YSU - 1-2
SDSU - 1-2

-----
Lifted TJbison's post from bisonville.

Twentysix
October 10th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Here we go:

Saturday Oct. 9th

SDSU (1-4) @ Southern Ill. (3-3) 2:00pm - SDSU is better than there record, SIU is worse than there record

NDSU (4-2) @ Illinois St. (3-3) 2:00pm - Could go either way, both teams have gaping holes.

Missouri St (2-3) @ Indiana St. (3-2) 3:00pm - I dont have the heart to pick against the trees after last week

UNI (2-3) @ South Dakota (3-3) 4:05pm - USD is not as good as advertised.

Youngstown St (3-3) @ Western Illinois (4-2) 6:00pm - Western needs to lose again, tough call though.

Conference standings:

1. UNI - 2-1
1. ISU-B - 2-1
3. WIU - 2-2
3. YSU - 2-2
3. NDSU - 2-2
3. SDSU - 2-2
7. SIU - 2-2
8. ISU-R - 2-3
9. MSU - 1-2

My picks in bold.

I might of messed up some tiebreakers in the ranking, im doing it from memory.

Does MSU have a defense?

Rushing: M. Harris (MURR) - 30 CAR, 212 YDS, 2 TD

Receiving: M. Harris (MURR) - 9 REC, 213 YDS, 5 TD

Thats over 400 yards to one guy whos not a QB!?

Gil Dobie
October 10th, 2010, 09:39 PM
SDSU (1-4) @ Southern Ill. (3-3) 2:00pm SIU
NDSU (4-2) @ Illinois St. (3-3) 2:00pm NDSU is my homer pick
Missouri St (2-3) @ Indiana St. (3-2) 3:00pm Indiana St I'm on the bandwagon this week
UNI (2-3) @ South Dakota (3-3) 4:05pm UNI
Youngstown St (3-3) @ Western Illinois (4-2) 6:00pm WIU at home

Western_101
October 10th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Twenty Six I thought NDSU was going to destroy the 'Necks? it is gettin late though, you prob. got class tommorow at your comunity college (not refering to NDSU institution).

(shouldn't this thread be sponserd by something awesom like Bisonville.com)

Gil Dobie
October 10th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Twenty Six I thought NDSU was going to destroy the 'Necks? it is gettin late though, you prob. got class tommorow at your comunity college (not refering to NDSU institution).

I looked back and didn't see where Twenty Six said NDSU was going to destroy the necks? Maybe I missed something.

Western_101
October 10th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Twentysix has picked against the 'Necks every week, and made multiple disparaging comments along the way, and by the way your post response was like 6 min. you do good work checking all the archives.

Hows this NDSU has never beat the 'Necks in Fargo.

Gil Dobie
October 10th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Twentysix has picked against the 'Necks every week, and made multiple disparaging comments along the way, and by the way your post response was like 6 min. you do good work checking all the archives.

Could you produce the post please. Necks are from a good school, I have no problem with them.

Western_101
October 10th, 2010, 10:22 PM
There are multi. ref. you can choose to believe or not, you are asking me to go back and look up all the threads and link em?

Twenty six is prob, 14 years old and operating out of his moms basement. I don't particular care for his young bravado and lack of substatiation on his comments. That is my opinion.

BTW SDSU was the best team WIU has faced this year, (at least that night) they were rabbid.(no pun intended) Nobody wants that dubious distinction of being the first team ever to go 0-5 I thought WIU could win it but, christ, all I got to say is Minett is good, real good.

Gil Dobie
October 10th, 2010, 10:30 PM
There are multi. ref. you can choose to believe or not, you are asking me to go back and look up all the threads and link em?

Twenty six is prob, 14 years old and operating out of his moms basement. I don't particular care for his young bravado and lack of substatiation on his comments. That is my opinion.

BTW SDSU was the best team WIU has faced this year, (at least that night) they were rabbid.(no pun intended) Nobody wants that dubious distinction of being the first team ever to go 0-5 I thought WIU could win it but, christ, all I got to say is Minett is good, real good.

