View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 10

carney2
October 30th, 2010, 08:01 PM
How many of you saw this back in August? C’mon now, tell the truth.

Week 10:

LEHIGH @ HOLY CROSS

LAFAYETTE @ COLGATE

FORDHAM @ BUCKNELL

Bye: GEORGETOWN

Patriot League vs. OOC = 12-22

vs. Big East: 0-1
vs. Big South: 1-0
vs. CAA: 1-3
vs. Ivy: 6-11
vs. MEAC: 1-0
vs. NEC: 1-4
vs. Northeast 10 (D-2): 0-1
vs. Pioneer: 2-1
vs. SoCon: 0-1

RECORDS/STANDINGS*:

League/Overall

Lehigh 3-0/6-2
Holy Cross 2-1/4-4
Fordham 2-2/4-5
Georgetown 2-3/3-6
Bucknell 1-2/1-7
Colgate 1-2/4-4
Lafayette 1-2/2-6

*Pick ‘em includes Fordham in League standings without regard to Patriot League eligibility rules.

SOME STATS FROM THE COLGATE @ LEHIGH SHOCKER:

1st Downs – CU 22, LU 21
Net Yds. Rushing – CU 215, LU 157
Net Yds. Passing – CU 89, LU 317
Total Offensive Yds. – CU 304, LU 474
Time of Possession – CU 35:06, LU 24:54

Huh?! How do you get to a 30-point rout from here?

Lehigh74
October 30th, 2010, 08:59 PM
SOME STATS FROM THE COLGATE @ LEHIGH SHOCKER:

1st Downs – CU 22, LU 21
Net Yds. Rushing – CU 215, LU 157
Net Yds. Passing – CU 89, LU 317
Total Offensive Yds. – CU 304, LU 474
Time of Possession – CU 35:06, LU 24:54

Huh?! How do you get to a 30-point rout from here?

The stats don't tell the story of this game. Lehigh totally controlled the game from the opening kickoff. Colgate was unable to stop Lehigh's passing attack. Lum had all day to pass and open receivers on every play. Once the score got out of hand Coen took his foot off the accelerator to keep from running up the score. Lehigh could have easily scored over 50.

ngineer
October 30th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Yes. Our two and three deep played most of the fourth quarter. Colgate was able to get some yardage at times on the ground, as expected. But Lehigh's defense made the Raiders work for every yard. OTOH, Lehigh's offense was running on high octane. Every pass play seemed to go for 12-20 yards.

I'm sure Holy Cross was watching with rapt attention and Gilmore will try and pull out some tricks. Hopefully we have a dry track in Worcester. The last few trips up there have been soggy.

LU65
October 31st, 2010, 10:46 AM
After watching LU's first drive (8 play / 72 yard td in 3:52min) you say it can't continue. But it did and at the rate of nearly 1.8 pts/minute of offense. By game's end, Lehigh had run only 54 plays in rolling up 474 yards of offense. That's an absurd 8.8 yards/play - a "season best" in the PL. So much for time of possession when you move the ball at such a clip and score, as Lehigh did, everytime you enter the red zone (6 for 6 yesterday). After suffering through so many setbacks to the 'gate, this one was at least fun to watch. The joy is, however, short-lived. Holy Cross will be no picnic.

Bogus Megapardus
October 31st, 2010, 10:49 AM
This whole Lehigh thing has to stop. They're doing it again - making it sound like they're going to win the league; like they're entitled to win the league.

We all know that can't happen. It will not stand. It's time someone steps up and does something about it. I'm cognizant of the Pards' responsibility here, but it's going to have to start with the Crusaders.

Shoulda been or not, it's time for the Purple in Woo to step up big time.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2010, 11:05 AM
This whole Lehigh thing has to stop. They're doing it again - making it sound like they're going to win the league; like they're entitled to win the league.

We all know that can't happen. It will not stand. It's time someone steps up and does something about it. I'm cognizant of the Pards' responsibility here, but it's going to have to start with the Crusaders.

