PDA

View Full Version : Week 9 in the meat grinder AKA MVFC

DOME
October 25th, 2010, 02:20 PM
UNI at YSU 1:00 PM - Panthers only turned the ball over once saturday, seem to have matured quit a bit over the last several weeks. Panthers by three scores!

SDST at INST 3:00 PM - Bunnies seem to have come around a bit and are playing angry...trees do look better this year though but TH isn't that scary of a place to play...bunnies by 10.

SIU at MOSU 3:00 PM - TA has lost his winning ways...dogs in a rout.

ILST at WIU 3:00 PM - Toss a coin, both teams haven't shown much consistency.

RabidRabbit
October 25th, 2010, 02:34 PM
UNI at YSU 1:00 PM - Panthers continue their Penguin domination. Panthers by 14!

SDST at INST 3:00 PM - JACKS seem to have come into the form anticipated pre-season. Trees continue improvements. Rabbits chew up the saplings again...Jacks by 10.

SIU at MOSU 3:00 PM - Da Bears FINALLY whip dogs, another close one though. Bears by 3.

ILST at WIU 3:00 PM - Barr has good day in front of the home crowd. Marines by 9.

Big Al
October 25th, 2010, 02:41 PM
UNI at YSU
SDST at INST
SIU at MOSU
ILST at WIU

Bisonforlife
October 25th, 2010, 02:55 PM
UNI at YSU = UNI
SDST at INST = SDSU
SIU at MOSU = SIU
ILST at WIU = WIU
I think this is the easiest week to predict but the way things have gone this year any of these could be wrong!

Thundar
October 25th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Kitties
Trees
Dogs
Dirty Birds

Bye beats the Cows

PantherRob82
October 25th, 2010, 06:02 PM
UNI over YSU
SDST over INST
SIU over MOSU
WIU over ILST

ValleyChamp
October 25th, 2010, 07:33 PM
UNI at YSU
SDST at INST
SIU at MOSU
ILSTat WIU
Bye at NDSU

Jacked_Rabbit
October 25th, 2010, 07:59 PM
The early lines are out - I'm suprised be a couple of them:

UNI -3 @ YSU
SDSU -5 @ IN St.
SIU @ MO St. -6
IL St @ WIU -14

Anybody see any LOCKS in the bunch?

jacksfan29
October 25th, 2010, 09:30 PM
UNI at YSU
SDST at INST
SIU at MOSU
ILST at WIU

TheBisonator
October 25th, 2010, 10:07 PM
It's a road team sweep on the 30th!!!

Northern Iowa at Youngstown State
South Dakota State at Indiana State
Southern Illinois at Missouri State
Illinois State at Western Illinois

Bye beats NDSU on last second field goal

Sycamore51
October 26th, 2010, 06:29 AM
UNI @ YSU
SDSU @ Indiana State
SIU @ Missouri State
Ill St @ WIU

leatherneck177
October 26th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Northern Iowa at Youngstown State - Panthers win a close one by 6.
South Dakota State at Indiana State - Jacks roll by 24.
Southern Illinois at Missouri State - Bears win with late 4th quarter FG.
Illinois State at Western Illinois - Redbirds run and run and run and run.....win by 12.

Sycamore51
October 26th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Northern Iowa at Youngstown State - Panthers win a close one by 6.
South Dakota State at Indiana State - Jacks roll by 24.
Southern Illinois at Missouri State - Bears win with late 4th quarter FG.
Illinois State at Western Illinois - Redbirds run and run and run and run.....win by 12.

Doesn't Mo St have real troubles in the kicking game?

Gil Dobie
October 26th, 2010, 09:00 AM
UNI at YSU
SDST at INST
SIU at MOSU
ILST at WIU

Been 50-50 on my picks so far, so I'm going with all home teams this week to shake it up.

MplsBison
October 26th, 2010, 09:58 AM
YSU - can't be any other way this year
InSU- bounce back
MO St- on a roll now
IL St - another bounce back

Looking for that 2nd playoff team still..xsmhx

Iwuvdatrees
October 26th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Bison are you on drugs?????? I thought the Trees didnt deserve to be in the conference??? lol WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

leatherneck177
October 26th, 2010, 10:44 AM

They are now using a freshman kicker. He drilled a 35 yarder against Western last week into the wind. Pretty impressive, was his first collegiate attempt. Doesn't mean he will make them all, I just have a feeling that will be the deciding factor.

Sycamore51
October 26th, 2010, 11:25 AM
They are now using a freshman kicker. He drilled a 35 yarder against Western last week into the wind. Pretty impressive, was his first collegiate attempt. Doesn't mean he will make them all, I just have a feeling that will be the deciding factor.

I'm glad they decided to make the switch after we played them!

Indianastate45
October 26th, 2010, 02:41 PM
UNI
ISU Blue
SIU
WIU

Jacked_Rabbit
October 26th, 2010, 05:37 PM
UNI 24 YSU 20
SDSU 31 IN ST 30
SIU 34 MO ST 35
IL ST 20 WIU 34

MSUDuo
October 26th, 2010, 08:16 PM
I'm glad they decided to make the switch after we played them!

Yeah, if we had been using a kicker instead of a punter for our FG, even a frosh, this season could have been different...

But that is the past, he has a promising future it seems like

MSUDuo
October 26th, 2010, 08:17 PM
UNI
SDST
SIU
WIU

MSUBear42
October 26th, 2010, 08:18 PM

We did, until TA FINALLY replaced our FG kicker with a true freshman (made his first collegiate kick to win the game against WIU, into 20 mph winds in the rain last week).

nmatsen
October 27th, 2010, 09:11 AM
We did, until TA FINALLY replaced our FG kicker with a true freshman (made his first collegiate kick to win the game against WIU, into 20 mph winds in the rain last week).

Well, thats one area where TA is a much, much better coach than Farley. Well, I am sure thats not the only area.

DOME
October 27th, 2010, 09:52 PM
While I'm not a Halgren fan at all. I mean the Iowa game killed it for me. Then he missed two fg's in the friendly confines to open the season this year. The kid is going to break Wingert's record and grab the all time points lead for a UNI player.

But I still miss Wingert. Automatic. And who doesn't like to see their kicker regularly put the kick off between the uprights?

Professor Chaos
October 28th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Northern Iowa @ Youngstown State - No real logical reason for this pick other than it should be expected for the last place team to beat the 1st place team the way the MVFC has played out this year.
South Dakota State @ Indiana State - This won't be an easy one for the bunnies, Indiana State is unbeaten at home this year but I think that SDSU wins by less than a score.
Southern Illinois @ Missouri State - Flipped a coin for these Jeckyll and Hyde teams and the Salukis are coming off a bye.
Illinois State @ Western Illinois - Western rebounds and Illinois State packs it in after being demolished in Cedar Falls.

Big Al
October 31st, 2010, 09:14 AM
UNI at YSU
SDST at INST
SIU at MOSU
ILST at WIU

Yes, No, No, Yes.

UNI has @In State, Mo State & @WIU to finish out the year. If you would have told me at the beginning of the year that two of three, much less all three games would not be automatic gimmees, much less a battle for 1st place in conference I would have called you crazy.

What a year!