I used the search feature and didn't find the quote you stated. I did see it posted by some one else though. You can keep trying to change the subject, but it isn't real hard to use the search function on this site.

Western_101
October 10th, 2010, 10:39 PM
I didn't ref. a quote.

semantics.

TheBisonator
October 10th, 2010, 11:46 PM

I know 26 personally, and I can tell you he definitely is NOT 14 years old...

FargoBison
October 10th, 2010, 11:52 PM

I went back to check it out and he picked WIU three times from what I could tell. He did have some doubts about WIU and did say NDSU would rock them in one post. But it wasn't anything too terrible. Sure you don't have him confused with somebody else?

Twentysix
October 11th, 2010, 01:19 AM
I think westernonezeroone is mad about losing. I would be more worried if i were a WIU fan picking against western. :S

By no means do i hate your team. The team i like the least out of the MVFC is UNI. I dont know if that will change. I do dislike UNI's football team but thats a different story. :P

I will make sure to jump down your throat next time you pick against NDSU. lol.

Back to prognosticating if possible. Rib shots can come in after your picks.

Squealofthepig
October 11th, 2010, 01:29 AM
SDSU (1-4) @ Southern Ill. (3-3) 2:00pm
NDSU (4-2) @ Illinois St. (3-3) 2:00pm
Missouri St (2-3) @ Indiana St. (3-2) 3:00pm
UNI (2-3) @ South Dakota (3-3) 4:05pm
Youngstown St (3-3) @ Western Illinois (4-2) 6:00pm

I really can't figure out the valley this year, I should note. I like the Salukis at home vs. the Jackrabbits, but also can't believe SDSU just picked up their first win this past weekend. NDSU at ISU may be a coinflip, but the Bison seem to be doing enough to finally win games in the Valley (not a knock!). The Bears and Sycamores is a weird call - both teams seem markedly improved this year, but I think Indiana State gets some homefield momentum on their side and win a fourth game this year, quadrupling their number of wins over the previous two seasons. If I was betting, I'd probably bet on South Dakota, but no money's involved so I like UNI traveling to SD. And I think WIU rebounds and handles the Penguins at home.

But I could easily miss every single one of these and it wouldn't surprise me. The valley just boggles my mind this year. :)

T-Dog
October 11th, 2010, 02:09 AM
Conference standings:

WIU - 2-1
SIU - 2-1
UNI - 2-1
ISU-R - 2-2
ISU-B - 1-1
MSU - 1-1
NDSU - 1-2
YSU - 1-2
SDSU - 1-2

http://www.autostraddle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/george_bush.png

Clusterfudgery

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 11th, 2010, 06:23 AM
SDSU @ SIU Home team here

NDSU @ ISU NDSU is finding itself -- finally

MSU @ ISU Not on the Sycs bandwagon yet.

UNI @ USD Rooting for the yotes but UNI wins this

YSU @ WIU guins win this on the road

Sycamore51
October 11th, 2010, 06:45 AM
SIU by 10
Ill St by 3
IN State by 10
UNI by 14
WIU by 17

Professor Chaos
October 11th, 2010, 08:39 AM
I didn't ref. a quote.

semantics.

By all means, don't let the facts cloud your opinion.

leatherneck177
October 11th, 2010, 08:56 AM
SDSU (1-4) @ SIU (3-3) - Salukis back on track, win this one by 7.
NDSU (4-2) @ Illinois St. (3-3) - Bison win an easy one by 20.
Missouri St (2-3) @ Indiana St. (3-2) - Bears outscore Trees, win by 10.
UNI (2-3) @ South Dakota (3-3) - UNI wins by 16. Game is never in doubt.
Youngstown St (3-3) @ Western Illinois (4-2) - Necks get another one in the W column on Family Weekend, win by 13.

ST_Lawson
October 11th, 2010, 09:21 AM
SDSU (1-4) @ Southern Ill. (3-3) 2:00pm - SDSU is a great team even if their record doesn't show it. That being said, I think SIU is a better team that WIU is right now, and the game's at SIU in their new stadium. SIU by about 10.

