PDA

View Full Version : TXST, UTSA to WAC Considered "Done Deal"

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2010, 02:56 PM
From the San Marcos Daily Record...

WAC Commissioner Karl Benson has stated he’d like the conference to get back to having at least eight football-playing members and with the immediate addition of Texas State and UTSA, it would bring the WAC to eight. When Montana finally gets around to declaring itself ready, it would bring that total to a favorable nine.

“It’s pretty obvious at this point,” WAC Senior Associate Commissioner Jeff Hurd said. “You know who the football playing schools are and you know who the non-football playing schools are. I don’t know if you can say it’s automatic but if you’re looking at a probability, it’s pretty high.”

Yet according to sources close to the situation — since Montana is in currently in a transition mode — Texas State and UTSA will be invited into the conference for all sports while Denver and Seattle will join for all but football.

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x603540177/College-Athletics-Sources-say-Texas-State-is-headed-to-the-WAC

Related Threads...

TXST - What Happens If? (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?77523-TXST-What-Happens-If)
8 Schools Making Presentation to WAC - TXST, UTSA, Montana in Mix (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?74701-8-Schools-Making-Presentation-to-WAC-TXST-UTSA-Montana-in-Mix/)
Source: UTSA More Attractive than TXST (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?77084-Source-UTSA-More-Attractive-than-TXST)
Benson: WAC Could Begin Evaluating TXST, UTSA (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?70138-Benson-WAC-Could-Begin-Evaluating-TXST-UTSA/)

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Not a surprise by any means... we knew the WAC's first major hurdle was resolving Nevada and Fresno State... of course, it's just a matter of 'when' now...

The question becomes...

1) What is the timeline for TXST, UTSA to leave the league? Namely, is TXST football a league member in 2011?
2) Will the SLC leadership - the reps from the schools - vote to deny TXST and UTSA have privileges (namely league championships, post-season participation) immediately?

txstatebobcat
October 29th, 2010, 03:33 PM
The question becomes...

1) What is the timeline for TXST, UTSA to leave the league? Namely, is TXST football a league member in 2011?

I seriously doubt that TxSt football will be in the WAC next year (2011). We wouldn't count as an FBS school which would create all kinds of problems for current WAC members. With all that said, It wouldn't surprise me if the non-football sports were to join since in all likely hood all bobcat sports would not be eligible for SLC championships once the invitation comes through.

2) Will the SLC leadership - the reps from the schools - vote to deny TXST and UTSA have privieges (namely league championships, post-season participation) immediately? Almost certainly. What I'm curious about is if TxSt and UTSA would be eligible for championships during the spring of 2011.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2010, 03:39 PM
I can't see the SLC denying Texas State or UTSA the ability to become WAC schools. Texas State has made their intentions known for years, while UTSA went straight out and said they will be FBS.

I thought that the SLC instituted some sort of fee/penalty for leaving, however?

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I seriously doubt that TxSt football will be in the WAC next year (2011). We wouldn't count as an FBS school which would create all kinds of problems for current WAC members. With all that said, It wouldn't surprise me if the non-football sports were to join since in all likely hood all bobcat sports would not be eligible for SLC championships once the invitation comes through.

TXST would join the WAC in all sports, a year before they join in football. The thing is, the WAC keeps talking about TXST joining for football in 2012. I just do not see that happening, unless they abort and leave the SLC immediately. I personally see TXST leaving the SLC after 2011-12. Playing all WAC sports in 2012-13 with football joining a year later. Also - does TXST have to add a sport?

I can't see the SLC denying Texas State or UTSA the ability to become WAC schools. Texas State has made their intentions known for years, while UTSA went straight out and said they will be FBS.

I thought that the SLC instituted some sort of fee/penalty for leaving, however?

$250k exit fee. It's pennies really...

The SLC won't deny them, the question is more along the lines of will the SLC deny them the right for postseason participation and league championships... also what's the time frame for departure?

DG Cowboy
October 29th, 2010, 04:03 PM
So now what does Sam, SFA, and Lamar do? Their only two choices for a move would be the WAC or Sun Belt, it seems, and the WAC may be settled for a while. The Sun Belt has USA coming in FB and they generally have a "Holier than thou" attitude toward the SLC.

