PDA

View Full Version : Lamar, Georgia State '10 - Does Not Count Towards Div I Win Total

TexasTerror
October 17th, 2010, 05:18 PM
FYI -

Received word today that Lamar does not count towards the seven Division I games typically needed to earn an at-large spot in the playoffs.

With this in mind, must assume the same for Georgia State.

We had been batting this back and forth prior to the season and that's the answer that I received from SHSU when asking about the subject.

As we all know - South Alabama is 'unclassified' this year and does not count either.

AxeEmJacks
October 17th, 2010, 06:31 PM
At this point in Lamar's season does it really matter?

TexasTerror
October 17th, 2010, 06:58 PM

It matters for SHSU. We have to post an 8-3 mark...

Could matter for SFA if you guys begin to lose a few games over the next few weeks...

houtexan
October 18th, 2010, 09:27 AM
FYI -

Received word today that Lamar does not count towards the seven Division I games typically needed to earn an at-large spot in the playoffs.

With this in mind, must assume the same for Georgia State.

We had been batting this back and forth prior to the season and that's the answer that I received from SHSU when asking about the subject.

As we all know - South Alabama is 'unclassified' this year and does not count either.

TT, can you back this up with source, etc.? Just curious.

panama
October 18th, 2010, 10:35 AM
We're classified as reclassifying/provisional this year so TT would be right.

SumItUp
October 18th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Does a win against ODU count?

TexasTerror
October 18th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Does a win against ODU count?

ODU is year #2 - so they are a different commodity.

Rec'd confirmation from SHSU when I sent an inquiry into it, now that SHSU could potentially play itself into a playoff bid.

SumItUp
October 18th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Does a different commodity count?

TexasTerror
October 18th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Does a different commodity count?

Yes. ODU counts.

Lamar, Georgia State and South Alabama do not.

glsjunior
October 18th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Yes. ODU counts.

You probably wouldn't get it anyway.

LouiseBFree
October 18th, 2010, 01:38 PM
"For a four-year period beginning August 9, 2007, no institution may begin the Division I provisional or reclassification membership process (including the exploratory process), no institution may begin the multidivisional membership reclassification process, no institution shall be permitted to seek classification or reclassification in the Football Championship Subdivision, and no new single-sport or multisport conference shall be elected to Division I conference membership. (Revised: 8/9/07, 11/1/07)"

Old Dominion was provided a waiver due to its planning in advance of the moratorium, the others did not receive such consideration.

panama
October 18th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Thank You!

I knew someone had access to the answer somewhere.

"For a four-year period beginning August 9, 2007, no institution may begin the Division I provisional or reclassification membership process (including the exploratory process), no institution may begin the multidivisional membership reclassification process, no institution shall be permitted to seek classification or reclassification in the Football Championship Subdivision, and no new single-sport or multisport conference shall be elected to Division I conference membership. (Revised: 8/9/07, 11/1/07)"

Old Dominion was provided a waiver due to its planning in advance of the moratorium, the others did not receive such consideration.

El Gato
October 18th, 2010, 05:53 PM

Also matters to McNeese who is now not eligbile for an at large bid with their loss to LSU on Sat.

caribbeanhen
October 18th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Yes. ODU counts.

What we dont know is just how good is USA this year? I think you should drop the second MEAC team and pick them up xnodx