PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League Week 5

bonarae
October 11th, 2010, 03:05 AM
We're now almost halfway through our very short season... and it's the last weekend of non-conference play for us.

My record into this week: 16-10

Predictions:

Close
Fordham at Yale
Brown at Princeton
Lehigh at Harvard
Blowout
Columbia at Penn
Colgate at Cornell
Holy Cross at Dartmouth

bulldog10jw
October 11th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Yale
Brown
Harvard
Penn
Colgate
Holy Cross

CFBfan
October 11th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Yale
Brown
Harvard
Penn
Colgate
Holy Cross
FU is at the Yale Bolw so they will play 2 opponents: Yale and the Yale ref's!!!

Ivytalk
October 11th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Yale
Brown
Harvard
Penn
Colgate
Holy Cross

I agree with your picks, except I'll take Dartmouth at home over HC. I alos think Columbia will give Penn a tough game.

'Gate93
October 11th, 2010, 09:40 AM
YALE
BROWN
HARVARD
COLUMBIA
'GATE
HOLY COW

Dane96
October 11th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Wow...who would have thought that Columbia-Penn would be the match many are interested in this week. Columbia has had a turnaround year...but all wins were at home. If they can go into Franklin and prove themselves on the road, taking home a win, then I would have to say they are in the driver's seat in the Ivy.

bulldog10jw
October 11th, 2010, 01:18 PM
FU is at the Yale Bolw so they will play 2 opponents: Yale and the Yale ref's!!!

As it should be. xthumbsupx

DJOM
October 11th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Princeton
Harvard
Columbia
Colgate
Dartmouth
Yale

Ivytalk
October 11th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Princeton
Harvard
Columbia
Colgate
Dartmouth
Yale

Dewd, I'd like to see Princeton beat Brown too, given what they did to us, but I don't think this is the year.

DJOM
October 11th, 2010, 09:22 PM
This is the week. Brown is going to underestimate us. We are going to complete passes, hold onto the ball and score touchdowns. I can feel the upset coming.

Green26
October 11th, 2010, 10:04 PM
I believe the Brown qb broke his arm prior to the last game, so that's hurting Brown.

Dartmouth is improved, but still hasn't shown that it's quite there. Has given up a TD on the first drive of every game, I believe. Could have beaten Yale. Momentum turned in 4th quarter, Dartmouth tied the game, and Dartmouth had the ball with about 2 minutes to go. Started a drive, with considerable excitement in the stands and apparent confidence on the field/sideline. And then Sweigger, the star back who seldom fumbles, got stripped after a screen pass completion, Yale recovered, and Yale drive far enough to kick the winning FG with no time left.

I think Dartmouth has enough talent to beat HC, but not saying they will.

Disappointing end to the game, but at least the Dartmouth women clobbered Yale in rugby about 37 to 5, and the men beat Brown 105 to 7. Big rugby reunion, including reunion of the Old Green rugby team that existed from late 70's to early 80's (which I founded), and reunion of 1973 Ivy championship football team. Jake Crouthamel, former coach and Syracuse AD, and Reggie Williams, former NFL linebacker, were there.

bulldog10jw
October 11th, 2010, 10:07 PM
This is the week. Brown is going to underestimate us. We are going to complete passes, hold onto the ball and score touchdowns. I can feel the upset coming.

Brown hasn't played that well since the Harvard game. Maybe this is your week.

kDex86
October 13th, 2010, 12:23 PM
I went a perfect 6-0 last week, bringing my season record to 18-8 so far:

Fordham
Brown
Harvard
Penn
Colgate
Holy Cross

CFBfan
October 13th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Brown hasn't played that well since the Harvard game. Maybe this is your week.

Maybe they can borrow the Yale Ref's for this game, then it's in the bag!!!

bulldog10jw
October 13th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Maybe they can borrow the Yale Ref's for this game, then it's in the bag!!!

They have to get their own. Our ref's are just that...OUR REF's.

We pay good money for those guys and don't lend them out to anybody. xnodx

bulldog10jw
October 13th, 2010, 05:22 PM
And then Sweigger, the star back who seldom fumbles, got stripped after a screen pass completion, Yale recovered, and Yale drive far enough to kick the winning FG with no time left.

Yale drove down to the Dartmouth 2 yard line and still almost missed the kick which glanced off the inside of the upright.

Yale has absolutely horrible special teams play, especially the kicking game. It cost them against Albany and almost cost them again at Dartmouth.

