PDA

View Full Version : Viator to UL-Lafayette?

DG Cowboy
October 29th, 2010, 04:19 PM
A UL-L supporter who puts his money where his mouth is told me yesterday that Bustle is supposedly out at UL-L (see WKU breaking a 26 game losing streak last Saturday night), and that there is a lot of interest in Matt Viator of McNeese as the next UL-L coach. They already took Tony Robichaux from McNeese in baseball a few years ago. That turned out well for them. They just took Bob Marlin from Sam to coach basketball. The package could be $200+ for whoever they get. Say it ain't so, Matt. The new UL-L President is from Sulphur, which is Coach V's hometown. The 38-17 we laid on them a while back and the never quit way the Pokes played LSU were two of the many pluses.

Now, I am not instigating any rumors. I'm just saying that Bustle looks out and there is some interest in Viator.

jhanel
October 29th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Wow!

txstatebobcat
October 29th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Sounds reasonable, and makes a whole lot of sense for ULL to do this. Do you guys think Viator would go for it though. I'm sure there is a great upgrade in pay, but I'm not sure how much more attractive the ULL job would be than staying at McNeese.

DG Cowboy
October 29th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Matt has strong Cowboy roots. That's our anchor. Hope it is strong enough.

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2010, 06:42 PM
A ULL alum joked with me that they were becoming 'Sam East' and with how well our team was doing this year (this was prior to SFA loss), that they'd take Willie Fritz. It was all in jest, as neither of us think that...

Now Viator has been mentioned a few times for the ULL job. It's a given that Bustle is out. His ultimatum was a bowl game this year and he kept coming close. It's time for that program to go to the next level. It's amazing how ULL has not reached a bowl game yet and someone is going to have to bring that to the forefront, especially now that UNT and the Florida schools have new stadium. It's either put up or shut up, because if UNT hits ah home run with their hire, could be trouble... and if A-State does (if that is an opening), even more so...

McNeese72
October 29th, 2010, 06:54 PM
A UL-L supporter who puts his money where his mouth is told me yesterday that Bustle is supposedly out at UL-L (see WKU breaking a 26 game losing streak last Saturday night), and that there is a lot of interest in Matt Viator of McNeese as the next UL-L coach. They already took Tony Robichaux from McNeese in baseball a few years ago. That turned out well for them. They just took Bob Marlin from Sam to coach basketball. The package could be $200+ for whoever they get. Say it ain't so, Matt. The new UL-L President is from Sulphur, which is Coach V's hometown. The 38-17 we laid on them a while back and the never quit way the Pokes played LSU were two of the many pluses.

Now, I am not instigating any rumors. I'm just saying that Bustle looks out and there is some interest in Viator.

Well, if you read some of the strings on their messageboards, most of their fans don't "think" Matt has a chance and they sure as hell don't want him. They'd have a hissy fit if he was to get hired. Selfishly, I hope they are right because I sure as hell wouldn't want him to leave McNeese.

They think he is doesn't have much of a resume' with just high school and McNeese on it and they say he has surrounded himself by a bunch of high school or home grown McNeese assistant coaches. Of course, their favorite choices are all "pie in sky" type choices which they probably don't have a chance in hell of ever talking into coming to ULL.

doc

McNeese75
October 29th, 2010, 06:58 PM

Why would you even start a thread like this? Sounds like something TT would do xcoffeex

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2010, 06:59 PM
McNeese is a 'JV program' per the radio voice of ULL.

Funny how a FORMER McNeese coach just got a new extension as their baseball coach and been successful. They've looked to the SLC to fix their men's basketball program and can you imagine if they once more did that for football? Would be humorous... guess the JV isn't so bad afterall?

McNeese72
October 29th, 2010, 07:09 PM
McNeese is a 'JV program' per the radio voice of ULL.

Funny how a FORMER McNeese coach just got a new extension as their baseball coach and been successful. They've looked to the SLC to fix their men's basketball program and can you imagine if they once more did that for football? Would be humorous... guess the JV isn't so bad afterall?

If you want to see how these guys (ULL fans) think, read the message string to which the following link takes you:

Timeline for new hire and Who's your candidate? (http://www.raginpagin.com/hotpage/showthread.php3?t=53660)

It's a long string to read, though.

Doc

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Interesting, mention Bethune-Cookman's head coach (a former ULL assistant)...

