PDA

View Full Version : Southern Illinois - Stadium

Henny
October 11th, 2010, 12:23 PM
This was the first chance I got to see the new stadium in the game va No. Iowa on TV and it is SWEET. Press box and plenty of luxury suites. All seats are close to the field and hill for overflow. Also nice video board!

appfan2008
October 11th, 2010, 12:39 PM
staium?

SalukiJim
October 11th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Yeah and it even has bathrooms in the player locker rooms!xthumbsupx

Seriously the old "Mac" was such an eyesore. I remember back in H.S. we got to go to a game after the renovation in the mid-70's - 76 I think. And from that date until last year, they never painted the darn thing!

I did ask the AD if they're going to ever paint the new stadium and he said a lot of it is brick-and-mortar. So still waiting!

But it is a lot nicer, and a little less embarassing. Now if we could just find some consistency on the field...

jlandrus23
October 11th, 2010, 06:56 PM
I wish Indiana State would build a new stadium, but that won't be for quite some time.

SalukiJim
October 12th, 2010, 05:35 AM
I wish Indiana State would build a new stadium, but that won't be for quite some time.

And if TH is anything like C-dale, prepare for the b!+ching and wailing over "how can they spend that much on a sports venue?" type of questions. My response, since our old place was SEVENTY THREE years old, was this: If you want to have a FB program, then you have to build a new stadium at least ONCE PER CENTURY xlolx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 12th, 2010, 09:40 AM
And if TH is anything like C-dale, prepare for the b!+ching and wailing over "how can they spend that much on a sports venue?" type of questions. My response, since our old place was SEVENTY THREE years old, was this: If you want to have a FB program, then you have to build a new stadium at least ONCE PER CENTURY xlolx

Well, that gives us about another 25 years or so to get it done. xwhistlex xsmhx xnonono2x xnonono2x

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 12th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Well, that gives us about another 25 years or so to get it done. xwhistlex xsmhx xnonono2x xnonono2x

They'd likely have special access for people of advanced years by then......

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 12th, 2010, 08:28 PM
They'd likely have special access for people of advanced years by then......

They better since there's going to be a lot of us!!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx

Iwuvdatrees
October 13th, 2010, 10:52 AM
salukijim, I think ours may give your old one a run for it's money, it's ancient man...so much that when they wanted to do ancient ruins in Halo they wanted to look at our visitor locker rooms to come up with a good idea on what they looked like jk

SalukiJim
October 13th, 2010, 11:56 AM
salukijim, I think ours may give your old one a run for it's money, it's ancient man...so much that when they wanted to do ancient ruins in Halo they wanted to look at our visitor locker rooms to come up with a good idea on what they looked like jk

Part of the fun of the old stadium was to visit the online newspaper of the visiting team, the day after the game. To see how much they b!+ched about it! xlolx

Seriously, the visitor locker room had no johns in it. I saw several players from the visiting team head to the "public" bathrooms after the game, in uniform.xchinscratchx

Haven't played Halo but that sounds pretty bad!