Ivytalk
October 13th, 2010, 06:35 PM
I went a perfect 6-0 last week, bringing my season record to 18-8 so far:

Fordham
Brown
Harvard
Penn
Colgate
Holy Cross

And what team do you support?

bulldog10jw
October 13th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Yale top two running backs are "questionable" Saturday. We may have to add a little extra to the ref's envelopes this week.

http://portal31nhr.blogspot.com/

Neither starting tailback Alex Thomas nor reserve Mordecai Cargill practiced today and both are questionable for Saturday's game against Fordham although Thomas would have to be considered more questionable than Cargill.

Thomas didn't return to Saturday's game against Dartmouth after injuring a rib while falling on the ball after a carry. Cargill was able to come back into the game despite dealing with an ankle injury.

"We'll wait and see," Yale coach Tom Williams said. "We have a few more days of practice. Our policy is you have to have some practice time before you play. He (Thomas) went to the doctor so we won't know more until later today. He fell on the ball awkwardly and they are going to have an MRI to see if there is any damage."

CFBfan
October 14th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Yale top two running backs are "questionable" Saturday. We may have to add a little extra to the ref's envelopes this week.

http://portal31nhr.blogspot.com/

Neither starting tailback Alex Thomas nor reserve Mordecai Cargill practiced today and both are questionable for Saturday's game against Fordham although Thomas would have to be considered more questionable than Cargill.

Thomas didn't return to Saturday's game against Dartmouth after injuring a rib while falling on the ball after a carry. Cargill was able to come back into the game despite dealing with an ankle injury.

"We'll wait and see," Yale coach Tom Williams said. "We have a few more days of practice. Our policy is you have to have some practice time before you play. He (Thomas) went to the doctor so we won't know more until later today. He fell on the ball awkwardly and they are going to have an MRI to see if there is any damage."

ha!! i appreciate your sense of humor

Green26
October 16th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Dartmouth comes back to beat Holy Cross 27-19, on 13 unanswered points in 4th quarter. The last score was a pick 6 with less than a minute to go. An important win for Dartmouth, to take away some of the sting of losing to Yale on last-second FG.

bulldog10jw
October 16th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Dartmouth comes back to beat Holy Cross 27-19, on 13 unanswered points in 4th quarter. The last score was a pick 6 with less than a minute to go. An important win for Dartmouth, to take away some of the sting of losing to Yale on last-second FG.

Nice win for Dartmouth. I thought they would have a hard time after two straight really tough losses. Glad to see them bounce back. Didn't they sweep their OCC games.

bonarae
October 16th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Something terrible happened to my Crimson after I slept during halftime. xnonono2x

Yale 7, Fordham 6 :)
Brown 17, Princeton 13 :)
Lehigh 21, Harvard 19 - what happened during the second half? A total breakdown? Injuries? xnonono2x
Penn 27, Columbia 13 :)
Colgate 44, Cornell 3 - Cornell has a very strong chance of going winless this year.
Dartmouth 27, Holy Cross 19 - I got my chances wrong :(

My new record: 20-12

ngineer
October 16th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Something terrible happened to my Crimson after I slept during halftime. xnonono2x

Yale 7, Fordham 6 :)
Brown 17, Princeton 13 :)
Lehigh 21, Harvard 19 - what happened during the second half? A total breakdown? Injuries? xnonono2xPenn 27, Columbia 13 :)
Colgate 44, Cornell 3 - Cornell has a very strong chance of going winless this year.
Dartmouth 27, Holy Cross 19 - I got my chances wrong :(

My new record: 20-12

Your guys need to learn how to 'break wind'!!xsmiley_wix Wind really effected the game and Lehigh took it in the third period to score all its points. Defense stood tall in the fourth.
I'm sorry to see this series end. Over the past 12 years, we've played 9 games and have won six of them, with all but two of them very close games. According to the broadcasters, the Crimson are not on Lehigh's future schedules for at least the next two years.

Go...gate
October 16th, 2010, 11:43 PM
Saw the game at Princeton Stadium. This is flat-out the worst PU club since Casciola's 1-8 1973 unit. Brown needed only to stop beating themselves to win the game.

DJOM
October 17th, 2010, 02:08 PM
If I may paraphrase:

"A Tale of Two Halves"

It was the best of times; it was the worst of times.

Princeton owned and controlled the first half; unfortunately football--much like fighting is a sport of rounds.

Sadly, we did not control the second half.