PDA

View Full Version : CCSU at Albany (Fri, 7pm) MSG+

aceinthehole
October 22nd, 2010, 08:07 AM
This is going to be a good game tonight.

NEW BRITAIN - Central Connecticut head coach Jeff McInerney insists this is just another game. His players tried their best to stick to the company line as well. They’re all big games, they say.

But it’s hard to believe them. This one, after all, is on television, and a win in this big game would go a long way in setting up Central to play in the biggest game of the year in a few weeks. Throw in the fact that this matchup has become one of the Northeast Conference’s premier football rivalries and it’s hard to call this “just another game.”

This is CCSU-Albany.http://www.newbritainherald.com/articles/2010/10/22/sports/doc4cc0f7f30b670293536982.txt

The Blue Devils travel to Albany for their second television game of the season (Youngstown St.), and looked to remain unbeaten in Northeast Conference play. The Blue Devils broke through against Albany last season winning 31-29 at home to help win the 2009 NEC title. In fact, in each of the three seasons that Central has won an NEC title (2004, 2005 and 2009) they have beaten Albany. The most memorable of those wins came in 2004, when the Blue Devils went to Albany and defeated the Great Danes 28-23 to clinch a share of the NEC title. That win marks the only road win for the Blue Devils in the series. Central has lost two straight on the road against the Great Danes, including a 24-22 loss in 2008 and a 19-14 loss in 2006. http://www.ccsubluedevils.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17600&ATCLID=205016428

aceinthehole
October 22nd, 2010, 07:37 PM
Well Albany's new RS Fr. QB looks very good and the D is playing bend, but don't break.
CCSU's Defense is pathetic and the offense has stalled in the redzone twice and had to settle for FGs.

CCSU - 6
Albany - 24

HALF

danefan
October 22nd, 2010, 07:46 PM
Leathley is a very good player and should have been playing since the beginning. We've only got a handful of seniors that get any playing time on offense. This is a taste of the next few years I suspect. A very good QB and two very good RBs.

aceinthehole
October 22nd, 2010, 08:24 PM
End of 3Q

CCSU - 12
Albany - 24

danefan
October 22nd, 2010, 08:28 PM
This game is far from over......

danefan
October 22nd, 2010, 08:36 PM
Ace - punter hurt for CCSU?

aceinthehole
October 22nd, 2010, 08:57 PM
No, just stupid play calling.

Your QB is going be good, but our run D is probably the 2nd worst in the league :(

danefan
October 22nd, 2010, 08:59 PM
No, just stupid play calling.

Your QB is going be good, but our run D is probably the 2nd worst in the league :(

I fear you guys are in trouble out at RMU - Miles Russ is a legit running back.

aceinthehole
October 22nd, 2010, 09:00 PM
CCSU - 19
Albany - 27

4Q 2:01

This could be another classic UA/CCSU matchup that could come down to a 2pt conversion

aceinthehole
October 22nd, 2010, 09:01 PM
I fear you guys are in trouble out at RMU - Miles Russ is a legit running back.

Yeah, and vs Dorcher at Wagner.

danefan
October 22nd, 2010, 09:03 PM
Yeah, and vs Dorcher at Wagner.

Doscher scares me too. Our secondary sucks.

danefan
October 22nd, 2010, 09:08 PM
As previously mentioned - our secondary sucks.

aceinthehole
October 22nd, 2010, 09:09 PM
Wow!

CCSU - 25
UA - 27

4Q 0:37

Could Mac's call to go for 2 earlier kill us?

danefan
October 22nd, 2010, 09:12 PM
Epic collapse right now.

We are flat since halftime. Lets see if our young QB can Elway them down teh field.

danefan
October 22nd, 2010, 09:13 PM
Alright - OT here we come.

All the momentum in the world with CCSU.

aceinthehole
October 22nd, 2010, 09:14 PM
IMO, this just adds to the rivalry!

