PDA

View Full Version : Boston U. Football

DFW HOYA
October 27th, 2010, 01:53 PM
http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/fenway-kenmore/2010/10/how_a_football_fan_helped_put.html?camp=obnetwork

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Nice writeup. Now, all they need to do is join the Patriot League in all sports and start playing Patriot League football. :P

Bogus Megapardus
October 27th, 2010, 02:04 PM
All that is old, is new again. Ms. Bruner's is the story, played out separately at a dozen or so campuses dotted around the northeast, of how college football started about 135 years ago.

henfan
October 27th, 2010, 02:22 PM
This is fantastic! I wasn't even aware that FB had been revived at BU as a club sport. Interesting that UMaine already has a team in the league.

SO ILLmatic
October 27th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Seems like men's lacrosse would have a better chance at being D1 at BU then bringing the football team back.

Same goes from Northeastern.

Hockey in the early Fall & Winter. Lax in the Spring.

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 27th, 2010, 10:47 PM
All that is old, is new again. Ms. Bruner's is the story, played out separately at a dozen or so campuses dotted around the northeast, of how college football started about 135 years ago.

Congratulations to Ms. Bruner & Mr. Morgante,.... God Bless the dreamers amongst us. xthumbsupx

NHwildEcat
October 28th, 2010, 05:44 AM
I had heard they were playing club ball, but it is nice to now have a better understanding of the driving forces behind the move. It certainly is interesting to see that Maine has club team in addition to their varsity. Must be a ton of interest from the local kids in Maine to play in some form for the Black Bears?

BlueHenSinfonian
October 28th, 2010, 06:43 AM
I had heard they were playing club ball, but it is nice to now have a better understanding of the driving forces behind the move. It certainly is interesting to see that Maine has club team in addition to their varsity. Must be a ton of interest from the local kids in Maine to play in some form for the Black Bears?

I thought that was interesting as well. I've always respected Maine's football program, as even in their off years they play the upset card fairly regularly, but I've never thought of Maine as being a hotbed of rabid football fandom. If Maine has enough interest to support both their FCS and club football schools, why isn't there home attendance better than it is?

Dane96
October 28th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Sadly, as someone living a mere 2 miles from Nickerson...and a drinking buddy of a former star (played on the team that upset UNI in 1993) BU football player; There is pretty much zero chance of a re-start as he hasn't heard a thing...and he has big $$$$. It would be awesome if they did...but no one here in Boston close to the program has heard anything.

In fact, I was out with probably 20 guys from that team about a month ago...and not a person knew of the club resurgence...I had to tell them.

I want this to happen...but it likely won't!

henfan
October 28th, 2010, 08:50 AM
There was a group of BU alums called BTuff (http://www.btuff.org/) interested in reviving Terrier FB but I haven't heard from them in 5 years or so.

Interestingly enough, the league that BU's club team plays in is called the Yankee Conference. Perhaps the future of UMaine FB is indeed the Yankee Conference after all.