NDSU (4-2) @ Illinois St. (3-3) 2:00pm - NDSU beat a decent YSU at the Ice Castle, ILST got blown out by a (better, but still not great) INST. NDSU by 14.

Missouri St (2-3) @ Indiana St. (3-2) 3:00pm - apparently they don't let the defenses on the field at some of these games. Sorry, I can't pick a team that gives up 72 points to a mediocre Murray State team. I'm going with the ones that put up 59 against a MVFC team. Final score: probably something silly like ISU 105 - MSU 83.

UNI (2-3) @ South Dakota (3-3) 4:05pm - Out of conference (at least for now), so kinda hard to pick this one. I have a feeling UNI will bring a lot of fans across the state to Vermillion, SD, won't be intimidated by a domed stadium, and will bounce back from last week's narrow defeat, winning by 14.

Youngstown St (3-3) @ Western Illinois (4-2) 6:00pm - I know, I'm a homer, but I'll almost always pick WIU. Leathernecks by 10 for their first dry home game of the season (crossing my fingers, weather channel says Saturday is supposed to be 74, sunny, 0% chance of precip)

MSUDuo
October 11th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Does MSU have a defense?

Rushing: M. Harris (MURR) - 30 CAR, 212 YDS, 2 TD

Receiving: M. Harris (MURR) - 9 REC, 213 YDS, 5 TD

Thats over 400 yards to one guy whos not a QB!?

I guess you don't go back into threads that you have posted in and read? That was not one guy. Not that helps our defense look any better.....

SIU
ISU(r)
MSU
UNI
WIU

ST_Lawson
October 11th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Was doing some checking on next week, and it's entirely possible that the MVFC could have 6 teams who are 2-2 in the conference.
You'd have to have:
(and this is not what I'm predicting will happen, nor what I hope happens, just saying it could)
NDSU over ILST
SDSU over SIU
USD over UNI
YSU over WIU

You'd end up with:
WIU, SIU, UNI, NDSU, YSU, and SDSU all at 2-2
ILST at 2-3
INST and MSU, winner would be 2-1, loser 1-2.

And if all that were to happen, technically either INST or MSU would have the best conference winning % at 2-1.
It'd also make it much less likely for any of the MVFC teams to make the playoffs with an at-large bid.

RabidRabbit
October 11th, 2010, 11:00 AM

xflaggedx W101. Smack in a non-smack thread. Warning Two. No MAS! xbangx

Jacked_Rabbit
October 11th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Was doing some checking on next week, and it's entirely possible that the MVFC could have 6 teams who are 2-2 in the conference.
You'd have to have:
(and this is not what I'm predicting will happen, nor what I hope happens, just saying it could)
NDSU over ILST
SDSU over SIU
USD over UNI
YSU over WIU

You'd end up with:
ILST at 2-3

And if all that were to happen, technically either INST or MSU would have the best conference winning % at 2-1.
It'd also make it much less likely for any of the MVFC teams to make the playoffs with an at-large bid.

That's crazy! I hope it happens - well, the SDSU beating SIU part of it, that is...

UNIFanSince1983
October 11th, 2010, 11:31 AM
http://www.autostraddle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/george_bush.png

Clusterfudgery

This made me laugh extremely hard! Good Work!!

X-Factor
October 11th, 2010, 11:40 AM
You'd have to have:
NDSU over ILST
SDSU over SIU
USD over UNI
YSU over WIU

You'd end up with:
ILST at 2-3

Looking at the non-conf schedules and results, I think it is safe to say that NDSU is about the only team (but possibly WIU as well) with a chance of an at-large bid. The other teams must win the conf.

unialum95
October 11th, 2010, 11:47 AM
You'd have to have:
NDSU over ILST
SDSU over SIU
USD over UNI
YSU over WIU