I think you're wishfully thinking that. Everything i've been reading suggests the LU faithful have been extremely grounded after yesterdays win. Sure it was great to see Lehigh play at that level but in the grand scheme of things it means very little. HC is the defending champ and they control their destiny. They're the favorite until someone knocks them off.

ngineer
October 31st, 2010, 11:13 AM
I will say this, however; a lot of people were looking at each other yesterday in the first half to see if we were in a time warp back to "Air Lehigh". As was reported in the paper, Coen said to Cecchini on the headset during the game, "Seems like old times." Lum seems to have reached a new comfort zone with the offense in going through the progressions and finding the open man. OL gets a lot of credit to give him the time to do so.

heath
October 31st, 2010, 01:41 PM
Lehigh 31- HC 17,was at the game saturday and unless HC can get 12 or 13 on the field defensively they don't stop passing game. 3 quality WRs and a 2 headed monster at QB. The only team that can stop Lehigh right now might be themselves. Good Luck.

carney2
October 31st, 2010, 04:09 PM
Attempting to get this thread back on track:

LEHIGH @ HOLY CROSS
Lehigh - Mo seems to be wearing a brown - this week a white - shirt.

LAFAYETTE @ COLGATE
Colgate - If necessary, Eachus could run for 300 against this so-called defense. It won't be necessary. Curse Game No. 4.

FORDHAM @ BUCKNELL
Fordham - Not even thinking of Fordham. I've seen Bucknell.

30-16 (65%)

ngineer
October 31st, 2010, 11:10 PM
And 'on track' are the Engineering Mountain Hawks! Was 3-0 this week to go up to 33-13.

As for next week,

If Lehigh plays anywhere near like we did this past weekend, we should win by at least 2 TD's. That being said, HC will be tough and all ginigered up for this one as the winner will likely win the league. Haven't seen the weather forecast, yet, but assuming a chilly but dry day, I'm picking Lehigh to continue it's "Back to the Future" role/roll by 34-20.

Colgate will be steamed and I can't see a Biddle team losing 3 in a row. Lafayette still has 'life' in the League and has something to prove and Tavani is a motivator to be sure. Still, I cannot see the 'pards going up to Hamilton and stealing this one. Raiders, 31-20.

Bucknell has caused problems for Fordham in the past. The year the Rams went to the NCAA as PL champ, the Bison 'chipped' on their parade with a stunning upset. I don't see that happening this year as the Bison a just "not there yet". Fordham in a tight one, 24-20.

'Gate93
November 1st, 2010, 05:38 AM

Gotta love college football's oldest rivalry!

I think some of you Lehigh fans are laying it on a bit thick. You won the game handily in most facets of the game. But at the risk of sounding like a whiner, try playing without Colvin and Lum and see if you'd get the same result. Rizzo had his first career start and was horrendous for 'Gate. Not playing with Rosnick sealed our fate.

Looking forward to Saturday. Should be a great game in Worcester.

bulldog10jw
November 1st, 2010, 06:33 AM

Most played, not oldest.

jimbo65
November 1st, 2010, 07:20 AM
Hawks soar over Crusaders
Leopards wont claw Raiders
Rams butt Bison
Hoyas continue slide v. Byes

ngineer
November 1st, 2010, 08:09 AM

I think some of you Lehigh fans are laying it on a bit thick. You won the game handily in most facets of the game. But at the risk of sounding like a whiner, try playing without Colvin and Lum and see if you'd get the same result. Rizzo had his first career start and was horrendous for 'Gate. Not playing with Rosnick sealed our fate.

Actually, Colvin is #2 to Lum, so we'd do fine if Lum went down. If both were down, our #3 is a senior who has stuck it out and would probably manage quite well, though not with the same results due to mobility. The test of a team is its depth.

Lehigh74
November 1st, 2010, 10:43 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by "laying it on a bit thick". Everyone at Lehigh has the utmost respect for Colgate' football program. You had beaten us 3 times in a row. Aren't we entitled to win once every 4 years?

There is no question the game would have been closer if Sullivan had played. However, on this day Lehigh wins the game anyway. Colgate's problem was not offense, it was the lack of defense. Lehigh completed 75% of its passes and averaged 8.8 yards per play. That would not have changed with Sullivan playing quarterback.

TheValleyRaider
November 1st, 2010, 07:05 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "laying it on a bit thick". Everyone at Lehigh has the utmost respect for Colgate' football program. You had beaten us 3 times in a row. Aren't we entitled to win once every 4 years?

