PDA

View Full Version : Congrats To UNH's Kreider and other former I-AAers

UNH 40
February 5th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Congradulations to UNH's Dan Kreider, the former fullback for UNH in the late 90's is now a Superbowl Champion. He has made UNH proud. Best blocking back inthe NFL in my opinion. Also congrats to I-AAers Aaron Smith of Norther Colorado, Sean Morey of Brown, and Russell Stuvaints of Youngstown State.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
February 5th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Because I'm a Patriots fan, when I watch the Steelers I watch Kreider rather than the ball. It has been a fascinating way to look at a football game! I've been pleasantly surprised at how often Kreider has executed really good blocks. Tonight was no different. I'd loved to see how he grades out in games!!

40, did you happen to see Sports Illustrated when they had the picture of Bettis on the ground after that fumble against the Colts? Over on the right hand side, Kreider is laying the lumber to a Colt!

Very happy for Kreider because he's worked his butt off to make the Steelers and took advantage of his opportunity when it presented itself that year the first and second string fullback went down with injuries.

Second UNHer to win a Super Bowl ring, pretty cool stuff!

umassfan
February 6th, 2006, 01:40 AM
Congradulations to UNH's Dan Kreider, the former fullback for UNH in the late 90's is now a Superbowl Champion. He has made UNH proud. Best blocking back inthe NFL in my opinion. Also congrats to I-AAers Aaron Smith of Norther Colorado, Sean Morey of Brown, and Russell Stuvaints of Youngstown State.
You forgot Mark Whipple who becomes I believe the first coach to have a I-AA ring and superbowl ring. :)

February 6th, 2006, 02:39 AM
You forgot Mark Whipple who becomes I believe the first coach to have a I-AA ring and superbowl ring. :)Ryan Hannam had a good game too!

Lehigh Football Nation
February 6th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Don't know who heard this, but Hannam and Morey's names were dropped by Al Michaels and Chris Berman during the pregame. Al said something dopey like, "Think Hannam, from Harvard, is doing a crossword puzzle before the kickoff?" To which Berman replied, "Maybe he's talking to Sean Morey of Brown!"

I always liked Berman.

UNHknowledge
February 6th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Berman is a Brown grad as well...not a football player though.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
February 6th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Ralph,

Maybe you can list all the I-AA players in the Super Bowl like you did in that in-game thread with Blukeys and Duke Dog. I didn't have the energy to wade through that thread again to locate it! xlolx

blukeys
February 6th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Ralph,

Maybe you can list all the I-AA players in the Super Bowl like you did in that in-game thread with Blukeys and Duke Dog. I didn't have the energy to wade through that thread again to locate it! xlolx

The thread is AGS Super Bowl Party, a 5 star thread begun by yours truly. Ralph did his homework and justified his Steelers bias by pointing out that the Steelers had more I-AA players than the Hawks. His comments are

Ralph

"really could not care less who wins this game but I like the Steelers because they have more I-AA on their team!

Pittsburgh Steelers
# Name, Pos, College
*35 Dan Kreider, FB, New Hampshire
*91 Aaron Smith, LDE, Northern Colorado
81 Sean Morey, FL, Brown
27 Willie Williams, LCB, Western Carolina

Reserve/Injured
33 Russell Stuvaints, SS, Youngstown State

Seattle Seahawks
*91 Chuck Darby, DT, South Carolina State
58 Isaiah Kacyvenski, ILB, Harvard
83 Ryan Hannam, TE, Northern Iowa

Reserve/Injured
85 Alex Bannister, WR, Eastern Kentucky"

Maverick
February 7th, 2006, 07:31 PM
I seem to remember reading somewhere that Whipple and Berman were classmates at Brown. They even did some pre-Superbowl thing that included Morey. That explains the Brown reference.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
February 7th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Thanks Blu!!!!

February 8th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Ralph,
Maybe you can list all the I-AA players in the Super Bowl like you did in that in-game thread with Blukeys and Duke Dog. I didn't have the energy to wade through that thread again to locate it! xlolxSomeone is not looking at their www.I-AA.org I see. It is listed on the front page!!

umassfan
February 8th, 2006, 05:35 AM
Someone is not looking at their www.I-AA.org I see. It is listed on the front page!!

But Ralph why isnt Whipple anywhere on that list?

GannonFan
February 8th, 2006, 09:49 AM
But Ralph why isnt Whipple anywhere on that list?

Did Whipple suit up? Maybe that explains Big Ben's poor performance - it wasn't really him, it was Whipple in disguise! It looks like a player list to me.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
February 8th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Someone is not looking at their www.I-AA.org I see. It is listed on the front page!!

Yes, that is true. I'm on my way to the woodshed. :asswhip: :asswhip:

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

umassfan
February 9th, 2006, 12:03 AM
Did Whipple suit up? Maybe that explains Big Ben's poor performance - it wasn't really him, it was Whipple in disguise! It looks like a player list to me.
The headline is former I-AA in NFL Super Bowl XL... therefore he should have been on that list... it does not say former I-AA PLAYERS... nuff said. Anything else?

February 9th, 2006, 01:33 AM
The headline is former I-AA in NFL Super Bowl XL... therefore he should have been on that list... it does not say former I-AA PLAYERS... nuff said. Anything else?"A total of nine former players from current I-AA participating schools are listed, three of whom are starters and two are on the injured/reserve list." Anything else? xlolx

umassfan
February 9th, 2006, 03:45 AM
"A total of nine former players from current I-AA participating schools are listed, three of whom are starters and two are on the injured/reserve list." Anything else? xlolx
Then SOMEONE writes their headlines bad..... anything else?

GannonFan
February 9th, 2006, 06:27 AM
Then SOMEONE writes their headlines bad..... anything else?

Man, just because you can't read two sentences into the story, which by the way, has the first few sentences on the initial page with the headline, doesn't mean that anything is amiss. Homerism can certainly make you blind to the obvious, as you so aptly demonstrate.

umassfan
February 9th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Man, just because you can't read two sentences into the story, which by the way, has the first few sentences on the initial page with the headline, doesn't mean that anything is amiss. Homerism can certainly make you blind to the obvious, as you so aptly demonstrate.
The headline on the link is the same... therefore again my point favors me... just because ralph and I-AA doesnt like Whipple... he still has done something no other coach has done in I-AA's history. Dont be jealous that Tubby or KC "too cool" Keeler dont have super bowl rings. Its quite alright!

GannonFan
February 9th, 2006, 06:53 AM
The headline on the link is the same... therefore again my point favors me... just because ralph and I-AA doesnt like Whipple... he still has done something no other coach has done in I-AA's history. Dont be jealous that Tubby or KC "too cool" Keeler dont have super bowl rings. Its quite alright!

You were supposed to take the Homerism glasses off - or are they just permanently attached??? :nod:

umassfan
February 9th, 2006, 08:09 AM
You were supposed to take the Homerism glasses off - or are they just permanently attached??? :nod:
No glasses just truth... if you cant handle the truth then you know the rest.... :nono:

February 9th, 2006, 05:34 PM
... just because ralph and I-AA doesnt like Whipple...???? Doesn't like Whipple? Where did you get that from? This ran on the front page of I-AA.org and is posted in my blog:

Atlantic 10 Conference Represented in Super Bowl XL
Thursday, February 02 2006 @ 04:37 PM CST
Philadelphia, PA – Former New Hampshire fullback Dan Kreider and former Massachusetts head coach Mark Whipple will look to lead the Pittsburgh Steelers past Seattle on Sunday in Super Bowl XL. ...
http://anygivensaturday.com/ralphblog/article.php?story=20060202163741386

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :nono: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: