February 9th, 2006, 10:57 AM
September 2 - OPEN
September 9 - CENTRAL CONNECTICUT STATE
September 16 - COASTAL CAROLINA
September 23 - *at Chattanooga
September 30 - *at Western Carolina

October 7 - NORTH DAKOTA STATE
October 14 - *ELON (Family Weekend)

October 21 - *APPALACHIAN STATE (Homecoming)
October 28 - *at The Citadel

November 4 - *WOFFORD (Hall of Fame)
November 11 - *at Furman
November 18 - CENTRAL ARKANSAS
November 25 - NCAA I-AA Playoffs First Round

December 2 - NCAA I-AA Playoffs Quarterfinals
December 8/9 - NCAA I-AA Playoffs Semifinals
December 15 - NCAA I-AA National Championship (at Chattanooga, TN

FU97
February 9th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Wow, theoretically GSU could play for 15 straight weeks (I don't see that happening). That's not good. Also not good to have the defending champ as homecoming.

February 9th, 2006, 11:50 AM
All D-I (including the two provisionals)!!! :hurray: :hurray:

gsuwinsudont
February 9th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Wow, theoretically GSU could play for 15 straight weeks (I don't see that happening). That's not good. Also not good to have the defending champ as homecoming.

We since i think 98, have App for homecoming so its nothing new. The bye at the beginning of the season does suck though.

GSUhooligan
February 9th, 2006, 01:13 PM
I think that was done to give us more time to finish the new fieldhouse

RockyMtnGriz
February 9th, 2006, 01:29 PM
First thing I noticed was no open week the last week of regular season.

OL FU
February 9th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Happy to see NDSU on there. It should give us a measurement of west versus east teams that can be hard to find.

EagleCrusade
February 9th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Happy to see NDSU on there. It should give us a measurement of west versus east teams that can be hard to find.

I think the marketing dept is labeling it as "The Maple Leaf Classic"

Eaglegus2
February 9th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Seven home games will be great!! :hyped: :hyped:

It means a lot of tailgating. :nod:

The money I will save on long away games will be spent on lots of liquids. xlolx
:beerchug:

JMU Duke Dog
February 9th, 2006, 03:01 PM
That is a nice schedule based on having seven home games and the four road games are realistically possible roadtrips.

youwouldno
February 9th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Looks like a nice schedule, especially considering GSU is in a period of transition. All the OOC games are at home and certainly very winnable, though it's hard to say how good the Eagles will be.

catamount man
February 9th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Good schedule. Looking forward to you all coming to Cullowhee September 30th! GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

GSUEagles47
February 10th, 2006, 05:10 AM
I am looking forward to this year. I am in the process of becoming a Southern Booster.

AZGrizFan
February 10th, 2006, 10:37 AM

But realistically, probably only 11. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

EagleCrusade
February 10th, 2006, 01:44 PM
But realistically, probably only 11. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

laugh it up, chuckles.

umassfan
February 10th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Looks like a nice schedule, especially considering GSU is in a period of transition. All the OOC games are at home and certainly very winnable, though it's hard to say how good the Eagles will be.
If they dont win their ooc games they they have problems and may fire another coach in the offseason.

AZGrizFan
February 10th, 2006, 03:53 PM
laugh it up, chuckles.

Oh, and I AM, Barney.

I love you, you love me
We're a happy family
With a great big hug
And a kiss from me to you
Don't you ......ah, well---I'm sure you know the rest, you big purple lug. ;) ;)

OL FU
February 10th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Oh, and I AM, Barney.

I love you, you love me
We're a happy family
With a great big hug
And a kiss from me to you
Don't you ......ah, well---I'm sure you know the rest, you big purple lug. ;) ;)

Crusade is gonna be pissed xlolx xlolx xlolx

Baldy
February 10th, 2006, 04:47 PM
If they dont win their ooc games they they have problems and may fire another coach in the offseason.
xidiotx

GSUEagles47
February 11th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Baldy, I have to agree with you on your reaction to what umassfan said.

gsuwinsudont
February 11th, 2006, 10:58 AM

Naw if he loses them all we'll just keep our coach so we can maintain a standard of excellence that those at Umass can feel familiar with. :rolleyes:

Eaglegus2
February 11th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Good schedule. Looking forward to you all coming to Cullowhee September 30th! GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Cullowhee has become one of my favorite SoCon destination for football. I am looking forward to Sept. 30th.

Do you know where I could rent a cabin close to Cullowhee? I would like to come there on Thursday - Sunday.