Cat79
October 29th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Guys,

I do think the WAC will have to add more teams in the future. I have heard that the conference will eventually be at 12 teams.

txstatebobcat
October 29th, 2010, 04:23 PM
TXST would join the WAC in all sports, a year before they join in football. The thing is, the WAC keeps talking about TXST joining for football in 2012. I just do not see that happening, unless they abort and leave the SLC immediately. I personally see TXST leaving the SLC after 2011-12. Playing all WAC sports in 2012-13 with football joining a year later. Also - does TXST have to add a sport?

I have to admit that I'm not 100% sure as to when bobcat football can begin its transition. The rules say a school has to announce its intentions one year prior before beginning the FCS-to-FBS transition which would mean that TxSt football stuck as an FCS independent until 2013. Is this the reason as to why you think bobcat football joining in 2013? Maybe a waiver can be acquired either by the WAC or TxSt to expedite the process.

As far as adding a sport, that again is another good question. My answer to that at this time would be no, and I base this on TxSt's first attempt to move up back in the late 90's and early 2000's. The administration back then stated that, then SWT, was fully qualified with sixteen sports and two hundred scholarships given out. With that said, I think its a question of how well funded the women's sports are or rather if all the women's sports receive their full allotment of scholarships.

centexguy
October 29th, 2010, 04:59 PM
So now what does Sam, SFA, and Lamar do? Their only two choices for a move would be the WAC or Sun Belt, it seems, and the WAC may be settled for a while. The Sun Belt has USA coming in FB and they generally have a "Holier than thou" attitude toward the SLC.

They sit back and wait to see what happens. I think over the next 4 to 5 years we'll see the Mountain West lose teams and grab more of the western WAC teams. The WAC will respond by grabbing some Sun Belt and/or SLC teams like Lamar and SHSU. Then the WAC will change it's name to the SWC and the Mountain West will change it's name back to the WAC. xrotatehx

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2010, 06:47 PM

SHSU, SFA and Lamar need to move on together. End of story. I'm not sure if any of the three schools are ready, but they need to get their act together sooner than later.

The Louisiana schools are having realistic issues. I'm the biggest proponent of FCS, but when I see what the Louisiana schools are doing from a scheduling-standpoint, it sure is going to make it difficult for this league to get multiple teams into the playoffs. Nicholls played three money games this year and it will not surprise me to see each SLC entry from Louisiana playing two games against FBS foes annually. If we see this in both 2011 and see 2012 developing the same way, plus if the financial situation carries over to basketball and the La. schools start to play SWAC-like slates, then we'll definitely know it's time to go.

They sit back and wait to see what happens. I think over the next 4 to 5 years we'll see the Mountain West lose teams and grab more of the western WAC teams. The WAC will respond by grabbing some Sun Belt and/or SLC teams like Lamar and SHSU. Then the WAC will change it's name to the SWC and the Mountain West will change it's name back to the WAC. xrotatehx

Yep, we'll sit back - but I think that the Texas schools will also be getting their houses fixed up. There's more shake-ups to come and if the WAC continues to build up an 'eastern bloc' while getting turned down from the Sun Belt, they'll look to FCS again. The Sun Belt is striving not to be the stepping stone for FCS programs. The WAC has become that - much to their chagrin, but no other option.

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2010, 06:50 PM
I have to admit that I'm not 100% sure as to when bobcat football can begin its transition. The rules say a school has to announce its intentions one year prior before beginning the FCS-to-FBS transition which would mean that TxSt football stuck as an FCS independent until 2013. Is this the reason as to why you think bobcat football joining in 2013? Maybe a waiver can be acquired either by the WAC or TxSt to expedite the process.

With the moratorium situation, it would make it difficult for TXST football. I am not sure if the moratorium would allow TXST to move up as rapidly as the WAC would like, but then again - the WAC had had those conversations.

As far as adding a sport, that again is another good question. My answer to that at this time would be no, and I base this on TxSt's first attempt to move up back in the late 90's and early 2000's. The administration back then stated that, then SWT, was fully qualified with sixteen sports and two hundred scholarships given out. With that said, I think its a question of how well funded the women's sports are or rather if all the women's sports receive their full allotment of scholarships.

If you do add a women's sport, please add bowling! SHSU, SFA, Ark State, La Tech and Tulane (next year) have teams. We can add you guys and have a conference championship. Guessing six teams would do that and an affiliate league. Perhaps if TXST added, UTSA or Lamar would too? Hey Lamar - bowling is cheaper than softball!