You'd end up with:
ILST at 2-3

Did I miss a big annoucement about USD and the MVFC? xlolx

arabian83
October 11th, 2010, 12:03 PM
SDSU (1-4) @ Southern Ill. (3-3) 2:00pm (SIU won't lose in their new stadium.....yet)
NDSU (4-2) @ Illinois St. (3-3) 2:00pm (ILS will be seething mad after their debacle in TH last week, but a close game)
Missouri St (2-3) @ Indiana St. (3-2) 3:00pm (ISU's defense is better than Murray State's defense, I think ISU will do a better job of holding the MSU offense in check)
UNI (2-3) @ South Dakota (3-3) 4:05pm (in the battle of dome teams I go with USD as UNI will fumble away another game, and the MVFC teams have been dreadful vs. OOC teams)
Youngstown St (3-3) @ Western Illinois (4-2) 6:00pm (two teams that should have won this past weekend, but lost close games in the final seconds. I'll give the nod to WIU since they're at home)

unialum95
October 11th, 2010, 12:13 PM
SDSU (1-4) @ Southern Ill. (3-3) 2:00pm (SIU won't lose in their new stadium.....yet)
NDSU (4-2) @ Illinois St. (3-3) 2:00pm (ILS will be seething mad after their debacle in TH last week, but a close game)
Missouri St (2-3) @ Indiana St. (3-2) 3:00pm (ISU's defense is better than Murray State's defense, I think ISU will do a better job of holding the MSU offense in check)
UNI (2-3) @ South Dakota (3-3) 4:05pm (in the battle of dome teams I go with USD as UNI will fumble away another game, and the MVFC teams have been dreadful vs. OOC teams)
Youngstown St (3-3) @ Western Illinois (4-2) 6:00pm (two teams that should have won this past weekend, but lost close games in the final seconds. I'll give the nod to WIU since they're at home)

If we do ever figure out how to protect the ball, we will be a very dangerous team. Until then we are a .500 team. That said:

SDSU @ SIU - If SDSU was more of a passing team, I'd give them the edge as I think a passing team will expose SIU's defense. That said, SIU by 10.
NDSU @ ILSU - Home game recovery for the Redbirds. The season hangs on this game for the birds and they win by 3.
MSU @ INSU - Are the trees for real? I think the Bears come ready to play and win comfortably.
UNI @ USD - UNI back on the old concrete turf in the mini-dome. I think UNI makes themseleves at home in the Dakota Dome, picks one QB, and wins in a confidence builder for the Panthers.
YSU @ WIU - Will WIU be around at the end of the season? I think this game gets makes them a serious contender. Necks by 7.

Iwuvdatrees
October 11th, 2010, 12:24 PM
SDSU@SIU-SIU is starting to come on. SIU
NDSU@Illinois State- This Illinois State team is going to be pissed..Illinois State
MSU@Indiana State- I honestly believe this game may be even uglier than the Illinois State game...Indiana State
UNI@USd- I have no idea to be honest, UNI
YSU@WIU- It's tough to play WIU on that field...WIU

Sycamore51
October 11th, 2010, 12:36 PM
I guess you don't go back into threads that you have posted in and read? That was not one guy. Not that helps our defense look any better.....

SIU
ISU(r)
MSU
UNI
WIU

Mo State does have a defense, they are ranked 117 out of 117. They might come to the Haute and beat us, who knows, but I like our chances having seen that. Ill St is 115 out of 117 by the way.

Twentysix
October 11th, 2010, 12:57 PM

SIU
ISU(r)
MSU
UNI
WIU

I revisited that thread later that day but didnt catch your post, Ill go look for it. Ahha that does bode a little better i guess. Maybe ESPN should start doing first 3 letters of the first name last name lol.

ST_Lawson
October 11th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Did I miss a big annoucement about USD and the MVFC? xlolx

Ah, whoops, you're right. USD over UNI would be a loss, but it wouldn't be an in-conference loss, therefore UNI would still be 2-1 in the conference, and tied with either INST or MSU.

