Upset GW 21-17
CCU 27-14

SBU @ Lafayette Seawolves sink Leopards 28-14
Flames torch Keydets 59-6
Bucs make Runnin Bulldogs walk the plank 35-24
Chants conquer Blue Hose 21-10

Seawolf97
October 14th, 2010, 10:26 AM
My gut tells me the CSU-GWU matchup is going to be a close one. Two equally balanced teams -call it a pick 'um .

kdinva
October 14th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Stony Brook 37; Layfayette 12
Liberty 34; VMI 19
Gard-Webb 23, CSU 21
CCU 28, Presby. 10

IaaScribe
October 14th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Liberty is not scoring 50-plus against VMI. The Keydets' defense is greatly improved over last season. I'd be surprised if LU even got past 35.

elcid83
October 14th, 2010, 03:03 PM
The last 4 years, the home team has won the GW - CSU game. This year GW gets the opportunity to break this cycle when they travel to Charleston. Looking forward to a great game after a week off.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

BJuice
October 14th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Stony Brook v. Lafayette
VMI. v. Liberty
Charleston Southern v. Gardner-Webb
Presbyterian v. Coastal Carolina

Stony over Lafayette...28-13
Liberty over VMI...35-13
Charleston Southern over Gardner-Webb...34-21
PC over Coastal...16-13

Libertyfan82
October 15th, 2010, 01:40 AM
My gut tells me the CSU-GWU matchup is going to be a close one. Two equally balanced teams -call it a pick 'um .

If thier backup qb plays as well as he did against us, I see CSU winning this one, especially considering they're playing at home in an intimidating atmosphere.

Schfourteenteen
October 15th, 2010, 09:24 AM
IMO Gardner Webb is not the underdog. It's not November yet. xlolx

Stony Brook
Liberty
Gardner Webb
Presbyterian - I feel like they're going to make someone look stupid this season. Maybe Liberty.....although they already had their embarrassing loss this year.

BJuice
October 15th, 2010, 07:38 PM
If thier backup qb plays as well as he did against us, I see CSU winning this one, especially considering they're playing at home in an intimidating atmosphere.

Our backup (Andrew Trudnowski) should play very well. Last week he played well against Liberty in an emergency situation with little (virtually no) preparation.

The unselfishness of his quarterback (Trudnowski) was not lost on (Head Coach, Jay) Mills. “The thing that I really appreciate was the selfless love and unity of this team, this is what Charleston Southern football is all about,” said Mills. “We have had the intangible things such as the quality of the people in our program, as evidenced by Andrew. He didn’t even stutter, I said ‘Get warmed up’ and he said ‘Yes sir’ and came out and competed hard. I know he did not have nearly the reps in practice that he would have liked, but I thought it was an inspiring performance by Andrew.”

The starter for this week's game against Gardner-Webb, the Buccaneer offense is now in the capable hands of Trudnowski, who threw for more than 6,200 yards and 50 touchdowns in two seasons at LA Harbor College before joining the Bucs. In seven games as the backup last year, Trudnowski completed 50 percent of his passes with only one interception, including a 9-for-17 effort against the Florida Gators.

Keenan
October 15th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Liberty @ VMI will be shown on ESPN3.com as well as ESPNGamePlan

BJuice
October 15th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Gardner-Webb @ Charleston Southern will also be shown on ESPN3.com.

jmufan999
October 16th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Liberty is not scoring 50-plus against VMI. The Keydets' defense is greatly improved over last season. I'd be surprised if LU even got past 35.

huh? VMI is 75th in scoring defense so it's not like they're setting the world on fire. 16th ranked offense vs. 75th ranked defense... they might hit 50. it's possible, anyway.

SBUFAN33
October 16th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Another disappointing loss for the brook. Just can't pull it out on the road. 21-28

IaaScribe
October 16th, 2010, 03:19 PM
huh? VMI is 75th in scoring defense so it's not like they're setting the world on fire. 16th ranked offense vs. 75th ranked defense... they might hit 50. it's possible, anyway.

VMI was 36th in total defense but terrible again in turnover margin, which I think is why they were so bad in scoring defense. Anyway, they've looked awful today.

rogers3
October 16th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Another disappointing loss for the brook. Just can't pull it out on the road. 21-28

I thought that SB would win this- even in a down year, Lafayette seems to bring it when playing a BS opponent.

BJuice
October 16th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Gardner-Webb @ Charleston Southern postgame thoughts...

Gerald Stevenson

He is an absolute warrior. He shattered the Big South Conference and Charleston Southern record for all purpose yadage with 389 including two kickoff returns for touchdowns. Gardner-Webb had no answer for him and could not stop him. He could barely walk off the field, but continued to fight. After his second kickoff return for a TD, he took oxygen on the sideline. He was completely spent.

Our first drive of the game today we completely gashed the GWU defense running the ball. They looked soft up the middle and gave up major chucks of yardage to the rush. Did we stay with it? No. Why not? I have no idea. We knew going into the game that GWU had a strong pass defense. We saw that they were soft against the rush and weak up the middle against the rush. Why not stick with the run?

Where was B.J. Hackworth? He is a bruising running back. He is a prototypical 3rd down back. So, late in the game we have a critical 3rd down and 1.5 yards to go. Instead of giving it to him and going straight up the gut at their weakness, we pitch the ball outside causing us to lose yardage and punt.

Too many bad penalties.

Too many dropped passes.

The last three FCS games we have played have been extremely disappointing. Late game execution has caused us lose all three when we were in position to win them. It is a lack of discipline, lack of execution, and just an overall lack of concentration to put together a complete effort.

We are 2-4. The expectations were much higher. Truth is, the 2 wins were against D-2 teams. Yes, we have yet to post a win against another FCS team. While I know the wins are coming, it is very frustrating. Best case scenario as I see it is we win 3 of our last 5. That leaves us at 5-6 overall and 3-3 in conference. If so, that is not acceptable.