PDA

View Full Version : Open Dates? I-As With Openings

TexasTerror
February 10th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Not sure how accurate this listing is, but this was posted on Feb 7th on a pretty solid football site, the one I get all my future schedules on...

TEAMS STILL SHOWING AN OPEN DATE ON THEIR 2006 SCHEDULES (Athletic Directors take notice)
Syracuse
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Kansas
BYU
Colorado State
TCU
Utah
Wyoming
Florida Atlantic
Louisiana-Monroe
North Texas
Hawai'i
New Mexico State
Temple

TexasTerror
February 11th, 2006, 07:37 AM
Add La Tech and California...as the Techsters are trying to get out of a game with California...

With ULM and LaTech on there, makes me wonder if they are in talks with Nicholls. Word was out that ULM was talking to Central Arkansas, technically a Div II team still.

When was the last time a Div I-A school played a Div II? I guess it's had to happen recently with all the transitionals...

arranger101
February 11th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Not sure how accurate this listing is, but this was posted on Feb 7th on a pretty solid football site, the one I get all my future schedules on...

TEAMS STILL SHOWING AN OPEN DATE ON THEIR 2006 SCHEDULES (Athletic Directors take notice)
Syracuse
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Kansas
BYU
Colorado State
TCU
Utah
Wyoming
Florida Atlantic
Louisiana-Monroe
North Texas
Hawai'i
New Mexico State
Temple

Well I hate having our open date on the 1st weekend of the season...give us Florida Atlantic!!!!!

SoCon48
February 11th, 2006, 04:16 PM

Syracuse
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Kansas
BYU
Colorado State
TCU
Utah
Wyoming
Florida Atlantic
Louisiana-Monroe
North Texas
Hawai'i
New Mexico State
Temple
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Too late now. App State has already signed to face those national powers Mars Hill Junior College and the University of Boiling Springs. If either of those two give us a run, I wouldn't blame the selection committee if they laughed us out of the whole I-AA play-off process.
Sure anything CAN happen on a given saturday--but it should not!

ucdtim17
February 12th, 2006, 02:25 AM
When was the last time a Div I-A school played a Div II? I guess it's had to happen recently with all the transitionals...

UCD and Idaho played in 1997. Not sure if that was the last time, but it was close at halftime and Idaho pulled away in the 2nd half (UCD was non-schollie D2 at the time)

swaghook
February 12th, 2006, 02:06 PM

Rumor has it Minnesota aproached UND for a game in 06 but UND turned them down. Which doesn't suprise me they are afraid to play up one level so why would they want to be ran over by a team two levels above them.