We'll think about it xreadx ;)

TheValleyRaider
November 1st, 2010, 07:15 PM
Much like Colgate's season, my picking is spiralling the drain, suddenly headed for mediocrity and general forgetfulness. 1-2 last week, a very plain 24-22 for the season

Lehigh at Holy Cross Lehigh Big game in the PL this year, should be interesting, but I'm going with the Hawks this time. Hard not to be overly impressed with Lehigh in the relative comparison from the Hamilton perspective. Perhaps it is a down League, but Lehigh rises back to the top, and perhaps saves Coen's job, maybe even for good

Lafayette at Colgate Colgate While it hardly qualifies as long-term to some of you old-timers, this is my 8th season following the Raiders. In that period, they have never lost 3 in a row. With a mightily struggling Lafayette team headed to Hamilton for Senior Day, I would hope the team is strong enough to rally from their tough loss to the Cross and the embarrassment in Bethlehem. Let's finish on a high note

Fordham at Bucknell Fordham As the season has progressed, the Rams appear to be slowly, but surely, rounding into some kind of form. While it may just be building towards next season (when they count again), it will be interesting to see if they can sustain that momentum (say, unlike 2007-08). Speaking of next season, maybe Year 2 of the Susan regime will go a little better

Bogus Megapardus
November 2nd, 2010, 04:12 PM
Patriot and Ivy lines for this week:

Harvard (-11) vs Columbia

Lehigh (-6.5) at Holy Cross

Dartmouth (-10) at Cornell

Brown (-5) vs Yale

Fordham (-11) at Bucknell

Colgate (-10) vs Lafayette

Penn (-16) at Princeton

Georgetown - Bye

EDIT - the line for Penn - Princeton is now (-17.5)

van
November 2nd, 2010, 07:54 PM
Lehigh at Holy Cross
Holy Cross has been good at home and bad on the road. Lehigh team is really starting to believe in themselves. Should be a great game, going with the momentum, Lehigh by 10.

Lafayette at Colgate
Colgate will be stoked for this one. Although they will miss Sullivan if he is out again, Rizzo actually did a good job vs Lehigh. Pards scrapping, but no match for Eachus. Could get ugly.

Fordham at Bucknell
Will it be Rams or Ewes this week. Fordham has been up and down, but Bucknell has just been down. Fordham wins this one, but not by much.

Franks Tanks
November 2nd, 2010, 09:20 PM
Lehigh at Holy Cross
Holy Cross has been good at home and bad on the road. Lehigh team is really starting to believe in themselves. Should be a great game, going with the momentum, Lehigh by 10.

Lafayette at Colgate
Colgate will be stoked for this one. Although they will miss Sullivan if he is out again, Rizzo actually did a good job vs Lehigh. Pards scrapping, but no match for Eachus. Could get ugly.

Fordham at Bucknell
Will it be Rams or Ewes this week. Fordham has been up and down, but Bucknell has just been down. Fordham wins this one, but not by much.

I don't see any evidence that Colgate-Lafayette will get ugly. Gate is wounded and Lafayette had a bunch of close losses (Harvard was the only blow-out). Lafayette isnt a good team, but I dont think it will be a blowout.

'Gate93
November 2nd, 2010, 10:19 PM

There is no question the game would have been closer if Sullivan had played. However, on this day Lehigh wins the game anyway. Colgate's problem was not offense, it was the lack of defense. Lehigh completed 75% of its passes and averaged 8.8 yards per play. That would not have changed with Sullivan playing quarterback.

Don't mean to sound defensive of our loss - Lehigh pummeled us fair and square. But the posts I've read make little to no mention of the fact that our QB and WR were out, so the perception of a big win kind of skews things unless these facts are known. Yes, our defense was horrible, but the number of incomplete passes, fumbling in the pocket, lack of 3rd & 4th down conversions, interceptions and even the turnover for a TD are less characteristic of Sullivan as QB. We would have controlled our destiny much more with him on the field. Perhaps it would have improved Eachus's performance as well, who knows.

crusader11
November 2nd, 2010, 10:33 PM
Here is an unbiased observer's perspective....

I think if Sullivan and Rosnick are back, Lehigh wins by two scores at most. Hear me out before you go crazy. Colgate does not have a great defense, in fact, I thought when HC played Colgate they were one of the weaker defenses we faced all year. However, Greg Sullivan and Nate Eachus are Colgate's two best defensive players. These two provide the Gate with such a stout running game that they hold onto the ball for nearly 40 minutes a game. Their defense does not have to be that strong when their offense possesses the ball so well. Colgate really struggled to move the ball against Lehigh (kudos to the LU D), but if Colgate is able to extend their drives and hold onto the ball longer, Lehigh's possessions consequently are limited. I don't think Colgate was going to stop the Lehigh offense at all on Saturday, but I am willing to bet Lehigh would not have had as many possessions, and Colgate would have scored a couple more times with Sullivan and Rosnick out there. So, Lehigh still wins, but not by more than a two scores.