Terry Bowden is an intriguing prospect for a Div I school, but does he want to return to 'big-time' (or FBS football - since ULL is not exactly 'big time').

What happens on St Charles Ave if Tulane cuts Toledo short? If the teams bombs down the stretch, no way to avoid it...

JohnStOnge
October 29th, 2010, 07:35 PM
I don't think it will happen. ULM hired Bobby Keasler from McNeese and Keasler was, frankly, a lot more successful at McNeese than Viator has been. Not ragging on Viator. It's just the truth. Bobby Keasler got to the national championship game where he lost by 1 point and also was 5-2 in first round playoff games. When the Cowboys did lose in the playoffs they were, with on possible exception one game at Northern Iowa, very competetive. They lost a first round game to the number one seed on the road by 6 in 1991 and lost to the eventual national champion at home by 2 in the first round in 1998. All of coach Viator's teams have not only lost; they've been blown out in the first round. And Keasler did not work out at ULM. I can't see ULL's community having seen what happened with Bobby Keasler going to ULM and taking a shot at the current McNeese head coach.

Don't get me wrong. I am glad McNeese has coach Viator. But that instance in which a school in a situation similar to ULL's hired an even more successful McNeese coach is bound to be noticed by ULL supporters and administrators if talk of hiring coach Viator gets serious.

msusig
October 29th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Interesting, mention Bethune-Cookman's head coach (a former ULL assistant)...

Terry Bowden is an intriguing prospect for a Div I school, but does he want to return to 'big-time' (or FBS football - since ULL is not exactly 'big time').

What happens on St Charles Ave if Tulane cuts Toledo short? If the teams bombs down the stretch, no way to avoid it...

I would be suprised if Viator left right after he gets a new field house.

Franks Tanks
October 29th, 2010, 09:11 PM
ULL sucks. They would be in the bottom half of the SLC this year.

FormerPokeCenter
October 29th, 2010, 10:25 PM
ULL can't afford to buy out Bustle. He gets one more year....

Matt's not stupid. He knows a ULL overhaul would be a top-to-bottom undertaking and I just don't think it's possible to change the culture over there.

Matt's NOT from Sulphur, though both of his parents are. His Momma is a Walker, and her father and uncle were very successful coaches in West Calcasiue Parish: Matt and BS Walker.

Matt grew up in Moss Bluff, where he graduated from Sam Houston High School...but I digress.

Matt grew up like I did, HATING the University of Slow Learners. There's no way, in my humble opinion, that he'd take that job.

I think ULL would be STUPID not to promote from within and give Gerald Broussard a crack at that job. He's ready to be a head coach and he's a former USL player...

If Matt WERE to take the ULL job, you KNOW he'd bring in his McNeese assistants and that just wouldn't go over well at _ajun Field ;)

FormerPokeCenter
October 29th, 2010, 10:26 PM
ULL sucks. They would be in the bottom half of the SLC EVERY year.

There, I fixed it for ya! ;)

FormerPokeCenter
October 29th, 2010, 10:31 PM

Bustle's looked out every year for the last four, but they can't afford to buy out his contract after the Jerry Baldwin debacle that they're still paying for.

That's a coaches graveyard.

I don't think for a second that Matt would take that job. I admit I could be wrong, but Matt's Dad would be mortified if he were alive to see that happen, and his Godfather, former Redskins OC Don Breaux would probably disown him if he took that job.

Matt grew up like I did, HATING not merely disliking USL. It's ingrained. I don't think he'd turn that off to take that job. I think he's got the job he wants, but I think he'd take an OC or a head job at a reputable program. I don't think he'd sully his reputation by taking on the USL makeover.

Why did you even post this?

I tell ya what, tommorrow night, I'm gonna ask him straight up if he's interested. Just for you ;)

Franks Tanks
October 29th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Bustle's looked out every year for the last four, but they can't afford to buy out his contract after the Jerry Baldwin debacle that they're still paying for.

That's a coaches graveyard.

I don't think for a second that Matt would take that job. I admit I could be wrong, but Matt's Dad would be mortified if he were alive to see that happen, and his Godfather, former Redskins OC Don Breaux would probably disown him if he took that job.

Matt grew up like I did, HATING not merely disliking USL. It's ingrained. I don't think he'd turn that off to take that job. I think he's got the job he wants, but I think he'd take an OC or a head job at a reputable program. I don't think he'd sully his reputation by taking on the USL makeover.

