right.

Col Hogan
November 6th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Nova 35 @ URI 7 xsmileyclapx Tune up for northern 'Cats
JMU 13 @ UR 0 JMU xwhistlex Defense gives hope for one more week
Towson 14 @ UD 42 xnodx Hens prep for playoffs.
Maine 17 @ UMass 14 (OT) xconfusedx UMass roller coaster continues. Black Bears put the kabosh on any playoff hopes, ....
W&M 17 @ UNH 24 xrotatehx Sorry Tribe, all great streaks must come to an end. UNH has destiny .... and a bunch of W&M injuries on its side this year.

Nova @ URI - Villanova should win this pretty handily but those Rams can surprise teams from time to time, so the Wildcats don't want to look past them.
JMU @ UR - Good defenses for both teams, but there aren't enough fake punts to keep the Spiders in it and unfortunately the quarterback situation isn't good.
Towson @ UD - Towson is overmatched, it's homecoming, and the Hens are looking to lock up a playoff spot... Not a good mix for the Tigers.
W&M @ UNH - Time for a little home cooking to keep UNH in the playoff hunt. This looks like it could be a squeaker though.
Maine @ UMass - UMass should win this one, but I had to pick an upset so although I'm thinking UMass will win, I'll go with Maine in the upset special. No real reason at all other than they were the last of the games left to pick.

Nova 32 @ URI 10 - 'Cats run and hide
JMU 17 @ UR 13 - Away team always wins this one...I think
Towson 20 @ UD 24 - Blow out at home or Towson hangs around???
W&M 23 @ UNH 21 - W&M puts the 'Cats on life support
Maine 27 @ UMass 18 - Maine makes 1/2 the CAA needing to win out to make the playoffs

Delaware was the only easy prediction this week...