Imagine if Lehigh is playing without Lum and Spadola (or one of the other two primary receivers), things certainly become a little dicier.

Either way though, Lehigh was better than whatever team Colgate put out on the field on Saturday. I really expect this Saturday at Fitton to be a war.

'Gate93
November 2nd, 2010, 10:38 PM
Much like Colgate's season, my picking is spiralling the drain, suddenly headed for mediocrity and general forgetfulness. 1-2 last week, a very plain 24-22 for the season

Lehigh at Holy Cross Lehigh Big game in the PL this year, should be interesting, but I'm going with the Hawks this time. Hard not to be overly impressed with Lehigh in the relative comparison from the Hamilton perspective. Perhaps it is a down League, but Lehigh rises back to the top, and perhaps saves Coen's job, maybe even for good

Lafayette at Colgate Colgate While it hardly qualifies as long-term to some of you old-timers, this is my 8th season following the Raiders. In that period, they have never lost 3 in a row. With a mightily struggling Lafayette team headed to Hamilton for Senior Day, I would hope the team is strong enough to rally from their tough loss to the Cross and the embarrassment in Bethlehem. Let's finish on a high note

Fordham at Bucknell Fordham As the season has progressed, the Rams appear to be slowly, but surely, rounding into some kind of form. While it may just be building towards next season (when they count again), it will be interesting to see if they can sustain that momentum (say, unlike 2007-08). Speaking of next season, maybe Year 2 of the Susan regime will go a little better

Well TVR, I guess if you've been following the Raiders for only 8 years, you started the year they really made some magic happen and nearly won it all.

I share the tone of your predictions. Bucknell played spoiler last year to HC going undefeated, I think...would never count a team out for any reason but still think Fordham will win.

Lehigh - would like to see them win the title
'Gate - same sentiments as TVR. I want to go on record that only having FOUR home games in a season absolutely SUCKS.
Fordham - would like to see Bucknell "win one for the gipper" but my head says Rams

'Gate93
November 2nd, 2010, 10:41 PM
Here is an unbiased observer's perspective....

I think if Sullivan and Rosnick are back, Lehigh wins by two scores at most. Hear me out before you go crazy.

On the contrary, I would agree with you. Just stating that there was more to the blowout than things appeared.

TheValleyRaider
November 2nd, 2010, 11:27 PM
Well TVR, I guess if you've been following the Raiders for only 8 years, you started the year they really made some magic happen and nearly won it all.

xnodx

I was probably going to become a decent Colgate football fan anyway, but to start like [I]that/I]? Wow

And, as a member of the band, I got a front-row seat to all the action xthumbsupx

ngineer
November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 AM
Don't mean to sound defensive of our loss - Lehigh pummeled us fair and square. But the posts I've read make little to no mention of the fact that our QB and WR were out, so the perception of a big win kind of skews things unless these facts are known. Yes, our defense was horrible, but the number of incomplete passes, fumbling in the pocket, lack of 3rd & 4th down conversions, interceptions and even the turnover for a TD are less characteristic of Sullivan as QB. We would have controlled our destiny much more with him on the field. Perhaps it would have improved Eachus's performance as well, who knows.

I would agree that with Sullivan in the game, 'gate's offense would likely have been more effective resulting in a more respectable score, and I do think it was mentioned in earlier posts that he and the WR's absence had an effect on the spread as opposed to the outcome. Missing a single WR should not have that much of an impact if you have any decent offense. A good team should have enough receivers to pick up the slack 'cause usually one of them is nursing a leg injury as par for the course. A team is as good as it's weakest link and having depth is one of the main barometers of good teams. Our #2 QB is pretty good for a soph., and at this stage of the season, I'd feel fairly confident with him stepping in if Lum went down, without missing too much of our offense.

Bogus Megapardus
November 3rd, 2010, 07:14 AM
FYI - Coach Tavani has announced that Lafayette will start senior QB Marc Quilling at Colgate. Quilling relieved junior QB Ryan O'Neil in the second quarter at Bucknell.

carney2
November 3rd, 2010, 09:35 AM
FYI - Coach Tavani has announced that Lafayette will start senior QB Marc Quilling at Colgate. Quilling relieved junior QB Ryan O'Neil in the second quarter at Bucknell.