Why did you even post this?

I tell ya what, tommorrow night, I'm gonna ask him straight up if he's interested. Just for you ;)

Love the good old fashioned hate between McNeese and USL. It makes it so much better that FCS McNeese has had the better program for the last 25-30 years despite USL's delusions of grandeur.

DG Cowboy
October 30th, 2010, 08:53 AM
I posted because the talk is out there, not because I am emulating TT, although all of us have read enough of his stuff to be arrested for being under the influence. :>)

My bad on his family being from Sulphur, but him graduating from Sam Houston HS. Dang, now I'm starting a connection for him to go to Sam when they move to the WAC. I think I'll just focus on the USMC Silent Drill Team tonight at the game. They make everything copacetic for me.

FormerPokeCenter
October 30th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Love the good old fashioned hate between McNeese and USL. It makes it so much better that FCS McNeese has had the better program for the last 25-30 years despite USL's delusions of grandeur.

McNeese has ALWAYS had the better program! ;)

They beat us like 8 straight years in the 1950's, when we were just starting football. We split with them in the 1960's, and in the 70's and 80's, we owned 'em before the sneaky bastages ended the series after a rare win against a 2-9 McNeese team.

We tried to get them on the schedule again, but they wouldn't have it....Finally, they put us on the scheducle after tremendous pressure from their alumni and we spanked 'em 38-17. I got ticked off at Matt for not scoring again in the closing minutes of the game. We were on their 12-yardline with about a minute and some change, and Matt ran out the clock.

Originally, I was pissed because that's one team that you never, ever, not even in a weak moment whne you're up by 100, take your foot off their throat when you have the opportunity to dig your heel in and twist. If necessary, you rinse and repeat. I HATE giving those walking anal orifices a break. They are, without question, the WORST and most delusional fan base in ALL of college football.

However, seing as how they made us wait 21 years to spank 'em again, I think Matt may have been right to leave it a 21-point game ;)

FormerPokeCenter
October 31st, 2010, 12:02 PM
I posted because the talk is out there, not because I am emulating TT, although all of us have read enough of his stuff to be arrested for being under the influence. :>)

My bad on his family being from Sulphur, but him graduating from Sam Houston HS. Dang, now I'm starting a connection for him to go to Sam when they move to the WAC. I think I'll just focus on the USMC Silent Drill Team tonight at the game. They make everything copacetic for me.

I talked to Matt last night, but I didn't bring up the USL thing. Primarily because earlier in the day, I had a conversation with somebody who HAS had that conversation with him, and...well....in all honesty, I didn't want to risk hearing what he told me coming from Matt himself. Sometimes I like living in denial, ya know? ;)

I had my eyes opened on a number of financial things....I feel a much longer post coming on, but I need to do more digging with regard to specific facts before I make it.

Let's just say - for now - that it's time...no, make that PAST time for the McNeese Athletic Fund to be separate from the general fund. Yesterday I got lots of hearsay examples of relatively large donations that were earmarked for certain athletic projects that didn't get to where the donor wanted them to go. The monies are in the general fund and were used for legitimate McNeese projects, but they didn't get to the specific athletic project they were given to in good faith. That makes it HARD to solicit donations with any sort of consistency. I feel a longer post comming on, but not until I have hard facts to back that up what I was told with specific referennces, amounts, etc. I don't have any reason to question the veracity of my sources, but before I start a rant using specific examples, I want to make sure I have the whole story...

As to USL, they DO have an athletic fund, the RCAF, which mimicks the Tiger Athletic Fund, set up to allow LSU athletics to operate in a financially independent manner. Though the RCAF isn't fully funded, it does exist and under the right circumstances, there are several big money donors who - in true USL wannnabe fashion - would want to hire a "name", so I look for them to hire some "has been" or a "short timer (think Derek Dooley at La. Tech) and that program will continue to languish. I don't think the mindset would alllow them to hire a McNeese product after the last 2.5 decades of telling us that they're better than us...

But I digress...

As you talk to other McNeese fans, try to emphasize the point that the MAF needs to separate from the General Fund. It's crucial to the program from a number of different perspectives for that to happen. We don't need to try to be LSU, we just need to have the mechanism to be somewhat financially independent especially when you look at how much the 3 million dollars in direct institutional support we get fromm the State is in jeopardy in this economy.