CCSU - 29
Albany - 29

OT

danefan
October 22nd, 2010, 09:15 PM
CCSU will win this game unless they screw it up somehow. Albany has looked terrible in the 2nd half.

aceinthehole
October 22nd, 2010, 09:17 PM
This is a classic conference rivalry game.

CCSU came out flat. Couldn't stop the agile QB and had to stalled drives in the RZ. A horrible run D, but a very talented offense breaks open in the 2nd half.

Albany is young, and CCSU offense is dynamic enough to wear out a D that played well in the 1st half. Danes still have a quality D and can run at will.

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2010, 09:21 PM
Catching the end of this online. Fumble!

danefan
October 22nd, 2010, 09:23 PM
Good comeback CCSU.....the better team deserved to win.

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2010, 09:23 PM
CCSU driving after the fumble. Some dude with a videocam has it up on Channelsurfing.

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2010, 09:24 PM
FG wins it for CCSU . . . . I think. The stream cut off.

aceinthehole
October 22nd, 2010, 09:25 PM
Agree, CCSU was the better team - but not by much.

Albany is certainly down from the usual self. You have found a new QB, so that is positive.

CCSU is good, but has a fatal flaw - run D. We can be good, but I don't see how we beat RMU on the road with Miles.

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2010, 09:29 PM
How did Albany manage to drop the soap after being up 24-6 at the half?

danefan
October 22nd, 2010, 09:29 PM
How did Albany manage to drop the soap after being up 24-6 at the half?

CCSU got their act in gear and Albany forgot how to tackle in the 2nd half.

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2010, 09:34 PM
My beloved Dish Network is boycotting MSG so I couldn't get it on TV. But some guy in the stands managed to stream it from a videocam on Channelsurfing. Modern technology at its best.

aceinthehole
October 22nd, 2010, 09:34 PM
After the 1st half, the offense stats were close between the 2 teams, but Albany put TDs on the board while CCSU had a few FGs.

2nd half CCSU's O exploded, and we were able to key on their running game. We still gave up huge yards, but it was clear UA wasn't going to pass for points.

Central has talent on the offesne side of the ball and can wear down even very good defensive teams. Albany is young and limited on offense, they will win a few more this year and be a legit threat next year.

BTW - how bad is Maine to lose 3-0 at home to Albany? (It's not the loss, but the score that still amazes me)

aceinthehole
October 22nd, 2010, 09:35 PM
My beloved Dish Network is boycotting MSG so I couldn't get it on TV. But some guy in the stands managed to stream it from a videocam on Channelsurfing. Modern technology at its best.

DirecTV is the only way to go!

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2010, 09:39 PM
Tough loss at home for Capital District crew. How's that new stadium coming along?

danefan
October 22nd, 2010, 09:39 PM

Yeah I saw that. I'm trying to figure out what that camera was. Almost seems like it was a camera that is used to create the films for the teams as they kept going to the scoreboard in between each play (that's how video guys for teams track the plays - time, down and distance). Not sure why that would be hooked up to the internet though or how in the world Channelsurfing would get it.

danefan
October 22nd, 2010, 09:40 PM
Tough loss at home for Capital District crew. How's that new stadium coming along?

In the wonderful efficient world of the State procurement (bid) process. Supposed to award a contract by the end of the year.

aceinthehole
October 22nd, 2010, 09:41 PM
CCSU (5-2, 4-0 NEC) is setting up for a showdown with RMU (6-1, 5-0 NEC) for the AQ.

Wagner (4-2, 2-1 NEC) and Monmouth (2-4, 2-1 NEC) are lurking in the distance.

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2010, 09:46 PM
Yeah I saw that. I'm trying to figure out what that camera was. Almost seems like it was a camera that is used to create the films for the teams as they kept going to the scoreboard in between each play (that's how video guys for teams track the plays - time, down and distance). Not sure why that would be hooked up to the internet though or how in the world Channelsurfing would get it.