UNIFanSince1983
October 11th, 2010, 02:17 PM
If we do ever figure out how to protect the ball, we will be a very dangerous team. Until then we are a .500 team. That said:

SDSU @ SIU - If SDSU was more of a passing team, I'd give them the edge as I think a passing team will expose SIU's defense. That said, SIU by 10.
NDSU @ ILSU - Home game recovery for the Redbirds. The season hangs on this game for the birds and they win by 3.
MSU @ INSU - Are the trees for real? I think the Bears come ready to play and win comfortably.
UNI @ USD - UNI back on the old concrete turf in the mini-dome. I think UNI makes themseleves at home in the Dakota Dome, picks one QB, and wins in a confidence builder for the Panthers.
YSU @ WIU - Will WIU be around at the end of the season? I think this game gets makes them a serious contender. Necks by 7.

I disagree with the part I bolded. I think a passing team has less of a shot against a strong SIU secondary. Granted they may have looked strong because we cannot pass, but that being said we rushed for 325 yards against the Salukis. That does not shout out 'strong rush defense' to me. I just wish we would have handed the ball of one of the four downs in overtime because that was what we were killing them with.

darell1976
October 11th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Saturday Oct. 9th

SalukiJim
October 11th, 2010, 02:37 PM
I disagree with the part I bolded. I think a passing team has less of a shot against a strong SIU secondary. Granted they may have looked strong because we cannot pass, but that being said we rushed for 325 yards against the Salukis. That does not shout out 'strong rush defense' to me. I just wish we would have handed the ball of one of the four downs in overtime because that was what we were killing them with.

Week to week we seem to get worse and worse on run defense, and lose another player in the defensive backfield. Pretty soon when we play MSU, we may have to add a 3rd digit to each side of the scoreboard xlolx

SalukiJim
October 11th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Mo State does have a defense, they are ranked 117 out of 117. They might come to the Haute and beat us, who knows, but I like our chances having seen that. Ill St is 115 out of 117 by the way.

Try not to break 100 on them, OK? Looking forward to getting our chance to either score (or give up) 100 against them in a few weeks!

MSUDuo
October 11th, 2010, 03:23 PM
I revisited that thread later that day but didnt catch your post, Ill go look for it. Ahha that does bode a little better i guess. Maybe ESPN should start doing first 3 letters of the first name last name lol.

No worries. Didn't want our defense to look worse than it already does. Wait, 117 of 117. Can't get any worse...

MplsBison
October 11th, 2010, 05:59 PM
SDSU - root for the Dakota teams over the rest
NDSU - no explanation needed
Missouri St - the battle of the two teams I want to see lose the most...MSU squeeked it out
UNI - need all the quality non conf wins we can get
YSU - MVFC is down this year -> anyone can beat anyone (except MSU and Ind St)

jacksfan29
October 11th, 2010, 06:07 PM
SDSU (1-4) @ Southern Ill - SDSU by 3, the Jacks get win #2 (homer pick)
NDSU (4-2) @ Illinois St. (3-3) 2:00pm - Illinois State at home by 7
Missouri St (2-3) @ Indiana St. (3-2) 3:00pm Indiana St by 14
UNI (2-3) @ South Dakota (3-3) 4:05pm UNI by 21, the Panthers physically dominate USD and put up well over 300 on the ground
Youngstown St (3-3) @ Western Illinois (4-2) 6:00pm WIU at home by 10 (Barr is one heck of a QB)

mgbison
October 11th, 2010, 06:40 PM
SIU - Home team. Not sold on SDSU's offense (Minnett's a dude, tob not so much)
NDSU - Any team that gets blown out by ISUb has serious issues. Bison by at least 14
MSU - I have no clue in this one.
UNI - by 21+, only if they fumble less than 3 times.
YSU - once again, no clue. (ndsu needs WIU to lose)

jlandrus23
October 11th, 2010, 06:53 PM
I can't wait until Indiana State travels to Fargo, so we can beat the pants off of NDSU, and finally shut up MplsBison.

MplsBison
October 11th, 2010, 07:14 PM
I can't wait until Indiana State travels to Fargo, so we can beat the pants off of NDSU, and finally shut up MplsBison.

