PDA

View Full Version : Predict WIU's Remaining Games!

cderry
October 21st, 2010, 08:44 AM
Remaining Game Predictions!

10/23: Western Illinois @ Missouri State
10/30: Illinois State @ Western Illinois
11/13: Western Illinois @ Southern Illinois
11/20: Northern Iowa @ Western Illinois

cderry
October 21st, 2010, 08:46 AM

I like my team for 3 of them, but SIU is tough at home.

leatherneck177
October 21st, 2010, 08:57 AM
This ought to be on leathernecknation.com.

I share your passion on Western, but I'm not sure everyone else on the board does.

Big Al
October 21st, 2010, 09:18 AM
I think you have the first two, less sure against SIU, and I think UNI will put an end to WIU's Cinderella season.

JoeNeck90
October 21st, 2010, 10:35 AM
Boy, I can't even begin to do this with how the teams in the conference change week to week
Unlike WIU, UNI is doing the most important thing the best. They are stopping the run. Like WIU, without checking stats, I dont think UNI is turning it over. I just wanna beat MSU.

SalukiJim
October 21st, 2010, 10:36 AM

I like you to beat my dawgs but am not sure about the UNI game. Which could decide the conference title in this topsy turvy year

JoeNeck90
October 21st, 2010, 10:38 AM
This ought to be on leathernecknation.com.

I share your passion on Western, but I'm not sure everyone else on the board does.

This will stir up Clenzy and PRob.

jacksfan29
October 21st, 2010, 11:42 AM
Win
Win
Loss
Loss

WIU goes 2-2 to finish the season

crunifan
October 21st, 2010, 12:06 PM
Boy, I can't even begin to do this with how the teams in the conference change week to week
Unlike WIU, UNI is doing the most important thing the best. They are stopping the run. Like WIU, without checking stats, I dont think UNI is turning it over. I just wanna beat MSU.

That's the only reason UNI has lost a game.

With the exception of last week we turn it over 3-4 times a game.

UNIFanSince1983
October 21st, 2010, 12:26 PM
Yeah we are currently -8 when it comes to turnovers. We actually turn the ball over 2.8 times per game.

It has been the only reason we have lost FCS games this year. We are +3 in the games we have won, and -6 in the two FCS games we lost, and -11 in all of our 3 losses. We have thrown 3 picks that have been returned for touchdowns. It has not been a good season when it comes to turnovers. And even being -6 in those two FCS losses they have been only by a combined 9 points with the 7 point loss being in overtime, and the 2 point loss being to a top 5 team.

That being said who knows what can happen the rest of the way. If this year has taught us anything it is that anything can happen in the Valley this year! Better buckle up because it will be bumpy ride for everyone!

PantherRob82
October 21st, 2010, 03:19 PM
I think you have the first two, less sure against SIU, and I think UNI will put an end to WIU's Cinderella season.

I think they get in even with a loss to UNI.

PantherRob82
October 21st, 2010, 03:19 PM
This will stir up Clenzy and PRob.

You wish. ;)

JoeNeck90
October 22nd, 2010, 12:05 AM
That's the only reason UNI has lost a game.

With the exception of last week we turn it over 3-4 times a game.

I knew that UNI had struggled with ball security early on but kind of figured with the wins that the turnover issue had been cleaned up. Winning and turning it over that many times? Wow, good goin. Didn't know.

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2010, 12:08 AM
I wish we hadn't had a first week bye. I would've made the trek down to WIU in person to catch a game. Since we've played every week I have to wait until Nov 20th. Hope the game still matters by then.

JoeNeck90
October 22nd, 2010, 12:19 AM
You wish. ;)

Wish what? I know your hatred toward the Necknation.....You upload on youtube the UNI fight song in Macomb(its a big deal to you), you jump on anything positive about WIU. Come on, Cat. You were probably just old enough to experience two WIU conference championships in the dome along with a UNI playoff killer by WIU. Don't get me wrong, UNI is the Champs, the Kings of the conference/ I respect that. So much so that we will meet in Macomb. Guaranteed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxECKW2Cqi0

JoeNeck90
October 22nd, 2010, 12:22 AM
I buy beer Rob. Just bring yourself and Clenz.

SO ILLmatic
October 22nd, 2010, 07:14 AM

Not this year.

PantherRob82
October 23rd, 2010, 08:00 AM
Wish what? I know your hatred toward the Necknation.....You upload on youtube the UNI fight song in Macomb(its a big deal to you), you jump on anything positive about WIU. Come on, Cat. You were probably just old enough to experience two WIU conference championships in the dome along with a UNI playoff killer by WIU. Don't get me wrong, UNI is the Champs, the Kings of the conference/ I respect that. So much so that we will meet in Macomb. Guaranteed.

I honestly don't have any "hatred" towards WIU. I've been watching UNI football for 21 years, and really don't have many bad memories from the 'Necks.

Is it offensive that I posted a video of my team that happened to be in Macomb?

I'm assuming the year you ruined our playoff run was 06? The year the season was over from game one when UND came in and beat us?
I'm friends with Illinois State fans and they ruined our season last year.

What it comes down to is that WIU fans sound a lot like Missouri State fans at the beginning of most seasons. You beat a couple patsies, demand respect and get worked up when you don't get it. When we came to Macomb in 07 and 08 we were going to face some 'great teams', but we know how those games went. So far I would say that WIU deserves respect this year.

PantherRob82
October 28th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Where'd the WIU fans go? What happened in the game last week? Should we expect the Necks to bounce back.

You know we don't trust the swomo state account of what happened.

leatherneck177
October 28th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Where'd the WIU fans go? What happened in the game last week? Should we expect the Necks to bounce back.

You know we don't trust the swomo state account of what happened.

Tough loss last week, however Western did not deserve to win. The D-Line was porous and our tackling was terrible. Erratic offensive play didn't help matters.

Hopefully the Necks can bounce back this week against the Redbirds. Always a tough game no matter what either team's record is. Illinois State's balance on offense will be a challenge and it will be important for Western to establish some type of a running game in this one.

PantherRob82
October 28th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Tough loss last week, however Western did not deserve to win. The D-Line was porous and our tackling was terrible. Erratic offensive play didn't help matters.

Hopefully the Necks can bounce back this week against the Redbirds. Always a tough game no matter what either team's record is. Illinois State's balance on offense will be a challenge and it will be important for Western to establish some type of a running game in this one.

Hopefully we beat the birds down a bit for you. Why was the offense erratic? Was Barr off his game?

ST_Lawson
October 28th, 2010, 01:38 PM
I don't think the running game ever really got going. RB Flowers was out most of the game with an injury (didn't sound serious, but haven't heard if he'll be fine for this weekend's game) and nothing on the ground seemed to work. MSU was able to stop just about any running plays that Ray or Barr attempted. Passing game worked pretty well, although there were a couple of interceptions. Barr did really well throwing to Senatus, Helt, and Crump, but without much of a running game, they were pretty one-sided.

The WIU Defense front line allowing so many runs through is a big part of the reason why Glazier did so well. He plays a similar position to the Chi Bears' Brian Urlacher and does it very well, but ideally, the front line should stop the run well before the guy gets to Glazier. If they've gotten through to him, then they've already got a good 4-6 yards on the rush. I'm not an expert (and honestly, I don't know defensive schemes very well), but from everything I've heard, it's mostly because our D-line is just too small to stop most of the better MVFC RBs.