We need an Independennt MAF if we're gonna survive as a program, nevermind keeping Viator, et al...

GeauxLions94
October 31st, 2010, 02:22 PM

Maybe they should just move back to the Southland since they're having so much success in the Belt. Viator has the chance to play for the National Championship at McNeese while he has a chance to play in the New Orleans Bowl (quick, who can name, without Googling, the last NOLA Bowl winner?)

If Bustle is bought out, look for Hal Mumme's name to pop up at the University ... Mumme was former head coach at Kentucky, Valdosta State, Southeastern Louisiana, New Mexico State and is currently at D-III McMurray.

Heard a rumor he could also be up for Tulane job if Bob Toledo leaves

McNeese75
October 31st, 2010, 03:48 PM
It is pretty amazing that anyone would want Mumme (even a desperate ULL)

TexasTerror
October 31st, 2010, 05:55 PM
Heard a rumor he could also be up for Tulane job if Bob Toledo leaves

Is Toledo going to walk out on his own accord? Or will Tulane drop the axe on him after progressing absolutely nowhere?

Tulane seems to love losing those 'big games'. Any time they are in a make or break situation, the tower of cards come tumbling down!

DG Cowboy
November 1st, 2010, 08:00 AM
Former Poke Center,

That's some really upsetting news you are bringing about the funding. I am in the MAF and I hate to think my dollars aren't going to athletics where I mean for them to be. Do I need to speak to our new President Williams? Where is the clout for this?

FormerPokeCenter
November 1st, 2010, 11:38 AM
Former Poke Center,

That's some really upsetting news you are bringing about the funding. I am in the MAF and I hate to think my dollars aren't going to athletics where I mean for them to be. Do I need to speak to our new President Williams? Where is the clout for this?

As I understand it, and - obviously this is hearsay - the former administration didn't really give T-Mac any insight into how many dollars were actually in his budget. Basically, if he needed something, he had to go to Dr. Hebert, hat in hand, and beg for it. Dr. Hebert, who - understandably has an entire university to run - would want to nickle and dime Tommy to death, not turning over all of the funds, or trying to get Tommy to get by with less than he needed. Factoring in that T-Mac was a work in progress hire at 26 or 27 years old, I can understand Dr. Hebert's decision to keep him on a short leash. That's not a dig at Tommy, nor at Dr. Hebert...

The new President has been a lot more forthcoming with letting Tommy know how much money has to operate with and the new President wants Athletics to shine, since it reflects directly on the University. Dr. Hebert was at all the games, often sitting in the stands with the regular folk, from what I understand, but with a really young AD, he took a much more day to day role in Athletics than maybe he should have and he took a very financially responsible position on most things, but like you, I think it's bad from a policy standpoint for the Athletic Department to solicit funds for certain projects, have that money go into the general fund, and then have Athletics have to beg borrow and steal to get the funds they solicited for specific projecrts to finish those projects.

I heard a horror story over the weekend where a large donation was made to Baseball, to redo the infield in such a manner as to make the Cowboy Diamond a world class facility. I'm told that the donation was at least half a million dolllars, possibly as high as a million dollars, and that there was one stipulation: the field had to be named after the donor's father, who'd played Major League baseball. This was apparently a deathbed bequeathment. The money was put into the MAF, and SOME improvements got made to the field, but not what the donor envisioned and the field isn't named after him, though there IS a plaque with the honorees name on it at the field. I don't know this to be correct, but I'm told by somebody I consider to be a very reliable source, that the money is in the general fund, but Baseball can't get it's hands on all of it, because the powers that be who control the genreal fund have other pet projects they want to fund.

To me, that sucks. It's going to make it hard for us to have any credibility when it comes to soliciting funds for high visibility projects.

Of course, the exception to that is when a guy like Noland tells the University President that he'll pay for Cowboy Stadium to be turfed, as long as he gets to name it after SID Louis Bonnette. A face to face stipulation like that, from a donor like him carries some weight. The University President can't very well NOT do as he's asked in that situation. But if Baseball or the AD solicits funds, it's easy to see how they might not be able to guarantee that they're used for their solicited purpose.