Yep...I recall the exact same prediction last year when NDSU was 2-7 and playing in Terre Haute.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11844&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204832572

xcoffeex

mgbison
October 11th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Sorry, i just don't see ISUb winning in Fargo this year. I'd say Bison by 21+. However, at least their head coach has them going in the right direction and they have a couple of w's under their belt. They could be alright in a couple of years.

Iwuvdatrees
October 11th, 2010, 07:29 PM
I don't see Indiana State winning in Fargo either BUT...I don't see us losing by 21 either...It's just a tough road trip...

Iwuvdatrees
October 11th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Yep...I recall the exact same prediction last year when NDSU was 2-7 and playing in Terre Haute.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11844&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204832572

xcoffeex

Yeah MPLSBISON...since you havent responded to my message I am guessing that you arent man enough to speak to me at least over a cell phone...you are trash...less than an ant to me....

mgbison
October 11th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Hopefully both ISUb and NDSU can get w's this week. It would make a good matchup in 2 weeks. For any ISUb fans, you should think about making the trip to Fargo. We probably have one of the better tailgating atmospheres in the FCS. Its definitely worth making the trip if you're a diehard.

Iwuvdatrees
October 11th, 2010, 08:00 PM
MGBISON...I have been there once, as a player...it's a great place and I really enjoyed the people there...I think I may be able to make it any great tailgaters to reccomend?

X-Factor
October 11th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Well it is about dang time the Sycamores started winning enough so we could at least listen to a little smack from their fans! I believe this is a "New Beginning"! But for real, the playoff talk needs to stop. You guys have been a punching bag for decades, that kind of turnaround doesn't happen overnight. I am very happy to see our fellow conference mate start winning again though!

jlandrus23
October 11th, 2010, 08:04 PM
I won't be able to make the trip to Fargo this year, because I have school, but maybe next year when I am out of school, I might make the trip to see a game there, if ISU isn't playing that day.

Houndawg
October 11th, 2010, 08:04 PM

SIU has lost 3 of 4 starters in the secondary for the rest of the season, including an AA FS.

JSUBison
October 11th, 2010, 08:05 PM
MGBISON...I have been there once, as a player...it's a great place and I really enjoyed the people there...I think I may be able to make it any great tailgaters to reccomend?

If you are looking for a memorable tailgating experiance, you need to check out a little place called the rainforest.

Iwuvdatrees
October 11th, 2010, 08:12 PM
If you are looking for a memorable tailgating experiance, you need to check out a little place called the rainforest.

Skoal, I have been to 6 different FCS stadiums this year and 4 of them didn't include Indiana State in their game tell me of this rainforest...

arabian83
October 11th, 2010, 08:39 PM
I think the fact that Mplsbison picked MSU should seal up a win for ISU on Saturday

SDSU - root for the Dakota teams over the rest
NDSU - no explanation needed
Missouri St - the battle of the two teams I want to see lose the most...MSU squeeked it out
UNI - need all the quality non conf wins we can get
YSU - MVFC is down this year -> anyone can beat anyone (except MSU and Ind St)

Iwuvdatrees
October 11th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Arabian...I know I sound hateful but you may have just said the most intelligent thing all day...this guy doesnt know what the difference is between I form and Pro....

MSUDuo
October 11th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Like someone said on CS.com, Indiana State wins one D1 game and all of a sudden they can't be beat again. Ever.

Simply put, your team is just as bad, if not worse, than ours. So it shouldn't be a surprise that people pick against you. Nor does it surprise me that people are picking ISU over us.

Iwuvdatrees
October 11th, 2010, 09:16 PM
MSUDuo...I never said they couldn't be beaten...but you did just give up 72 points to a bad Murray State team so I don't think the worst defensive team in FCS football should be saying ANYONE is bad...

Iwuvdatrees
October 11th, 2010, 09:20 PM
once again MSUduo...I expect a GREAT game between the two of our teams...but I mean, I am not doggin guys who pick against us as much as I am dogging MPLSbison for being an uneducated fool

MplsBison
October 11th, 2010, 09:44 PM
I think the fact that Mplsbison picked MSU should seal up a win for ISU on Saturday

xnodx

They call me....the kiss of death.

