View Full Version : SUU schedules "Special Announcement" for Wed. 2PM (MT).

4SUU
October 25th, 2010, 05:14 PM
SUU President Michael Benson has indicated the scheduling of a "special announcement" in the Centrum Arena for Wednesday at 2PM (MT). He further states that it is an "announcement that will be pretty exciting for our institution... that's all I can say right now."

Any similar news out of other schools?

Sec310
October 25th, 2010, 05:36 PM
There is nothing about this announcement on SUU's website. Where did you hear this information?

dmksioux
October 25th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Nothing yet...there was this short blurb in the GF Herald though.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/180812/group/homepage/

4SUU
October 25th, 2010, 05:53 PM
The statement on the Wed. announcement came straight from Dr. Michael Benson at the Monday Coaches Luncheon.

Silenoz
October 25th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Well I guess we can expect them from UND and USD very soon here too...

Sec310
October 25th, 2010, 06:04 PM
The statement on the Wed. announcement came straight from Dr. Michael Benson at the Monday Coaches Luncheon.

Great. I just talked to Fullerton's travel agent. She told me Fullerton has booked a flight, tomorrow, to Vegas and reserved a car with Avis, he got a Lincoln Town Car. He also booked a room at the Motel 6 in Cedar City, for two nights.

MplsBison
October 25th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Well I guess we can expect them from UND and USD very soon here too...

Maybe not:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/180812/group/Sports/

“The presidents’ discussions involving the University of North Dakota were extremely positive,” Fullerton said. “That discussion is ongoing. There’s no offer and nothing to report. A lot of it is really going to depend on what the University of North Dakota wants to do. Some of it depends on (UND president Robert Kelley) and ‘what’s your vision of you and your future?’”

McNeese75
October 25th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Doesn't hunting season open this weekend?xlolx

NorCalJack
October 25th, 2010, 11:00 PM
SUU President Michael Benson has indicated the scheduling of a "special announcement" in the Centrum Arena for Wednesday at 2PM (MT). He further states that it is an "announcement that will be pretty exciting for our institution... that's all I can say right now."

Any similar news out of other schools?

According to the SDSU beat writer, Terry Vandrovec, no announcement is scheduled for SUU

Here is the link to his twitter (http://twitter.com/terryvandrovec)

slostang
October 26th, 2010, 12:39 AM
According to the SDSU beat writer, Terry Vandrovec, no announcement is scheduled for SUU

Here is the link to his twitter (http://twitter.com/terryvandrovec)

Maybe the SID was/is not authorized to release info on this. I knew that Cal Poly had a major announcement coming before they would admit it to the papers.

NorCalJack
October 26th, 2010, 01:11 AM
Maybe the SID was/is not authorized to release info on this. I knew that Cal Poly had a major announcement coming before they would admit it to the papers.

The purpose for holding a press conference is so the press can attend to spread the news of what is being announced. So I don't understand why they would tell the press to stay way. The only reason to tell the press that there is no announcement is because there is no announcement.

Sec310
October 26th, 2010, 05:36 PM
I guess, there isn't going to be any press conference at SUU, tomorrow.

slostang
October 26th, 2010, 05:51 PM
The purpose for holding a press conference is so the press can attend to spread the news of what is being announced. So I don't understand why they would tell the press to stay way. The only reason to tell the press that there is no announcement is because there is no announcement.

They may not have the contract signed yet and are not announcing it to the press until later today or Wednesday morning. I am sure that would give the press plenty of time to get someone there by 2:00 Wednesday afternoon. I know that the press was not notified until late in the day the day before Cal Poly's press conference even though there was rumors out that it was happening a few days before. I am not saying there is one, just saying that there maybe one and they are waiting until all the T's are crossed and the I's are dotted before officially announcing that they have a big announcement on Wednesday.

Sec310
October 27th, 2010, 12:35 AM
A story mentions that Fullerton will be in the midwest for some meeting, dealing with FCS football. So if SUU is having a press conference, Fullerton won't be there.

I know that Fullerton doesn't have to be a press conference. But it maybe nice.