As a MAF member, you should talk to Dr. Williams about getting the MAF separate from the general fund. There are ways to do that and still maintain institutional control. When the M-Club was reconstituted I called about 200 former players from various sports and asked them to get involved. One of the selling points was that through the MAF, they'd be able to make directed donations to address specific projects and specific needs. I was told that directly from the previous Athletic Director. I liked him well enough and thought he was a very nice and personable man. I don't think he mislead me, I think he was simply repeating what he was told by his superiors. Unfortunately it was wrong.

I'm not a MAF member, so I don't know how accurate all this is. I've been told that several MAF Board Members have become frustrated and have resigned because of these very same issues.

I had a conversation with a State Legislator earlier today over this same issue. He tells me that what may be happening is that in this day and time of budget constraints, that Baseball may get a half-million dollar donation, so the baseball budget may be getting reduced by that half million dollars, instead of letting that donation be "in addition" to what they already have. At that point, he theorized, baseball has their half-million dollars, they just have to find a way to upgrade the fields AND field a team off of what's in their original budget.

He indicates that virtually every single University in Louisiana faces the same issue.

In fact, he says that only TWO colleges in the entire country show an athletic profit. LSU and Nebraska, both of whom have independent Athletic Funds. LSU's TAF actually donates 3 million dollars back to the LSU general fund each year, and operated independently on the rest.

While we're obviously NOT LSU and never will be, I think there's a model there that can be followed, whereby MAF funds are separate from the General Fund and are used in accordance with the donor's wishes, instead of being used to meet the original budget McNeese has for athletics, freeing up additional General Funds for use as the Administration sees fit.

Am I making sense?

Talk to Williams and let him know you favor the MAF being separate from the general fund and tell all your friends to do the same.

As a MAF member, do you get statistical reports of how much money you raise and where it goes?

MSU_77
November 1st, 2010, 12:31 PM
That is quite disturbing to hear that directed donations to the MAF may (I understand this is not confirmed) not be used as the donors intend. If true, and this became known, it would seriously damage MSU's ability to fund its athletic programs. I hope Dr. Williams quickly and publicly addresses this situation.

DG Cowboy
November 1st, 2010, 01:10 PM
I do not get any MAF reports on anything, but then, I am not a really big donor. There is a plaque to Harry Chozen at the baseball field. His son made a donation, and I did not know how much, several years ago.

I will contact President Williams after his Investiture Nov. 14, and express our feelings to him. Quite honestly, I was happy for Dr. Hebert that he was able to retire.

FormerPokeCenter
November 1st, 2010, 01:53 PM
As a MAF member, I think you SHOULD be getting reports on funding and expenditures. Those are public funds and as a MAF member, I think you've got a right to expect some accountability. Not only the MAF, but the folks who control the McNeese General Fund have a fiduciary respsponsibility, in my eyes, to account for the monies they collect....

Like I said, I'm gonna do a lot more digging. If I find out I'm wrong on any of thise, I'll come back and correct it.

But, by all means, I think as a MAF member, you've got a right, if not an actual DUTY to demand accountability of how MAF funds are spent....If funds are solicited in the name of the MAF and they're received, then I think the MAF and the University are honor-bound to put those funds to use as the donor requested. It's one thing if there's not enough money to complete a project, but there should still be some sort of accountability and/or information available about where the Athletic Department stands on finishing projects.

Ill tell you, I've heard that Dr. Williams has already told the Athletic Deparment that he LIKES the fieldhouse, but that he's not going to let them open it until it's finished, furnished and appointed correctly and until it represensts McNeese in a world-class manner. He's apparently told them, according to my source, that they're NOT going to open it in a half-buttocks manner and that it's going to be first class.

That's a far cry from the way Dr. Hebert approached the project, questioning whether or not the Fieldhouse expansion even needed a second floor, and trying to get the project to go forward without it....Now, again, that's hearsay...so if I'm wrong, I'll owe Dr. Hebert, who I think did a great job at the MSU helm, an apology.

DG Cowboy
November 1st, 2010, 02:13 PM
Points well-taken.

msusig
November 1st, 2010, 03:11 PM
Sounds like a type of fraud to me and should be corrected immediately.

FormerPokeCenter
November 1st, 2010, 03:45 PM
Sounds like a type of fraud to me and should be corrected immediately.

Fraud is an awfully strong word. Until the MAF is legally separate, there's no legal way for the monies NOT to go into the General fund. Once there, I don't think there's any easy way to keep them divided according to purpose without having so many accounts for so many projects that it becomes unmanageable.

