PDA

View Full Version : Southland Conference - Week 10 Predictions

TexasTerror
October 31st, 2010, 07:54 AM
Welcome to our annual Southland Conference prediction thread. I will not be keeping track of everyone's results week to week, so you are more than welcome to do your part in helping out! For purposes of Lamar's entrance into the league in 2011, we'll also be including them in our predictions!

Week 10 Game Listing
McNeese State at Sam Houston State
Central Arkansas at Texas State-San Marcos
Stephen F. Austin at Nicholls
Northwestern State at Southeastern La.
Lamar at Georgia State

Week Ten TT's Predictions & Quick Analysis

McNeese State at Sam Houston State - The running back situation in Huntsville has me worried. If SHSU does not have available Flanders or Morrow, the offense is stagnant. The coaching staff is not willing to unleash Bell yet as he comes along and he will come along at one point. The running game sets the tone for Bell. Without it, McNEESE STATE wins.

Central Arkansas at Texas State-San Marcos - The Bobcats came back from a long way down to defeat SFA. The folks from San Marcos have not exactly been able to put together a solid 60 minutes. Will being at home help? Could happen, but still not optimistic on it. Did enjoy seeing all those Bobcats jumping back on the bus after the comeback. Time to hop off! CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Stephen F. Austin at Nicholls - What's good for what ails you? Most of the time as of the last few years, it has been Nicholls. Problem is for SFA is that they have to go to Thibodaux. Either way, still got to think STEPHEN F. AUSTIN takes care of business.

Northwestern State at Southeastern La. - The Terror is on the Demons' bandwagon. They do not do anything special, though Paul Harris is a phenomenal quarterback. They need to win out to have a chance at crashing the playoff party and a road trip to SLU may not be as hostile as many trips in the league due to the unexpected poor year by the Lions. NORTHWESTERN STATE

Lamar at Georgia State - Georgia State nearly beat South Alabama. We've seen what Lamar did against South Alabama and even more recently, we saw what the Cards against North Dakota. It's tough to find a way to pick Lamar. GEORGIA STATE

TT's Predictions All-Time Results
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 40-22 (9-18 SLC)
2009 Record: 41-22 (16-12 SLC)
2010 Record: 38-12 (10-6 SLC)
Total: 165-70 (59-40 SLC)

msusig
October 31st, 2010, 10:19 AM
Lamar at Georgia State

39-13

BobcatSymphony
October 31st, 2010, 12:47 PM
Did enjoy seeing all those Bobcats jumping back on the bus after the comeback[/b]. Time to hop off! CENTRAL ARKANSAS

I don't think anyone has jumped back on any bus so to speak. We still realize our season is down the drain. Nobody is looking any more optimistic about the remainder of our season really (nothing that isn't tongue in cheek from what I've read). We were just happy to see some fight in this team/staff for once this season. It was a nice thing to listen to on KTSW, but the last few games still leave me feeling down about the season. McNeese and SHSU have shown to be improving teams this season, and UCA has been a thorn to us since joining the SLC. I think our last three are winnable games, if our offense shows any signs of life the way they did in that last quarter at SFA. But if they come out sputtering like against Nich or NWSt, it'll be a done deal.

GeauxLions94
October 31st, 2010, 02:12 PM
McNeese State at Sam Houston State - McNeese added some depth at RB with the return of Champlain Babin and at QB with the return of Jacob Bower ... Kats have suffered two consecutive close losses and now have to face a pretty good McNeese State defense ... go with MCNEESE STATE

Central Arkansas at Texas State - Great fourth-quarter comeback by the Bobcats, who have had SFA's number recently ... UCA doesn't do anything pretty on offense, but are pretty good on D ranking second in the league in interceptions ... Bears still in the hunt (thanks to SFA loss) for the SLC title and Clint Conque and Co. look to keep rolling ... CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Stephen F. Austin at Nicholls - SFA turned off the switch and it hurt them last week against Texas State ... despite this game being played in Thibodaux (as tough a place for opponents to play in FCS), this one could get ugly if the Colonel offense has trouble getting untracked ... STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Northwestern State at Southeastern La. - Two teams headed in totally different directions ... Northwestern State is like tires on a car - "they ain't pretty, but they get the job done" ... Southeastern has turned into the UCA club of 2009 - a veteran club that can't get a break ... five of Lions' six losses have been by combined 18 points (we're still not talking about the Sam Houston State game) ... final home game for Lions who hope to send off senior class (led by All-American candidates Tommy Connors and Mark Newbill) with a win ... Lions have won three of last four in the series, but I'm sticking with the anti pick (as much as it pains me to admit) ... NORTHWESTERN STATE

Lamar at Georgia State - Another in a first-year program series ... don't know much about the Panthers other than they nearly beat South Alabama (who blanked Lamar in Beaumont) ... guess that's enough for me ... GEORGIA STATE

McNeese75
October 31st, 2010, 03:57 PM
McNeese State at Sam Houston State - Both teams are beat up but I think the Cowboy defense is better and our transfer running back is as good or better than theirs.

Central Arkansas at Texas State-San Marcos - If the Cats can go and pull it off in Nacoland, they can figure out how to win this one at home.

SFA at Nicholls - Colonels may give them fits but I think SFA will take care of business.

NWST at SLU - Just going with the home team on this one.

Lamar at Georgia State - I really want Lamar to win this one but they are just too one dimensional. Probably will end up about like the ND game last week.

2010 Record

34-17

McNeese72
October 31st, 2010, 04:30 PM
McNeese State at Sam Houston State - McNeese added some depth at RB with the return of Champlain Babin

He only played two plays that I can remembered and went off limping after each. After the second one he was on the training table with ice on his injured ankle. Champ is not "back", yet.

Doc

houtexan
November 1st, 2010, 08:15 AM
Lamar at Georgia State

JoshUCA
November 1st, 2010, 08:38 AM
Southeastern has turned into the UCA club of 2009 - a veteran club that can't get a break ... five of Lions' six losses have been by combined 18 points (we're still not talking about the Sam Houston State game) ...

It sucks doesn't it...man that was a painful season!

Lamar at Georgia State

DG Cowboy
November 1st, 2010, 08:54 AM
Seems like a wild SLC finish is in the making.
McNeese, TX St, Nicholls, SLU, GA St

Frosty The Snowbuff
November 3rd, 2010, 11:17 AM
McNeese State at Sam Houston State ---- Winner is the healthiest team by the end of the game....I'll go with the Pokes

Central Arkansas at Texas State-San Marcos ---- Bobcats in letdown mode????

Stephen F. Austin at Nicholls --- This....might....get....ugly....

Northwestern State at Southeastern La. --- Once again....I refuse to pick this game....Afterall....NSU is 2-0 when I've done this....Lets see if this works again...lol

Lamar at Georgia State ---- I HAVE FAITH IN THE FUTURE SOUTHLAND TEAM TO OVERCOME ADVERSITY AND BEAT "UPSET" GEORGIA STATE xlolx
(Someone has to...)

TexasTerror
November 6th, 2010, 09:54 PM
A 4-0 week!

TT's Predictions All-Time Results
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 40-22 (9-18 SLC)
2009 Record: 41-22 (16-12 SLC)
2010 Record: 43-12 (14-6 SLC)
Total: 170-70 (63-40 SLC)