PDA

View Full Version : GSU vs GSU

Redbirdz
October 11th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Is a Georgia Southern vs Georgia State game in the offing?

GaSouthern
October 11th, 2010, 03:41 PM
I e-mailed our AD a while ago about it and to read between the lines, he was not interested even though he said "we will look into it"

panama
October 11th, 2010, 03:46 PM
All posturing aside...that game would put 45k to 50k in the Dome.

GaSouthern
October 11th, 2010, 03:47 PM
All posturing aside...that game would put 45k to 50k in the Dome.

Southern brought 25K fans against Georgia, I think we would bring about 10K fans to Georgia State.

panama
October 11th, 2010, 03:57 PM
I think you would bring 10k from down state and maybe 5k to 8k would show up from the Atlanta area. On our side the student section would be full just because so many kids have friends at Southern.
Southern brought 25K fans against Georgia, I think we would bring about 10K fans to Georgia State.

Hammer22
October 11th, 2010, 04:06 PM
There was an AJC article about it, our AD was on record wanting it and Southern's AD didn't.

GSUGrad06
October 11th, 2010, 04:07 PM
I e-mailed our AD a while ago about it and to read between the lines, he was not interested even though he said "we will look into it"

This is different from what I've heard. I'll have to find the source but I think States' AD tried to reach out and Southern didn't show interest or didn't call back. I'll see if I can dig this up...

panama
October 11th, 2010, 04:20 PM
I think its safe to say both are true. Not mutually exclusive. Baker defitely is in the mold of the old BOR regents administrator just working until he can collect his pension. Dont make too many waves and dont stick out so you dont get hammered down. Very sad since Paulson is expandable to 50,000 I believe. But its the same thinking that has kept a state of now more than 10 million people stuck at 2 FBS (I-A) schools for 31 years.

This is different from what I've heard. I'll have to find the source but I think States' AD tried to reach out and Southern didn't show interest or didn't call back. I'll see if I can dig this up...

hippy@GSU
October 11th, 2010, 04:55 PM
There was an AJC article about it, our AD was on record wanting it and Southern's AD didn't.

Actually, when the writer of the article asked our AD about a game with GaSt, he commented that he hadn't really thought about it.

Umpire
October 11th, 2010, 05:02 PM
If this game happens, I'm designating that game week as my vacation week.

panama
October 11th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Right, that is the quote that I remember seeing. I remember thinking, "Just what does go through your empty mind". Seriously, having endured 20 years of crap administrators prior to the last 18 months I feel sorry for you guys.

Actually, when the writer of the article asked our AD about a game with GaSt, he commented that he hadn't really thought about it.

Achilles Return
October 11th, 2010, 05:07 PM
I don't mind welcoming them to Paulson, but State has a little ways to go before deserving a home and home with us.

hippy@GSU
October 11th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Right, that is the quote that I remember seeing. I remember thinking, "Just what does go through your empty mind". Seriously, having endured 20 years of crap administrators prior to the last 18 months I feel sorry for you guys.

You know it's bad when a GaSt fan feels sympathy for GSU. Though, a lot of GSU fans, myself included, rationalized that comment as a way for Baker to take a swipe at GaSt.

panama
October 11th, 2010, 05:17 PM
It could have been although I took it knowing his history as being caught off guard by a reporter.

You know it's bad when a GaSt fan feels sympathy for GSU. Though, a lot of GSU fans, myself included, rationalized that comment as a way for Baker to take a swipe at GaSt.

Hammer22
October 11th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Though, a lot of GSU fans, myself included, rationalized that comment as a way for Baker to take a swipe at GaSt.

I kinda got those undertones a little as well. But, it just doesn't make sense to me b/c I would want to hurry and play a new upstart team to show recruits who the top dog would is.

Redbirdz
October 11th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Careful. Jacksonville State fans thought we would stomp them too but they were surprisingly competitive.

JaxSinfonian
October 12th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Careful. Jacksonville State fans thought we would stomp them too but they were surprisingly competitive.

Yeah, but then everyone has been surprisingly competitive so far. At least no one's been competitive enough to win.

seantaylor
October 12th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Wouldn't be more than 30K there, 19k of them Southern fans.

panama
October 12th, 2010, 07:37 AM
You really do have issues. Love the random baseless one liners.

Wouldn't be more than 30K there, 19k of them Southern fans.