Like so many things that involve a government entity, it's not so much evil intent as it is working with limited resources, a rigid existing heirarchy structure and a lack of legal mechanisms to do what needs to be done.

I've heard some horror stories about the Field House, too...because it's state property, all plans (including changeorders, etc.) have to come from the Office of Facilities Management. So, if a spec material isn't available, they can't just change it without getting Facilities Management involved and basically starting over. I've heard rumors, and - these are just rumors - that the architect has personally paid for some "comparatively minor" things out of his own pocket to meet certain contractor and subcontractor guidelines, or else the project would have had unreasonable delays going through the normal channels. Thank GOD the architect is a McGrad and has a genuine love for the University and is willing to do things like that to ensure that the process stays on schedule.

Those are things that the MAF could do, if it operated independently, like the Tiger Athletic Fund does....

Again, pretty much everything I've written is hearsay and there's always TWO sides to every story. It may be that there are some deeper budget cuts than we realize and Dr. Hebert, et al, have been doing the best they can.

Still, I think it's blatantly obvious the MAF needs to be divested from the General Fund and operated as an independent entity. There's plenty of good accountable folks who wouldn't mind serving on that board and probably some who'd like to get back on it if the obvious problems with it were corrected.

As a McFan, do what you can to ensure that the MAF is operated independently of the general fund and that MAF funds stay in MAF only accounts....

It's just plain good for business and it'll help ensure the viability of the program...

msusig
November 1st, 2010, 09:12 PM
Fraud is an awfully strong word. Until the MAF is legally separate, there's no legal way for the monies NOT to go into the General fund. Once there, I don't think there's any easy way to keep them divided according to purpose without having so many accounts for so many projects that it becomes unmanageable.

Like so many things that involve a government entity, it's not so much evil intent as it is working with limited resources, a rigid existing heirarchy structure and a lack of legal mechanisms to do what needs to be done.

I've heard some horror stories about the Field House, too...because it's state property, all plans (including changeorders, etc.) have to come from the Office of Facilities Management. So, if a spec material isn't available, they can't just change it without getting Facilities Management involved and basically starting over. I've heard rumors, and - these are just rumors - that the architect has personally paid for some "comparatively minor" things out of his own pocket to meet certain contractor and subcontractor guidelines, or else the project would have had unreasonable delays going through the normal channels. Thank GOD the architect is a McGrad and has a genuine love for the University and is willing to do things like that to ensure that the process stays on schedule.

Those are things that the MAF could do, if it operated independently, like the Tiger Athletic Fund does....

Again, pretty much everything I've written is hearsay and there's always TWO sides to every story. It may be that there are some deeper budget cuts than we realize and Dr. Hebert, et al, have been doing the best they can.

Still, I think it's blatantly obvious the MAF needs to be divested from the General Fund and operated as an independent entity. There's plenty of good accountable folks who wouldn't mind serving on that board and probably some who'd like to get back on it if the obvious problems with it were corrected.

As a McFan, do what you can to ensure that the MAF is operated independently of the general fund and that MAF funds stay in MAF only accounts....

It's just plain good for business and it'll help ensure the viability of the program...

Fraud may be a strong word, but it doesn’t seem ethical for somebody to use donated funds in a way that would go against the donor’s wishes.

Sugarfoot
November 1st, 2010, 10:16 PM
I would be suprised if Viator left right after he gets a new field house.

Perhaps a 300% increase in his base salary would be convincing enough. The next hire for the University would carry a salary of close to $350K without incentives figured into that number. And, they have the money in that community to belly up the bucks they just did not do it for Bustle.

TexasTerror
December 10th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Nope... not Viator.

FINAL ANSWER - Mark Hudspeth according to Joe Schad. ULL beat writer is reporting numerous different sources confirming.

GeauxLions94
December 10th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Nope... not Viator.

FINAL ANSWER - Mark Hudspeth according to Joe Schad. ULL beat writer is reporting numerous different sources confirming.

FootballScoop.com scooping it to ... Viator remains in Cowboyland ...

UL-Lafayette: Sources tell us that Mississippi State wide receivers coach Mark Hudspeth has accepted the head coaching position at Lafayette. We hear that Hudspeth plans to offer positions to Troy offensive coordinator / inside receivers coach Kenny Edenfield and former Mississippi State assistant Reed Stringer.