PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-16

JALMOND
October 14th, 2010, 01:32 AM
So far I am at 32-4 for the year, but hoping for more. This week is pretty interesting within the conference as the top three are all on the road. Good teams seem to find ways to win on the road so this week could have some surprising results. Here are this week's Big Sky predictions. Sacramento State is off this week, but the others are playing conference games. As usual, all are my opinion and I am hoping for perfection.

EWU @ UNC---The Eagles have shown a way to win without Jones. The games have been far from pretty, but as long as the Eagles get the "W", they will take them. The Bears thought this year could be special, then they came crashing down at Sacramento State last week. The Eagles might need another game to gel in case Jones is out. This may be the one...EWU 29, UNC 17.

UM @ PSU---This game is interesting in many ways. The Grizzlies have shown some new life since starting the year 1-2 (0-2 in FCS play) while new coach Burton has breathed some life into this Vikings squad. Last week, the Grizzlies prepared for this game by dispatching Idaho State, while the Vikings were at Montana State, giving them quite a tussle at the beginning anyway. What does this all mean for this game. Vikings are close, but the Grizzlies are still the Griz...UM 31, PSU 26.

MSU @ NAU---The game of the week in the conference as the Bobcats head on the road to face the Jacks. A must win for the Jacks after last week's loss at Eastern Washington. The Bobcats would like to knock off a strong conference opponent off, especially on the road and especially in a place like the Skydome. The Jacks need it, but will they get it?...MSU 27, NAU 25.

WSU @ ISU---Last week, the Wildcats took a bye while the Bengals were getting thrashed by Montana, revenge for last year. The Wildcats are still trying to find their team beyond Higgins and still have opportunities to make a difference. The Bengals, however, are emerging as the Bengals of old, just hoping for a win. Do they get a win this week at home?...WSU 20, ISU 10.

32-4 hoping for perfection. Strange to take all road teams, but it is what it is.

wapiti
October 14th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Being the higher ranked teams are on the road this week, makes the predictions a bit tougher to make.

EWU 27 @ UNC 32---The Griz took care of UNC in Greelly, and EWU beat the Griz in a squeeker in Cheney. That logic would say EWU wins this game. But I am going to go against that logic this week and pick UNC to take a home field W.

UM 32 @ PSU 24---As long as the Griz do not have the mistakes they had against Cal Poly and EWU they will win. Since the Griz showed few problems against UNC and ISU, they may have put those mistakes behind themselves and will win.

MSU 24 @ NAU 22---The BSC game of the week and the toughest prediction to make. My homerism wants me to pick MSU and MSU is higher ranked, but NAU is good and is at home.
I take Jalmond's stance and say the best teams finds a way to win.

WSU 27 @ ISU 24--- I still say ISU is improved over last year, but will it be enough to take a W over WSU at home. This will probably be a close game and could come down to who has the ball last.

Walkon79
October 15th, 2010, 10:21 AM
EWU 20 @ UNC 24 Wishfull thinking?
UM 31 @ PSU 35 Wishfull Thinking #2?
MSU 40 @ NAU 24
WSU 21 @ ISU 17

Probably wrong on the first two, but oh well!!

Squealofthepig
October 15th, 2010, 12:45 PM
EWU @ UNC - Eagles focus and take care of business
UM @ PSU - Griz in a high-scoring but close game
MSU @ NAU - The Cats looked vulnerable at home last weekend and may be tired after the most ridiculous BSC game of the year. Jacks are due for an upset
WSU @ ISU - Should be a close one. Idaho State is a better team than most give credit.

EdubAlum
October 15th, 2010, 01:30 PM
MSU @ NAU - The Cats looked vulnerable at home last weekend and may be tired after the most ridiculous BSC game of the year. Jacks are due for an upset
WSU @ ISU - Should be a close one. Idaho State is a better team than most give credit.

I like your picks. I'll take NAU over montana also....playing at 7k feet is never easy, even for Montana boys

Walkon79
October 15th, 2010, 03:47 PM
I like your picks. I'll take NAU over montana also....playing at 7k feet is never easy, even for Montana boys

State

We practice and play at 5,000 ft so no biggy!!

Jacked_Rabbit
October 15th, 2010, 03:52 PM
This Rabbit will be in the house for the Montana St. @ N. Arizona game... Looking forward to watching a closely contested Big Sky match-up!

CopperCat
October 16th, 2010, 02:56 PM
NAU doesn't have the offense to put up enough points on MSU to win. Their secondary has also been exposed repeatedly this year, which McGhee surely already knows. The MSU defense played MUCH better than they did vs. Sac State against PSU last weekend. Conrad Burbank returns for the D-line which will certainly help things for MSU. It won't be a blowout, but I don't think this one will be close past the third quarter.