Cat79
October 29th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Yep, we'll sit back - but I think that the Texas schools will also be getting their houses fixed up. There's more shake-ups to come and if the WAC continues to build up an 'eastern bloc' while getting turned down from the Sun Belt, they'll look to FCS again. The Sun Belt is striving not to be the stepping stone for FCS programs. The WAC has become that - much to their chagrin, but no other option.[/QUOTE]

TT,

That is a load of crap and you know it. The Sunbelt has been adding internal FCS teams like Western Kentucky and South Alabama. What level was FIU and FAU? Answer -FCS teams. What was Troy? FCS. The Sunbelt members have no room to talk about the WAC for taking FCS teams. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NoCoDanny
October 30th, 2010, 12:41 AM
This isn't that complicated people, UTSA and SWT in 2012 and Montana it talking big but doesn't have the onions to make the move so they won't be there but they will talk big like they should.

Book it.

TexasTerror
October 30th, 2010, 08:30 AM
That is a load of crap and you know it. The Sunbelt has been adding internal FCS teams like Western Kentucky and South Alabama. What level was FIU and FAU? Answer -FCS teams. What was Troy? FCS. The Sunbelt members have no room to talk about the WAC for taking FCS teams. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not a load of crap. The Sun Belt has come out and said they do not want to be a stepping stone by adding outside FCS teams. The FIU, FAU and Troy were part of the start-up of the Sun Belt when the league was still in its infancy. Let's remember the league is 10 years old for football. WKU and USA may be coming from FCS or from up-start, but both schools are already members of the league. It's a much different situation.

The WAC is doing what the Sun Belt has not done in five years - adding FCS programs that have no ties to the league. The WAC had no other option since the only people more desperate for TXST to go FBS than the school itself was the WAC. The Sun Belt moving forward does not want to be in a position where they have to add FCS schools with no relations to the league.

This isn't that complicated people, UTSA and SWT in 2012 and Montana it talking big but doesn't have the onions to make the move so they won't be there but they will talk big like they should.

If UTSA and 'SWT' (as you put it) are playing WAC schedules in 2012, does that mean that TXST is playing its final year in the SLC this year? Also if this is true, wouldn't both teams count as FCS opponents in '12 still? Figure UTSA at the very least would. Maybe partial WAC schedules in '12 before playing full slates in '13?

DG Cowboy
October 30th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Been wrong before, but I honestlythink some folks will have their bubbles burst when they get all dressed up for the big dance and no one comes by and picks them up.

TexasTerror
October 30th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Been wrong before, but I honestlythink some folks will have their bubbles burst when they get all dressed up for the big dance and no one comes by and picks them up.

Are you insinuating that one of TXST and UTSA, if not both - won't be taken to the Homecoming dance? They may be the ugliest girls in the room, but as have been noted before (especially with the Cal schools not ready and Montana most likely not), that they are the only girls available.

TexasTerror
October 30th, 2010, 08:50 AM
The latest from the San Antonio blog (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/utsa/2010/10/no-invitations-yet.html)...

Just spoke to UTSA athletic director Lynn Hickey, as well as my trusty Well-Placed WAC Source, who both said the Western has not extended any official invitations as of yet, around 9 p.m. Friday. So it appears that reports of a definitive "done deal" might be just a tad premature.

But only just. With the exception of a few minor blips on Texas State's behalf -- such as WPWS's infamous "not as confident" comment from last week -- it's been pretty clear where this thing is heading since Hickey and Bobcats AD Larry Teis met with WAC officials last month in Dallas, just by simple deductive reasoning.

And a decision on Seattle Joining the WAC Coming Soon (http://www.examiner.com/seattle-redhawks-in-seattle/decision-on-su-joining-wac-coming-soon)

DG Cowboy
October 30th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Are you insinuating that one of TXST and UTSA, if not both - won't be taken to the Homecoming dance? They may be the ugliest girls in the room, but as have been noted before (especially with the Cal schools not ready and Montana most likely not), that they are the only girls available.

No, I'm just feeling that the next wave of Sam, SFA, and Lamar may not all make it, even though I wish all of them the best in going for it.

TexasTerror
October 30th, 2010, 09:03 AM
No, I'm just feeling that the next wave of Sam, SFA, and Lamar may not all make it, even though I wish all of them the best in going for it.