Absent direct news from Hamilton, we are also stuck with Lafayette sources regarding the status of Colgate QB, Greg Sullivan. As of Tuesday's media day at Lafayette when Colgate's Biddle participated by phone, no decision has yet been made. This from the Allentown Morning Call:

Colgate's Biddle rated Sullivan's chances of playing "probably 50-50. The thing you have to decide is, are you better off having him at 80 percent or somebody else at 100 percent. If we threw the ball and did a lot of things like that, I think he could get by; but with what we try to do … but if he does play he's going to have to be 100 percent."

My understanding is that Sullivan has suffered a high ankle sprain, and these reputedly take a long time to heal.

So, if Sullivan doesn't play it's Eachus vs. the Lafayette defense and Quilling vs. the Colgate defense. What's the spread? 10 points?

RichH2
November 3rd, 2010, 11:49 AM
Fitton s/b a treat for those that can go. HC pass D, not great , but better than Gate's I think. LU's pass D has not been very good at all giving up huge chunks all yr. LU red zone in the bend dont break D ,Coach K using vs teams that can pass, must be effective for LU to win. Lehigh in a close battle.

Gate even w/o Sullivan shold beat Pards who can make a game of it if Quilling can throw as well as he did last week.

Rams beat Bison

ngineer
November 3rd, 2010, 01:00 PM
I will be a Fitton. Current forecast is sunny and cold (low 40's). Hopefully, the wind won't be a factor. Could have a wet field from rain forecast for Friday.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2010, 01:21 PM
I will be a Fitton. Current forecast is sunny and cold (low 40's). Hopefully, the wind won't be a factor. Could have a wet field from rain forecast for Friday.

Perfect football weather, should be a great afternoon! Instead of being in Worcester i'll be in lovely, 37 and snow showers, Kent, OH for the Temple-Kent State game. I will be relying heavily on my phones internet to keep me updated on the LU game.

IF Lehigh wins maybe i can convince big poppa to take a roadtrip to DC next week. I went to GTown in 2004 and loved the area. The stadium was a disaster but it's still a fun enviroment.

LU65
November 3rd, 2010, 02:38 PM
Fitton s/b a treat for those that can go. HC pass D, not great , but better than Gate's I think. LU's pass D has not been very good at all giving up huge chunks all yr. LU red zone in the bend dont break D ,Coach K using vs teams that can pass, must be effective for LU to win. Lehigh in a close battle.

Gate even w/o Sullivan shold beat Pards who can make a game of it if Quilling can throw as well as he did last week.

Rams beat Bison

RichH2, I would disagree a bit on the LU pass D. While the season-long stat is not good, i.e., giving up 223.6 yards/game thru the air, the team seems to have jelled nicely in the last three weeks giving up an average of just 129 yards/passing/game and a completion of just 50.6%. I give much of the credit to our 7 senior DBs and LBs who appear - as a unit - to be on the same page and with a mission in mind. It must continue if we hope to shut down Taggart and his fine receiving corp.

See you at Fitton Field.

Ivytalk
November 3rd, 2010, 02:43 PM
Attempting to get this thread back on track:

LEHIGH @ HOLY CROSS
Lehigh - Mo seems to be wearing a brown - this week a white - shirt.

LAFAYETTE @ COLGATE
Colgate - If necessary, Eachus could run for 300 against this so-called defense. It won't be necessary. Curse Game No. 4.

FORDHAM @ BUCKNELL
Fordham - Not even thinking of Fordham. I've seen Bucknell.

30-16 (65%)

I agree with these picks.

LU65
November 3rd, 2010, 04:48 PM
3-0 last week

Fordham 21
Bucknell 13

The Bison had their day on 10/16 winning at G'town. Destined to go 1-10 this year with Eachus in town next week and a trip to Holy Cross to close-out the year. Countdown to Villanova tip-off on the hardwood is underway out in Lewisburg. On the other side of the ball, Fordham (4-5) has played to single-digit wins and losses in each of their last 10 games. Why expect anything different.

Lehigh 35
Holy Cross 24

As tempting as it is to take a Home Team Dog with 7 1/2 points, I can't see the Mountain Hawks senior-laden squad losing its focus or taking their foot of the pedal in this game. With all the talk of Lum and Spodola let's not forget the D which has limited the opponent's third down efficiency to 27% over the past four weeks and Lehigh's league-leading Red Zone Defense, Sack, and Turnover Margin numbers. Still there are worries for the Brown and White. For starters, can we keep the kick-off inbounds? About time we consider the drop-kick. And, how about Gilmore's 4-2 record vs. Lehigh and the fact that the Purple are going for 14 in a row at Fitton. Fox Sports Atlantic has picked a winner to televise.