It can be done with an expensive broadband smart phone with a camera built in. The access charges would be huge unless you had a flat rate broadband plan. The uplink to Channelsurf presumably came through TVU - and anybody can uplink a stream to TVU. It's not that hard if you have the right equipment.

danefan
October 22nd, 2010, 09:48 PM
Final stats for our Frosh QB in his first ever start:

12-19 for 101 yards passing and 1 TD
17 rushes for 112 yards and 1 TD

That's the bright spot for us. Looking forward to the next couple years.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 22nd, 2010, 09:50 PM
After the 1st half, the offense stats were close between the 2 teams, but Albany put TDs on the board while CCSU had a few FGs.

2nd half CCSU's O exploded, and we were able to key on their running game. We still gave up huge yards, but it was clear UA wasn't going to pass for points.

Central has talent on the offesne side of the ball and can wear down even very good defensive teams. Albany is young and limited on offense, they will win a few more this year and be a legit threat next year.

BTW - how bad is Maine to lose 3-0 at home to Albany? (It's not the loss, but the score that still amazes me)

You mean the Maine team that beat UNH who beat.......

Never mind

danefan
October 22nd, 2010, 09:52 PM
Exactly...........but the NEC is no good right.............;)

Bogus Megapardus
October 23rd, 2010, 06:34 AM
Were there a vote on the subject, I think Albany would win the award for the best team with the most unfortunate stadium circumstances. I know the good people at New Hampshire like to claim that award, but you really gotta feel bad for the Dnaes. Georgetown almost has it good by comparison.

danefan
October 23rd, 2010, 07:23 AM
Were there a vote on the subject, I think Albany would win the award for the best team with the most unfortunate stadium circumstances. I know the good people at New Hampshire like to claim that award, but you really gotta feel bad for the Dnaes. Georgetown almost has it good by comparison.

Yeah, but I think Jacksonville has that by a long shot:http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4001/5078094459_7a354a403b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4037/5078687874_3c17a08337.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4089/5078687812_bb64b29eaa.jpg

Albany in a close second though. That's for sure.

aceinthehole
October 23rd, 2010, 08:45 AM
Exactly...........but the NEC is no good right.............;)

Albany is just damn young all the way around and they are finding their way on offense (although they may have found their future QB).

Despite the score vs RMU or the 2nd half collapase vs CCSU, this is a good (but not great) win for both teams. Conference foes just have a way of being tough because you see each other year in and year out.

And I'll say it again, the Albany-CCSU rivalry in the NEC is huge and games like this add to it. The players (and fans) at CCSU circle this game each year. Our coach has a ton of respect for Bob Ford and the players know how good the Danes are each year. And many fans like the non-conference basketball rivalry as well. Just a few hours sperate Albany and New Britain and there is a shared history as both schools are former teacher's colleges and have played basketabll against eachother since the 1930s.

WrenFGun
October 23rd, 2010, 08:49 AM
Albany is just damn young all the way around and they are finding their way on offense (although they may have found their future QB).

Despite the score vs RMU or the 2nd half collapase vs CCSU, this is a good (but not great) win for both teams. Conference foes just have a way of being tough because you see each other year in and year out.

And I'll say it again, the Albany-CCSU rivalry in the NEC is huge and games like this add to it. The players (and fans) at CCSU circle this game each year. Our coach has a ton of respect for Bob Ford and the players know how good the Danes are each year. And many fans like the non-conference basketball rivalry as well. Just a few hours sperate Albany and New Britain and there is a shared history as both schools are former teacher's colleges and have played basketabll against eachother since the 1930s.

...not sure if this helps UNH or not. Presuming they some how get to 7-4 which is a big presumption, I don't know if it's more helpful to have a win over a team that may win the NEC in CCSU or hurtful to have a loss to a team that lost to Albany, who just lost to CCSU ..