View Full Version : SWAC's Duer Receives Contract Extension

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Not sure many of the SWAC fans will be too thrilled with this decision to renew the contract of their Commissioner... I have not read anything positive from TSPN regarding Duer as long as I can recall...

Birmingham, Ala. - The SWAC Council of Presidents/Chancellors and chairman George C. Wright, President of Prairie View A&M University, announced today that SWAC Commissioner Duer Sharp and the conference have agreed to a contract extension through 2014.

Sharp joined the SWAC staff as assistant commissioner in January 2004 and was named associate commissioner in June 2005. He was promoted to commissioner in January 2008. Some of the accomplishments and enhancements from which the conference has benefited under Sharp's leadership include:

Implementation and execution of the SWAC strategic and vision plan for 2008-2011
Implementation of conference-wide video editing and exchange solution (LRS/Dragon Fly Storm-digital) in the sport of football.
Development of a comprehensive program to improve overall team and officials' performance throughout all 18 SWAC sponsored varsity sports.
Negotiated exclusive conference-wide footwear agreement with Nike USA, Inc. in 2008.
Restructured exclusive conference-wide apparel and equipment agreements with Russell Athletic, Inc. and Spalding providing all member institutions with game uniforms, sideline apparel and game products in football, baseball, softball, men's and women's basketball, and volleyball.
Implementation of internet video exchange in the sports of men's and women's basketball
Negotiated extension with ESPN for the annual MEAC-SWAC Challenge in the sport of football.
Implemented instant replay for the SWAC Football Championship Game.

http://www.swac.org/genrel/101110aab.html

LouiseBFree
October 11th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Not sure many of the SWAC fans will be too thrilled with this decision to renew the contract of their Commissioner... I have not read anything positive from TSPN regarding Duer as long as I can recall...

http://www.swac.org/genrel/101110aab.html

Doesn't matter what fans feel, his bosses just gave him a four year extension. Must be doing something right.