Colgate 35
Lafayette 17

LC Rushing D #7 @ 179.5 yards/game
CU Rushing O #1 @ 245.6 yards/game

enough said

van
November 3rd, 2010, 04:55 PM
RichH2, I would disagree a bit on the LU pass D. While the season-long stat is not good, i.e., giving up 223.6 yards/game thru the air, the team seems to have jelled nicely in the last three weeks giving up an average of just 129 yards/passing/game and a completion of just 50.6%. I give much of the credit to our 7 senior DBs and LBs who appear - as a unit - to be on the same page and with a mission in mind. It must continue if we hope to shut down Taggart and his fine receiving corp.

See you at Fitton Field.

gotta agree with you on this one 65, corners have learned to cover the deep sideline much better in the past few weeks. Take away those handful of deep sideline completions that would never have been completed early in the season if corners would just look up for the ball, and our pass defense stats would be much better.

ngineer
November 4th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Primary area Lehigh needs to improve upon right now is kicking game. Punter is very good. But PK/KO very erratic. I suspect there has been some extra practice there this week.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 4th, 2010, 03:08 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/11/game-preview-lehigh-at-holy-cross.html

Finally finished my preview. Fitting for such a big game.

I'm looking at intangibles more and more in this game. While Lehigh played great, they've never "been here" before. Holy Cross has, four straight years. I'm hoping that this won't be the big story coming out of this game, but I'm wondering if that experience may, just may, help Holy Cross this weekend.

ngineer
November 4th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Weather forecast has 'improved' to a "high" of 46 and sunny on Saturday. (;-)

ColgateTD
November 5th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Lehigh - despite homefield advantage to 'Cross
Fordham - Bison just can't get it together
Colgate - has a Biddle team ever lost three in a row? Say it ain't so...

26-17 so far

Engineer91
November 5th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Colgate - has a Biddle team ever lost three in a row?

Yes, he lost his first 4 and never looked back. I even checked for season wrap arounds considering the rough going Colgate tends to have that first week. Pretty amazing coming up on 15 years.

Leopard Loyalist
November 5th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Lehigh 28 Holy Cross 24
Colgate 31 Lafayette 17
Fordham 24 Bucknell 21

RichH2
November 5th, 2010, 02:39 PM
While I think a shootout is possible with Cross vs Lehigh, the more I delve into each teams schedule, I would not be surprised if LU runs the ball until Gilmore stops dropping his LBs into their zone. Cross D solid if not spectacular did a geat job vs Gate. 2ndary lacks anyone to cover Spadola, one on one. Both teams have improved over the course of the season, I think LU's upside much higher. Taggert will not have the same time he had to throw as at Gate.

hawkineer
November 5th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Yes, he lost his first 4 and never looked back. I even checked for season wrap arounds considering the rough going Colgate tends to have that first week. Pretty amazing coming up on 15 years.
Very nice avatar!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Colgate 31 Lafayette 21
Fordham 28 Bucknell 14

Lehigh 34 Holy Cross 20 - I believe Lehigh is on a mission to right the wrongs of the last few years. This years sr. class never beat Colgate and they took care of that last week. They've also never beatin Holy Cross. That will change tomorrow.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 6th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Just posted my other PL picks too:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/11/before-purple-week-9-football.html

Came real close to picking Bucknell.

CrusaderBob
November 6th, 2010, 11:11 AM
I'm late. Have to be quick

Colgate
Fordham
Holy Cross

Indians75
November 6th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Colgate 31 Lafayette 21
Fordham 28 Bucknell 14

Lehigh 34 Holy Cross 20 - I believe Lehigh is on a mission to right the wrongs of the last few years. This years sr. class never beat Colgate and they took care of that last week. They've also never beatin Holy Cross. That will change tomorrow.

Very good prediction.......3 pts off on HC, but spot on the LH point total!

hawkineer
November 6th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Very good prediction.......3 pts off on HC, but spot on the LH point total!

How about predicting the spread?:
Picks
LU 34 HC 20 Actual LU 34 HC 17 (-3)
CU 31 LC 21 Actual CU 24 LC 14 (0)
FU 28 BU 14 Actual FU 33 BU 21 (+2)

Looks like handicapping in his future.