Houndawg
October 11th, 2010, 10:45 PM
They call you the jabbering half-wit.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 12th, 2010, 06:17 AM

...."beat the pants off of NDSU"......really?

IMO, the game wont even be close....Bison by at least 2 TDs.

Sycamore51
October 12th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Well it is about dang time the Sycamores started winning enough so we could at least listen to a little smack from their fans! I believe this is a "New Beginning"! But for real, the playoff talk needs to stop. You guys have been a punching bag for decades, that kind of turnaround doesn't happen overnight. I am very happy to see our fellow conference mate start winning again though!

It actually did happen overnight for SIU. They sucked forever, then all of the sudden the were very good. We're not making the playoffs this year, but we don't have many seniors at all, so maybe there is hope for the future.

mgbison
October 12th, 2010, 07:54 AM
A quick question. Is there any team in the mvfc that isn't young this year? I know off the top of my head that NDSU, YSU, ISUb don't have much for upper classman. I think we have 15 freshman (true and redshirt) on our 2 deep, and we only have around 6 seniors.

I think WIU has something like 16 seniors. They are the only senior heavy team.

SalukiJim
October 12th, 2010, 07:54 AM
We went from 1-10 to 4-8 to 10-2 so yeah, Coach Kill did turn things around quickly. We had losing seasons for 17 of the 19 years prior to 2003...so there's hope, trees fans!

MplsBison
October 12th, 2010, 08:01 AM
We went from 1-10 to 4-8 to 10-2 so yeah, Coach Kill did turn things around quickly. We had losing seasons for 17 of the 19 years prior to 2003...so there's hope, trees fans!

But then again, a "losing season" can be 5-6.

If Ind St was going 5-6 routinely the last 10 seasons, they might have a change to turn things around. Not 0-11 or 1-10.

Iwuvdatrees
October 12th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Woah who said playoffs for Indiana State???? I know we all have to have the "Why not us" attitude but I don't believe Sycamore fans expect to win every single game...

Iwuvdatrees
October 12th, 2010, 08:11 AM

If Ind St was going 5-6 routinely the last 10 seasons, they might have a change to turn things around. Not 0-11 or 1-10.

so you are telling me teams that are terrible don't turn it around???? because there are about 80 different examples of you being wrong....but hey, you have no idea what you are talking about...how am I suprised?

Redbird Ray
October 12th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Winners 10/16/2010
Salukies - I have a terrible feeling the Salukies are still the class of the MVFC, which doesn't say much about the MVFC this year
Redbirds - desperation game for ISUR, if Spack has any control over the locker room whatsoever, the Birds respond with a huge effort
Leathernecks - Illinois directional sweep!
Sycamores - Trees are the real deal, and Mo State's D is actually worse than ISUR's
Panthers - Not sold on USD, Panthers win a close one on the road

On a side note, I still think the MVFC will garner 2 bids this year at the very least, especially with the expanded field. Even in a down year, the MVFC is still one of the top 4 leagues in all of FCS. Our conference champ and second place team will likely get bids, and NDSU and WIU may even be lucky enough to get bids with a third place finish. Now we may not be seeded as high as some might like, but we will get at least 2 in the tourney, if not more.

Sycamore51
October 12th, 2010, 09:20 AM

If Ind St was going 5-6 routinely the last 10 seasons, they might have a change to turn things around. Not 0-11 or 1-10. From 1989-2000 (pre Kill era) SIU averaged less than 4 wins a year, and ISU beat them 9 straight years from 94-02. You are new to MVCF/Gateway football, so you know very little about what you are talking about.

MSUDuo
October 12th, 2010, 09:54 AM
A quick question. Is there any team in the mvfc that isn't young this year? I know off the top of my head that NDSU, YSU, ISUb don't have much for upper classman. I think we have 15 freshman (true and redshirt) on our 2 deep, and we only have around 6 seniors.

