PDA

View Full Version : Is Russ Huesman disliked by other coaches??

chattownmocs
October 28th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Chattanooga seems very underrated at 23 in the coaches poll. I thought it was a joke when they were 64th to start the season as well.

SpeedkingATL
October 28th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Chattanooga seems very underrated at 23 in the coaches poll. I thought it was a joke when they were 64th to start the season as well.

It will take a couple of years of winning for UTC to be given proper respect after the last few years of losing. Even the coaches vote a lot based on reputation and past accomplishments. I still wonder how many coaches actually vote and how many pass it off to the sports information office. In both cases they probably know their conferences but little about the rest of FCS other than the "name brand" teams; that's is simply where their focus is.

mcveyrl
October 28th, 2010, 12:53 PM
I don't know if this is a reflection on him or not, but I know JMU has offered his son a scholarship...

Mountaineer
October 28th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Relax man.

Nooga has pretty much sucked butt for going on 20 years now - something like a 79-144 overall record. One playoff appearance. Ever. xbangx

Let the H man continue the program building and we'll see where things stand. When you've earned it you'll know it. xthumbsupx

boonedocks
October 28th, 2010, 12:56 PM
I think he's kind of a douche, so maybe other coaches do too?

Mr. C
October 28th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Huesman is very well respected by other coaches I have talked to. I don't know if the other SoCon coaches would invite him over to their house, but he is respected as a coach, for sure.

chattownmocs
October 28th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Relax man.

Nooga has pretty much sucked butt for going on 20 years now - something like a 79-144 overall record. One playoff appearance. Ever. xbangx

Let the H man continue the program building and we'll see where things stand. When you've earned it you'll know it. xthumbsupx

I think this years team has already earned a much higher ranking at this point. It shouldnt be based on last year or the last 20 years.

chattownmocs
October 28th, 2010, 01:03 PM
I don't know if this is a reflection on him or not, but I know JMU has offered his son a scholarship...

He committed to Chattanooga over the weekend.

Mountaineer
October 28th, 2010, 01:11 PM
I think this years team has already earned a much higher ranking at this point.

Polls don't matter. Take care of business on the field and the opportunity to prove you belong will happen in the playoffs. xnodx

ASUMountaineer
October 28th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Polls don't matter. Take care of business on the field and the opportunity to prove you belong will happen in the playoffs. xnodx

Hence why there's no BS in the CS.

Saint3333
October 28th, 2010, 01:46 PM

The coaches poll is the worst. They aren't current and has the most "prior year bias" of all the polls IMO. Word is Huesman isn't a fan of ASU (even before this season), not sure why.

I think he's the best X and O coach in the conference.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 28th, 2010, 02:13 PM
IIRC Wofford had a hard time getting support in the polls until the 2003 run.

chattownmocs
October 28th, 2010, 02:43 PM
I think its lame that a coach or a media member or even a regular person on this site would vote on anything other than what has transpired. Chattanooga has a resume that deserves better than a 23rd ranking. Im not sure whether a ranking would get into the mind of a committee member or not.

chattanoogamocs
October 28th, 2010, 02:44 PM
I think some of the ASU fans don't like him because they get so bent out of shape when someone calls the school app-a-lay-shun and/or Appy. Of course, the guy is from O-high-yo, so a lot of things he says down here sound weird. :)

Of course, I think some of the ASU fans might get a tad hyper-sensitive to some things that other people might think are a little silly.

I will now prepare for the on-rush of ASU fans I made mad by making this statement :)

chattownmocs
October 28th, 2010, 02:46 PM
I think they feel a little threatened. They arent used to seeing Their team get dominated like chattanooga did for 3 plus quarters. Of course its a 4 qtr game and chattanooga wilted in the 4th but i think it put a little fear in them for the future.

chattanoogamocs
October 28th, 2010, 02:47 PM
I think its lame that a coach or a media member or even a regular person on this site would vote on anything other than what has transpired. Chattanooga has a resume that deserves better than a 23rd ranking. Im not sure whether a ranking would get into the mind of a committee member or not.

The people on here have voted the Mocs 12th in the AGS Poll...AGS has by far and away given the Mocs the most love. I think most coaches and media types pay very little attention and tend to just typically put the same teams in every year (unless they are having a really bad year)...so it takes a while for people to notice an upstart team.

Mocs are 12th in the GPI, that's all that really matters.

boonedocks
October 28th, 2010, 03:13 PM
I think they feel a little threatened. They arent used to seeing Their team get dominated like chattanooga did for 3 plus quarters. Of course its a 4 qtr game and chattanooga wilted in the 4th but i think it put a little fear in them for the future.

Mocs have definitely improved, and I think Huesman is a good coach. However, ASU doesn't fear anybody. To be the best you have to beat the best. Good to see the Mocs playing better. Definitely a tough team.