SHSU, SFA and Lamar are not attempting anything at this point...

All three schools have plenty to get "in order" as far as their houses are concerned, before it is a viable option for either. If something drastic happens with the Southland schools, more specifically the La. schools or issues with expansions that do not sit well, it may force their hand to make an effort. For the time being, there's no real reason to discuss...

Cat79
October 30th, 2010, 10:06 PM
It's not a load of crap. The Sun Belt has come out and said they do not want to be a stepping stone by adding outside FCS teams. The FIU, FAU and Troy were part of the start-up of the Sun Belt when the league was still in its infancy. Let's remember the league is 10 years old for football. WKU and USA may be coming from FCS or from up-start, but both schools are already members of the league. It's a much different situation. No it is not. They are both FCS teams.

The WAC is doing what the Sun Belt has not done in five years - adding FCS programs that have no ties to the league. The WAC had no other option since the only people more desperate for TXST to go FBS than the school itself was the WAC. The Sun Belt moving forward does not want to be in a position where they have to add FCS schools with no relations to the league.

You jealous bafoon, if you can't see that the Sunbelt is adding FCS teams you had better change your glasses.

If UTSA and 'SWT' (as you put it) are playing WAC schedules in 2012, does that mean that TXST is playing its final year in the SLC this year? Also if this is true, wouldn't both teams count as FCS opponents in '12 still? Figure UTSA at the very least would. Maybe partial WAC schedules in '12 before playing full slates in '13?

Texas State is out of the SLC after 2011 period if not sooner.

TexasTerror
October 30th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Texas State is out of the SLC after 2011 period if not sooner.

After 2011 football season? Or after 2010-11 athletic calendar?

Until someone spells out to me the who, what, when, where and why - especially as it relates to the timeframe and NCAA moratorium - I'm not sure what to make of all of this! Sounds like the WAC is going to try to get NCAA waivers completed though to move UTSA, TXST along... just not sure they'll budge, even if the schools meet all the rules that will be set in place after the moratorium is lifted.

Cat79
October 30th, 2010, 10:43 PM
After 2011 football season? Or after 2010-11 athletic calendar?

Until someone spells out to me the who, what, when, where and why - especially as it relates to the timeframe and NCAA moratorium - I'm not sure what to make of all of this! Sounds like the WAC is going to try to get NCAA waivers completed though to move UTSA, TXST along... just not sure they'll budge, even if the schools meet all the rules that will be set in place after the moratorium is lifted.

The NCAA will have to grant the waivers. You had better contact Texas A & M Commerce soon.

TexasTerror
October 31st, 2010, 08:10 AM
The NCAA will have to grant the waivers. You had better contact Texas A & M Commerce soon.

Why will they have to grant the waivers? The NCAA is pretty steadfast in their rules, even though it is true - they have waivers for waivers.

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Another article...

Open season continues in conference realignment, and an expected move by the Western Athletic Conference will have a major impact on Louisiana schools that currently hold membership in three different leagues – in both the FBS and FCS.

The San Marcos Record reported this week that four schools – Texas State, Texas-San Antonio, Denver and Seattle – will receive invitations to join the WAC within the month. The paper termed the move “a done deal.”

The WAC currently has nine members, but loses Boise State next summer and Fresno State and Nevada in just over 18 months. That leaves the WAC with six – Louisiana Tech, along with Hawai’I, Idaho, New Mexico State, San Jose State and Utah State – starting with the 2012 football season.

http://www.neworleans.com/sports/sports-blogs/dan-mcdonald/530031-louisiana-college-sports-notebook-wac-y-times-for-southland.html

Closes with this...

But the addition of two former I-AA schools and a first-time football-playing school, and the overall lack of athletic success by the Texas entities, certainly doesn’t improve the WAC in its marquee sports, and can only increase Tech’s desire to find another home for its athletic programs in the future.

TexasTerror
November 9th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Honolulu Star-Advertiser reports (http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/106982238.html) an announcement could come Thursday...

Southland Commissioner Thomas Burnett said, "We expect an announcement soon" and said he is in contact with WAC commissioner Karl Benson.

Benson has said he expects expansion to be announced "by December 1st."

The addition of the two Texas schools would give the WAC eight members following the departure of Boise State (June 30, 2011), Fresno State and Nevada.