EdubAlum
October 16th, 2010, 06:19 PM
NAU doesn't have the offense to put up enough points on MSU to win. Their secondary has also been exposed repeatedly this year, which McGhee surely already knows. The MSU defense played MUCH better than they did vs. Sac State against PSU last weekend. Conrad Burbank returns for the D-line which will certainly help things for MSU. It won't be a blowout, but I don't think this one will be close past the third quarter.

NAU 21 Montana State 0
2nd quarter

EdubAlum
October 16th, 2010, 06:30 PM
NAU 21 Montana State 0
2nd quarter

28-0 at halftime....so much for NAU not having any offense

jwa2000
October 16th, 2010, 06:47 PM
MSU with 19 yards of offense in the first half.

wapiti
October 16th, 2010, 08:20 PM
The bobcats choked and NAU played a very good game. Kudos to NAU and MSU has several issues to work on.

Squealofthepig
October 16th, 2010, 10:40 PM

Holy crap! Even a blind hog finds a truffle now and again.

EWU/UNC was closer than I would have thought - UNC has some solid defense. EWU did stay focused and pulled it out.

UM/PSU - Directionally right, but this was the ugliest Big Sky game I've seen in a LOOOONG time. Griz wanted to lose less than Portland State.

NAU made the Cats look downright tame. A good Saturday for Jacks fans (both NAU and SDSU)

And Weber pulled out a close one.

Lots of parity in the Big Sky; I don't think the Griz should get JAlmond's top spot in his weekly rankings given how horrid the Griz played today; I'd give that honor back to EWU, personally.

uofmman1122
October 16th, 2010, 11:50 PM
Lots of parity in the Big Sky; I don't think the Griz should get JAlmond's top spot in his weekly rankings given how horrid the Griz played today; I'd give that honor back to EWU, personally.I wouldn't. They played downright terribly until the very end of the game.

I think the Griz and EWU should be tied at #2 in conference. No team apparently wants to be the best team this year. xlolx

Squealofthepig
October 17th, 2010, 01:02 AM
I wouldn't. They played downright terribly until the very end of the game.

I think the Griz and EWU should be tied at #2 in conference. No team apparently wants to be the best team this year. xlolx

That's fair enough. Outside of Delaware, no team seems to be stepping up and claiming any major conference for their own. (And App, but I think the Terriers may have something to say about that, too).

What a weird, wild season.

JALMOND
October 17th, 2010, 01:53 AM
So far I am at 32-4 for the year, but hoping for more. This week is pretty interesting within the conference as the top three are all on the road. Good teams seem to find ways to win on the road so this week could have some surprising results. Here are this week's Big Sky predictions. Sacramento State is off this week, but the others are playing conference games. As usual, all are my opinion and I am hoping for perfection.

EWU @ UNC---The Eagles have shown a way to win without Jones. The games have been far from pretty, but as long as the Eagles get the "W", they will take them. The Bears thought this year could be special, then they came crashing down at Sacramento State last week. The Eagles might need another game to gel in case Jones is out. This may be the one...EWU 29, UNC 17.

UM @ PSU---This game is interesting in many ways. The Grizzlies have shown some new life since starting the year 1-2 (0-2 in FCS play) while new coach Burton has breathed some life into this Vikings squad. Last week, the Grizzlies prepared for this game by dispatching Idaho State, while the Vikings were at Montana State, giving them quite a tussle at the beginning anyway. What does this all mean for this game. Vikings are close, but the Grizzlies are still the Griz...UM 31, PSU 26.

MSU @ NAU---The game of the week in the conference as the Bobcats head on the road to face the Jacks. A must win for the Jacks after last week's loss at Eastern Washington. The Bobcats would like to knock off a strong conference opponent off, especially on the road and especially in a place like the Skydome. The Jacks need it, but will they get it?...MSU 27, NAU 25.

WSU @ ISU---Last week, the Wildcats took a bye while the Bengals were getting thrashed by Montana, revenge for last year. The Wildcats are still trying to find their team beyond Higgins and still have opportunities to make a difference. The Bengals, however, are emerging as the Bengals of old, just hoping for a win. Do they get a win this week at home?...WSU 20, ISU 10.

32-4 hoping for perfection. Strange to take all road teams, but it is what it is.

Looks like 3-1 this week, brings my totals to 35-5. Missed only the MSU/NAU game.

JALMOND
October 17th, 2010, 01:55 AM
I wouldn't. They played downright terribly until the very end of the game.

Seems to be the kiss of death, even in FBS. Seems like no one wants to be #1 in any conference at any level.