Blueandwhitefightfight
October 28th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Do the coaches actually vote? I was under the impression that it was the S.I.D.'s that actually do the voting on behalf of said coaches.

SideLine Shooter
October 28th, 2010, 03:22 PM

I really think someone has a big chip on their shoulder, or they are trying to set a new record for posts for new members first day on the board. xlolxxnodxxlolxxnodxxlolxxviolinxxwhistlexxhurrayx xtwocentsx

chattanoogamocs
October 28th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Do the coaches actually vote? I was under the impression that it was the S.I.D.'s that actually do the voting on behalf of said coaches.

You are correct...most are "farmed out" to an assistant, GA or SID. Which further goes to show why it is the least viable of the polls (because no one really takes it seriously)

And honestly (and I am sure this goes for most fans), I don't want to see my coach wasting his time filling out a poll on Sunday or Monday...I want he watching film, or the like! :)

SpeedkingATL
October 28th, 2010, 03:43 PM

Play well enough and maybe the Mocs will get another shot at the Apps in Frisco. I think it would be funny as hell if UTC and ASU played for the NC in Frisco the first year after it left Chatty. How many fans would THAT game have brought to Kidd Brewer West aka Finley Stadium.

OL FU
October 28th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Huesman is very well respected by other coaches I have talked to. I don't know if the other SoCon coaches would invite him over to their house, but he is respected as a coach, for sure.

I'd invite him over and feed him the same thing wonderful diet the English fed Napoleon on St Helenaxnodxxrotatehx:D

Horseshoe App
October 28th, 2010, 04:23 PM
That is so funny. I can tell the wine and cheese crowd is at its finest. Comparisons like this go over the heads of us poor public school educated football fans. You are wise oh mighty OL FU:)
I'd invite him over and feed him the same thing wonderful diet the English fed Napoleon on St Helenaxnodxxrotatehx:D

Reign of Terrier
October 28th, 2010, 04:59 PM

honestly, the only coach I don't think is respected as much as the rest is a Mr. Bobby Lamb :p

MorgantonAPPAlum
October 28th, 2010, 09:35 PM
I'd invite him over and feed him the same thing wonderful diet the English fed Napoleon on St Helena

While I get the reference, I prefer to believe that it was just plain old English cooking (not poison) that did in L'Emporeur.

What is it they say-in heaven the cooks are French, the engineers are German and the police are British; whereas in hell the engineers are French, the police are German and the cooks are English.

Maybe we should adapt that to say that in SOCON heaven the head coach is Jerry Moore while in SOCON hell it is Bobby Lamb.:D

Tribe4SF
October 29th, 2010, 04:54 AM
Russ is a great guy, and one helluva coach. Down to earth...funny...used to be an ok softball player too. We still miss him in Williamsburg.

OL FU
October 29th, 2010, 05:30 AM
honestly, the only coach I don't think is respected as much as the rest is a Mr. Bobby Lamb :p

You promised to quit pissing on my shoes.

OL FU
October 29th, 2010, 05:31 AM
I am glad everyone got the joke. No problem with the coach. He has done a hell of a job.

Cocky
October 29th, 2010, 07:12 AM
At rate he is going, they will be hating him soon if not already.

elon77
October 29th, 2010, 07:48 AM
That is so funny. I can tell the wine and cheese crowd is at its finest. Comparisons like this go over the heads of us poor public school educated football fans. You are wise oh mighty OL FU:)

Don't boost his ego too much, I'm not sure his grammer is correct, or maybe that is correct for South Carolina. Good history tidbit though.xwhistlex

OL FU
October 29th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Don't boost his ego too much, I'm not sure his grammer is correct, or maybe that is correct for South Carolina. Good history tidbit though.xwhistlex

Oh hell. you need to post on the uffpxlolx My brain reconstructs sentences faster than my fingers can adapt to the keyboard. xnonox

Cocky
October 29th, 2010, 09:07 AM
I love bad grammer. It makes me feel at ease with myself.

OL FU
October 29th, 2010, 10:00 AM
I love bad grammer. It makes me feel at ease with myself.

Grammar is appropriate for the appropriate occasion. Message boards are excluded.

chattanoogamocs
October 29th, 2010, 12:06 PM
I am glad everyone got the joke. No problem with the coach. He has done a hell of a job.

That is really weird...after this conversation today it is odd that I would open a copy of National Geogrpahic last night and one of the articles was on Poison...with a special insert article on Napoleon (which debated whether he had been poisoned or not)

elon77
October 29th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Grammar is appropriate for the appropriate occasion. Message boards are excluded.

Maybe brains too! Sometime they seem to be excluded too. Not in this conversation, but at times.