PDA

View Full Version : Newsflash: NCCU Head Coach Mose Rison is relieved from duties!

WileECoyote06
October 18th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Thank you Georgia State football team!xhurrayx

Celebrate good times come on. . . let's celebrate!!!!
xsmileyclapxxhurrayxxnodxxcoolx

RISON REPLACED AS HEAD FOOTBALL COACH AT NCCU

Bullock Elevated to Interim Head Coach for the Remainder of the Season

DURHAM, N.C. - Following back-to-back 4-7 seasons and a disappointing 2-4 start to the 2010 campaign, Mose Rison has been replaced as head football coach at North Carolina Central University. Assistant head coach Darryl Bullock will serve as interim head coach for the remainder of the season.

"While we appreciate the passion and commitment that Coach Rison has shown, we feel at this time that a change in the leadership and command of our football program is needed," said NCCU Director of Athletics Dr. Ingrid Wicker-McCree.

"As we have moved through the Division I transition process, we have established high expectations for our football program to become one of the best in the MEAC," Wicker-McCree said. "However, we must continue to improve in all aspects of the football program in order to reach those aspirations. We will begin the process to hire our next head football coach immediately, with a goal of having someone in place by the beginning of next year (January 2011)."

Rison will be reassigned to another position within the athletics department. He has one year remaining on his current contract.

Bullock is in his fourth season as assistant head coach and offensive line coach at NCCU.

The Eagles host undefeated MEAC foe Bethune-Cookman University on Saturday (Oct. 23) at 2 p.m.

- end -

MEDIA NOTE:

- Tuesday's regularly-scheduled NCCU weekly football press conference will not be held on Oct. 19, in an effort to allow the coaching staff to prepare for the upcoming contest.

- Interim head coach Darryl Bullock will participate in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference weekly teleconference on Tuesday morning. NCCU's time slot is 10:23 a.m., but the teleconference often runs ahead of schedule, so members of the media are advised to call at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time. Credible media outlets may access the teleconference via telephone by calling (888) 599-8685. Dial confirmation code 2682549 to reach the operator and join the conference.

WestCoastAggie
October 18th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Broadway is going home!

WileECoyote06
October 18th, 2010, 11:19 AM
I called it WCA. I said on onnidan if he didn't have the ship righted by the GSU game; we needed to can him. We should be 5 - 1 and in the top 40 right now.

The fans and boosters deserved better. We've made gameday at NCCU big time; we've given plenty of dollars; we're funding 60 scholarships. They needed to do this to show the fans we're committed to winning.

WestCoastAggie
October 18th, 2010, 11:30 AM
I called it WCA. I said on onnidan if he didn't have the ship righted by the GSU game; we needed to can him. We should be 5 - 1 and in the top 40 right now.

The fans and boosters deserved better. We've made gameday at NCCU big time; we've given plenty of dollars; we're funding 60 scholarships. They needed to do this to show the fans we're committed to winning.

So this means Central has the Ca$h to bring back Coach Broadway or another coach of his or better caliber?

WileECoyote06
October 18th, 2010, 11:34 AM
So this means Central has the Ca$h to bring back Coach Broadway or another coach of his or better caliber?

I don't know. I know Bill Hayes f'd us by signing Rison to a five year contract in the first place and then he left. So maybe we'll have to delay our stadium renovations for a few years; but it's worth it.

Remember Broadway was an unknown when we hired him (on his third try for the job. . lol). So that was really lucky. Hopefully lightning will strike twice because we have the talent. Who knows maybe given the opportunity to call his own offense, Coach Bullock finishes the year with five straight wins (highly doubtful; but I can dream). Bethune-Cookman and ODU are the toughest teams left on our schedule, and we get them both at home.

glsjunior
October 18th, 2010, 02:41 PM
I knew something would happen. NCCU alumni came deep to the game and they were all pissed off. I would say "good game" to someone and they just looked away like "yeah yeah"

WileECoyote06
October 18th, 2010, 02:45 PM
I knew something would happen. NCCU alumni came deep to the game and they were all pissed off. I would say "good game" to someone and they just looked away like "yeah yeah"

We're passionate about the team. You don't have have to compete for a conference championship every year. . but we expect our team to be disciplined, and you to put them in the best position to win.

superman7515
October 18th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Hmm. There's a Brewster fella available in the Minnesota area...

mikebigg
October 18th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Broadway is going home!

I doubt it...