TexasTerror
November 10th, 2010, 07:37 AM
UTSA schedules event for Thursday PM...

UTSA has tentatively scheduled an on-campus function for late Thursday afternoon, possibly for the purpose of publicly announcing an invitation to join the Western Athletic Conference, multiple sources told the Express-News on Tuesday.

WAC commissioner Karl Benson declined comment, saying only that the process of adding new members is “unfolding.”

UTSA athletic director Lynn Hickey, who is in New Orleans on business, did not respond to an interview request.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/college/UTSA/Sources_WAC_move_near_for_UTSA_107013098.html

TexasTerror
November 10th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Thursday per Andy Katz...

Denver University, Texas-San Antonio and Texas State will join the WAC in 2012-13 to offset the departures of Boise State, Fresno State and Nevada to the Mountain West, multiple sources told ESPN.com.

UTSA, which still needs official approval from the board of regents, and Texas State will join in all sports. Denver will join for all sports except for football, since the Pioneers don't play at the FBS level.

The WAC will have eight football members, nine for men's and women's basketball. The WAC would have had six members in 2012-13 if nothing had been done with Hawaii, Louisiana Tech, Idaho, New Mexico State, Utah State and San Jose State.

An announcement is expected from the WAC on Thursday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5789078

TexasTerror
November 10th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Have we figured out if TXST and UTSA are doing their events together?

Seems counter-productive to have two different events? Both schools are in the same media market for all intensive purposes and could both get equal exposure if done together with both San Antonio and Austin (plus San Marcos) media in the house...

glsjunior
November 10th, 2010, 05:51 PM
The WAC is about to get wacker. I know Texas has a lot of athletes, but I don't know how they are going to support the amount of Division 1 programs they have. Isn't it around 20? UTSA and TXST will never be able to get recruits on a consistent basis. They should have stayed FCS.

superman7515
November 10th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Orlando Sentinel Report: Three Teams To Join WAC (http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college/2010/11/report-three-teams-to-join-wac.html)

dirty bird
November 10th, 2010, 07:29 PM
I know Texas has a lot of athletes, but I don't know how they are going to support the amount of Division 1 programs they have. UTSA will never be able to get recruits on a consistent basis. They should have stayed FCS.

Texas also has alot of people.
San Antonio (pop. 2.1 million) has a metro area without a division 1 or pro football team. UTSA is an ideal position to not compete with any teams in the immediate area. Although, many people are longhorn or Dallas Cowboy fans, since both teams suck this year, no one is sporting their gear this year. I remember in the 1990s everyone in the city had Wrecking Crew stickers on their cars or Aggie athletic gear. The city has no one local to root for, so they stick with the current winner. If TCU keeps it up, I would be willing to bet t shirt fan would reincarnate to horned frog alumnus practically overnight. If UTSA can raise it's profile with games downtown, against known teams, they have a chance at succeeding in the market.

As for recruiting, UTSA just started last year so they don't have a history of recruitment. I guess your comment was directed at TX St. Either way Texas produces and exports lots of good D1 recruits; and SA (south Texas) gets under recruited. If anything UTSA can counter your argument and go to the WAC (even though we will be FCS for one year-assuming we are invited and start 2012), and recruit even BETTER players. We have lots of 2 &3 star recruits as it stands. Also, staying FCS would have probably garnered less interest from the common SA resident/business donor. In that regard, I'm not sure staying in the FCS would be good in the long run.

TexasTerror
November 10th, 2010, 07:30 PM
The WAC is about to get wacker. I know Texas has a lot of athletes, but I don't know how they are going to support the amount of Division 1 programs they have. Isn't it around 20? UTSA and TXST will never be able to get recruits on a consistent basis. They should have stayed FCS.

TXST is going to need to hit a home run if Brad Wright leaves the program... coaches make a world of difference. Larry Coker has some clout and name notoriety. UTSA is also putting together an OOC schedule that TXST will have to 'match' - let's face it, guys want to face the best competition there is...

Texas is recruited hard by EVERYONE. The Bobcats being FBS and playing all throughout the 'west' will expand their recruiting horizons. We'll see what happens - but the WAC is a very considerably weak league and I figure the TXST folks won't appreciate it if in year 3-5 of the move up, that they are not competitive.

glsjunior
November 10th, 2010, 07:57 PM
TXST is going to need to hit a home run if Brad Wright leaves the program... coaches make a world of difference. Larry Coker has some clout and name notoriety. UTSA is also putting together an OOC schedule that TXST will have to 'match' - let's face it, guys want to face the best competition there is...

