PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-30

JALMOND
October 28th, 2010, 12:20 PM
The day before Halloween and strange things are in the mix. Actually strange things have already happened in the Big Sky so far this year. Currently I'm at 38-6 for the year, but this week will be the toughest week so far. Five games total involving Big Sky members with only Northern Colorado playing out of conference. The last couple weeks I've been missing one game, I'm hoping for perfection this time around.

EWU @ PSU---This matchup is being played in the fourth city in the last four years (Cheney 2007, Portland 2008, Seattle 2009, Hillsboro 2010). Both teams feature the run with the Eagles led by their big back, Jones, and the Vikings with their big pistol running attack. Maybe a good thing as the rain is supposed to come down for most of the game Saturday. The Vikings got some good practice last week as they played in the rain at Weber State and amassed over 600 total offensive yards. The Eagles put away one upstart in Sacramento State, can they keep their good season going against another spoiler?...EWU 25, PSU 23.

UM @ WSU---The Grizzlies are much of an oddity this year, continuing their winning in the conference much to the chagrin of the rest of the members, yet not winning "comfortably enough", much to the chagrin of their fans. The Wildcats have been stumbling along, winning when they should and losing when they should too. Strange as it may seem, this late in the season and the Wildcats can still determine who wins the conference, with games on the docket against the Grizzlies, Bobcats and Jacks. First the Grizzlies, but not quite...UM 28, WSU 24.

MSU @ ISU---Have the mighty fallen? Just a few weeks ago, it looked like the Bobcats had supplanted their statewide brethren, Montana, as the top dog in the conference. Then a bit of a problem arose and their strong defense has not been able to hold anyone under 30 points in the last four games. This week, they head down the road to face the Bengals, who've had two weeks to prepare for the Bobcats. Two weeks and the game is at their house. Will it make a difference?...MSU 30, ISU 10.

UNC @ South Dakota---This close. This close was what the Bears had in their game against Montana State last week. This close was their chance to steal one up in Bozeman. Close but no cigar. Now this week, they step out of conference and hit the road once again to face their former DII rival in South Dakota. Strange team to play after dealing with a Bobcat hangover. Can the Bears right the ship and go there with a clear mind against what is a good South Dakota team?...South Dakota 21, UNC 17.

Sac State @ NAU---Is there some justifiable anger left in the Hornets? This year was supposed to be their year and, while they have filled the conference slate with a lot of noise and scares, in the end it seems they are going to have to be satisfied with being close. The Jacks had a chance last week to get their elusive win at Montana, a place they have not won in quite awhile, yet they came up on the short end once again. Playing Herrick's backup while Herrick was injured and staying close showed the capabilities of his backup. Will it be enough against the high flying Hornets?...NAU 28, Sac State 21.

wapiti
October 28th, 2010, 10:16 PM
EWU32 @ PSU 24--- EWU wins this, but it may be closer than expected.

UM21 @ WSU 20---My brain says UM will win this. My wishful thinking wants BBQ Grills to win. It is a tie after the max allowed OTs. No winner declared.

MSU38 @ ISU---17 This could be a bit of a trap game for MSU. Hopefully they go into this fully prepared to play Idaho State.

UNC @ South Dakota---Just going with the home team here. I know very little about South Dakota.

Sac State 28 @NAU 32--- Is Herrick going to play in this game? If so, NAU wins this easily, if not NAU still wins, but it will be close.

How about some predictions for our two future members.
St. Francis 10 @ Cal Poly 38

Southern Utah 28 @ UC Davis 17

JALMOND
October 29th, 2010, 01:19 AM
I know very little about South Dakota.

Its relatively flat in the east with quite a few lakes, more hilly in the west with the Black Hills and Mount Rushmore in the extreme western part.

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

wapiti
October 29th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Its relatively flat in the east with quite a few lakes, more hilly in the west with the Black Hills and Mount Rushmore in the extreme western part.

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

You are a card. You should be dealt with.

GtFllsGriz
October 29th, 2010, 10:45 AM
My scores are nearly identical to JALMONDS.

The Griz need PSU to pull it off against EWU. I incorrectly predicted Sac would beat EWU last week, but I didn't miss by much. :-)

This is the most parity I ever recal in the Big Sky. Each game is a dogfight.

JALMOND
October 31st, 2010, 12:38 PM
The day before Halloween and strange things are in the mix. Actually strange things have already happened in the Big Sky so far this year. Currently I'm at 38-6 for the year, but this week will be the toughest week so far. Five games total involving Big Sky members with only Northern Colorado playing out of conference. The last couple weeks I've been missing one game, I'm hoping for perfection this time around.

EWU @ PSU---This matchup is being played in the fourth city in the last four years (Cheney 2007, Portland 2008, Seattle 2009, Hillsboro 2010). Both teams feature the run with the Eagles led by their big back, Jones, and the Vikings with their big pistol running attack. Maybe a good thing as the rain is supposed to come down for most of the game Saturday. The Vikings got some good practice last week as they played in the rain at Weber State and amassed over 600 total offensive yards. The Eagles put away one upstart in Sacramento State, can they keep their good season going against another spoiler?...EWU 25, PSU 23.

UM @ WSU---The Grizzlies are much of an oddity this year, continuing their winning in the conference much to the chagrin of the rest of the members, yet not winning "comfortably enough", much to the chagrin of their fans. The Wildcats have been stumbling along, winning when they should and losing when they should too. Strange as it may seem, this late in the season and the Wildcats can still determine who wins the conference, with games on the docket against the Grizzlies, Bobcats and Jacks. First the Grizzlies, but not quite...UM 28, WSU 24.

MSU @ ISU---Have the mighty fallen? Just a few weeks ago, it looked like the Bobcats had supplanted their statewide brethren, Montana, as the top dog in the conference. Then a bit of a problem arose and their strong defense has not been able to hold anyone under 30 points in the last four games. This week, they head down the road to face the Bengals, who've had two weeks to prepare for the Bobcats. Two weeks and the game is at their house. Will it make a difference?...MSU 30, ISU 10.

UNC @ South Dakota---This close. This close was what the Bears had in their game against Montana State last week. This close was their chance to steal one up in Bozeman. Close but no cigar. Now this week, they step out of conference and hit the road once again to face their former DII rival in South Dakota. Strange team to play after dealing with a Bobcat hangover. Can the Bears right the ship and go there with a clear mind against what is a good South Dakota team?...South Dakota 21, UNC 17.

Sac State @ NAU---Is there some justifiable anger left in the Hornets? This year was supposed to be their year and, while they have filled the conference slate with a lot of noise and scares, in the end it seems they are going to have to be satisfied with being close. The Jacks had a chance last week to get their elusive win at Montana, a place they have not won in quite awhile, yet they came up on the short end once again. Playing Herrick's backup while Herrick was injured and staying close showed the capabilities of his backup. Will it be enough against the high flying Hornets?...NAU 28, Sac State 21.

3-2 this week puts me at 41-8 for the season. Missed the Griz game (again) and also the beginning of the Jacks annual 4 game skid to end the year.

I Bleed Purple
October 31st, 2010, 04:41 PM
3-2 this week puts me at 41-8 for the season. Missed the Griz game (again) and also the beginning of the Jacks annual 4 game skid to end the year.

It's eerie how well NAU repeats its own history.