PDA

View Full Version : Will Missouri Valley Conference Get Hot?

FanofFCS
October 18th, 2010, 04:58 PM
TSN projection has one Valley team in. Haley bases his picks off how he thinks teams will wind up at the end of the regular season.
http://tinyurl.com/36tfzpu

Jacked_Rabbit
October 19th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Since we're in the midst of conference play, the MVFC teams are going to continue beating up on each other each week. By the time everything shakes out, I firmy believe that there will be 2 teams from the Missouri Valley represented in the playoffs.

Right now, I believe UNI has the inside track to win the conference with Western Illinois right behind them.

Redbird Ray
October 19th, 2010, 08:49 PM
There is no freaking way the Big Sky deserves four teams in the field and the MVFC only deserves one. What the hell has that league done this year, or the Southern for that matter also, that the MVFC has not? So we don't have a clear cut favorite in the MVFC right now. Guess what, we don't have any pushovers either. Every week is a grind. The MVFC is at least a 2 bid league when all is said and done.

stevdock
October 19th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Since when can Montana play Montana St in the round of 16, or did that rule get changed too now with expansion??

MplsBison
October 19th, 2010, 09:45 PM
There is no freaking way the Big Sky deserves four teams in the field and the MVFC only deserves one. What the hell has that league done this year, or the Southern for that matter also, that the MVFC has not? So we don't have a clear cut favorite in the MVFC right now. Guess what, we don't have any pushovers either. Every week is a grind. The MVFC is at least a 2 bid league when all is said and done.

IMO it means the Sky and SoCon have 3-4 good teams and 5-6 below average teams whereas the MVFC has 7-8 average teams and 1-2 good teams.

Good teams go to the playoffs.

JMUNJ08
October 19th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Right now I couldn't tell you from an outside perspective who is 'hot' in the valley. Seems like the wins are cyclical with no one having an edge. The real problem for at large candidates is getting to 7 D1 wins. SO many teams have 3 losses or must win out to get to 7 D1 wins. Should be an exciting race but I have trouble seeing 2 teams just to get to the old qualifying status.

ValleyChamp
October 19th, 2010, 10:37 PM
The MVFC will get two teams in.

Oh, and four BSC teams? LOL, get a clue. That conferences is not ANY better than the MVFC.