Texas is recruited hard by EVERYONE. The Bobcats being FBS and playing all throughout the 'west' will expand their recruiting horizons. We'll see what happens - but the WAC is a very considerably weak league and I figure the TXST folks won't appreciate it if in year 3-5 of the move up, that they are not competitive.

I mean they will have to compete with Big 12, Big Ten, SEC and Pac 10 in addition to the other Texas schools. I'm sure they can snag some 2 and 3 stars but they would have almost no shot at picking up Texas 4 and 5 stars. They will have to become JUCO U in order to field consistent teams, and I think that Kansas State has cornered the market on that.

NoCoDanny
November 10th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Who is this "Denver University" ESPN is mentioning?

msusig
November 10th, 2010, 08:52 PM

They are joining the WAC b/c of basketball. They don't have football so it doesn't really matter.

msusig
November 10th, 2010, 09:25 PM
UTSA will end up being like other big city universities (Houston, SMU, Tulane, Memphis, etc.). They aren't very good and will rarely have one or two break out seasons. They are largely picked up by conferences so the popular universities can beat up on them and let their fans living near or in the city come see them. Texas State might end up being more successful than UTSA because of a larger enrollment, but will have a harder time scheduling big name schools unless they start winning early. In the end, the WAC and MWC conferences will probably have to merge to survive and some schools will leave or be forced out into the Sun Belt, CUSA, and Big East.

bkrownd
November 10th, 2010, 09:43 PM

I think they're in the NHL conference

Dane96
November 10th, 2010, 10:08 PM

Are ya kiddin?

McNeese75
November 10th, 2010, 10:21 PM
UTSA will end up being like other big city universities (Houston, SMU, Tulane, Memphis, etc.). They aren't very good and will rarely have one or two break out seasons. They are largely picked up by conferences so the popular universities can beat up on them and let their fans living near or in the city come see them. Texas State might end up being more successful than UTSA because of a larger enrollment, but will have a harder time scheduling big name schools unless they start winning early. In the end, the WAC and MWC conferences will probably have to merge to survive and some schools will leave or be forced out into the Sun Belt, CUSA, and Big East.

There is not much difference between the enrollments of TxSt and UTSA (maybe a couple thousand)

dirty bird
November 10th, 2010, 11:29 PM
UTSA will end up being like other big city universities (Houston, SMU, Tulane, Memphis, etc.).
Meh... Speculation.
SMU is on the rise, Houston was good till their QB got hurt, lots of schools rise at one point or another (i.e. Baylor)

Texas State might end up being more successful than UTSA because of a larger enrollment.

Damn funny supporting fact. xlolx
Both schools are over 30,000 in enrollment, right in there with Texas Tech and other name schools.

darussian12
November 11th, 2010, 12:53 AM
I mean they will have to compete with Big 12, Big Ten, SEC and Pac 10 in addition to the other Texas schools. I'm sure they can snag some 2 and 3 stars but they would have almost no shot at picking up Texas 4 and 5 stars. They will have to become JUCO U in order to field consistent teams, and I think that Kansas State has cornered the market on that.

every single one of those conf you mentioned are nowhere in the vicinity of conf the WAC was or even now is....the dumb or naive or just plain haters are going to measure up tx tstate or even the roadrunners against the top conf...sure we might beat the baylor or vandy or UK once in a while first few years..the delusional think we will compete with even the top half of your mentioned conf jackass

TexasTerror
November 11th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Sent to TXST alums and friends....

Dear Friends,

Texas State University invites you to take part in a major announcement concerning athletics today (November 11) at 3:45 p.m. in Strahan Coliseum. If you are unable to make it to Strahan Coliseum you can watch the announcement live. We want you to join us to hear about what’s next for the Bobcats!

Sincerely,
Denise Trauth
President

Texas State University-San Marcos
Department of Athletics
601 University Drive
San Marcos, Texas 78666

A member of The Texas State University System

edit: Here is the link to watch the announcement live for those who are not in the SM area.

http://www.txstatebobcats.com/showcase/#liveevents