PDA

View Full Version : Interview with a former FCS O.C.

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 22nd, 2010, 11:06 PM
Not sure where this thread belongs, but here's a link to an interview with former FCS Off Coord (UNH) Chip Kelly who really has it going at Oregon. In true Chip fashion, he speaks his mind, tells the truth, and pulls no punches.... what a concept! xpeacex

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1140965

Old Cat Fan
October 22nd, 2010, 11:29 PM
Thanks Fan53 good read, Did anyone notice during last nights Oregon-UCLA game, Oregon was holding up different offensive play cards with 4 different pictures on them and the one that had Lee Corso, Bill murray on it also had the UNH wildcat logo, thought that was a nice touch, too bad the ESPN guys never picked up on it.Guess that could go down as a FCS sighting xnodx

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 25th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Thanks Fan53 good read, Did anyone notice during last nights Oregon-UCLA game, Oregon was holding up different offensive play cards with 4 different pictures on them and the one that had Lee Corso, Bill murray on it also had the UNH wildcat logo, thought that was a nice touch, too bad the ESPN guys never picked up on it.Guess that could go down as a FCS sighting xnodx

Chip also saluted former Oregon OC, Gary Crowton (also, a former UNH OC), by having an LSU Tiger logo on another of the offensive play cards. Crowton left Oregon to go south to Baton Rouge opening up the slot for Chip. Coach Kelly never forgets! xthumbsupx

Skjellyfetti
October 25th, 2010, 09:45 PM
And Crowton now runs one of the worst offenses in FBS.

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 27th, 2010, 10:52 PM

Good move by OU, I would guess, .... Kelly sure doesn't, ...

emilimo701
October 27th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Some guy was telling me his story at work a couple weeks ago. His was more dramatic than fact, but he is nonetheless a great success story and representative of New Hampshire. Going from OC of UNH (which is in all due respect a coveted position) to HC of the #1 FBS team in the country in four years is an incredible feat and a testament to what ingenuity and hard work can still do

Big Al
October 28th, 2010, 01:03 AM

Yes, well, that's what Crowton does. I lived in Utah when BYU hired Crowton away from the Bears and I remember saying at that time that it was a mistake. Crowton is like that guy who claims to have a black belt in karate but in reality all he does is waves his hands around and kick in the air a lot.