Missouri State isn't young. Or wasn't suppose to be.

Since day one when Terry Allen was hired, he touted year 5 as the year to break through to the playoffs for the first time in 20 years. Pulled in a great recruiting class that first year and redshirted 99.9% of them the next year. They are now our 5th year seniors and we had 20 seniors in our 2-deep depth charts to begin the year. I say we were suppose to be "old" because we have been hit with the injury bug and now have guys playing all over the place. Hopefully we can get healed and some how turn this around.

SalukiJim
October 12th, 2010, 11:13 AM
From 1989-2000 (pre Kill era) SIU averaged less than 4 wins a year, and ISU beat them 9 straight years from 94-02. You are new to MVCF/Gateway football, so you know very little about what you are talking about.

Thanks for the research. Many of those years we would have killed to be 5-6!

Big Al
October 12th, 2010, 11:28 AM
SDSU (1-4) @ Southern Ill. (3-3)
NDSU (4-2) @ Illinois St. (3-3)
Missouri St (2-3) @ Indiana St. (3-2)
UNI (2-3) @ South Dakota (3-3)
Youngstown St (3-3) @ Western Illinois (4-2)

I can't believe I'm picking Indiana State! What a year...

sycamorefanboy
October 12th, 2010, 11:33 AM
southern ill
ndsu
sycamores
uni
western ill.

RabidRabbit
October 12th, 2010, 11:55 AM
After my perfect 0-4 in the MVFC Week 6, I'll try again....

SDSU (1-4) @ Southern Ill. (3-3) 2:00pm - Stig is baffled by Lennon again.
NDSU (4-2) @ Illinois St. (3-3) 2:00pm - Which Redbird team shows up? ISU(b) team?= NDSU win. SDSU team? ISU(r) wins.
Missouri St (2-3) @ Indiana St. (3-2) 3:00pm - Trees show they've turned corner, and aren't the doormat of MVFC.
UNI (2-3) @ South Dakota (3-3) 4:05pm - UNI visits the jr dome, and take down another FBS winning team.
Youngstown St (3-3) @ Western Illinois (4-2) 6:00pm - Barr & Co. at home show they're still a top MVFC team.

As an aside (semi Reffing) - there's been a LOT of personal name-calling in this thread. Please stop the call-outs, and personal attacks in this non-smack thread. Really have little interest in needing to xflaggedx any of the fine posters here. Great to see so many new Trees sprouting off here.

Sycamore51
October 12th, 2010, 11:59 AM
All of these people picking the trees makes me awful nervous. What team will show up, the one that has posted 50+ 3 times or the one that got whooped 40-7 by WIU?

jacksfan29
October 12th, 2010, 12:03 PM

I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but I believe SDSU has 6 underclassmen starting on offense

Iwuvdatrees
October 12th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Fair Enough rabid rabbit I just went off because a man who does no research and makes such broad accusations is quite annoying to me......

mgbison
October 12th, 2010, 12:10 PM
rabid rabbit,
maybe the the ISUr team that the beat the rabbits and got beat by ISUb is the same team. With that being said we'll see what happens when ISUb plays SDSU.xlolx

Redbird Ray
October 12th, 2010, 12:24 PM
The only thing ISUR fans know for certain is that this is the worst Redbird defense in the last 20 years, and our D-coord is likely not coming back next year.

Aside from that, everything else with this team is a complete crapshoot.

MplsBison
October 12th, 2010, 12:33 PM
From 1989-2000 (pre Kill era) SIU averaged less than 4 wins a year, and ISU beat them 9 straight years from 94-02. You are new to MVCF/Gateway football, so you know very little about what you are talking about.

Less than 4 wins a year >> 0 or 1 wins a year.

MplsBison
October 12th, 2010, 12:37 PM
After my perfect 0-4 in the MVFC Week 6, I'll try again....

SDSU (1-4) @ Southern Ill. (3-3) 2:00pm - Stig is baffled by Lennon again.
NDSU (4-2) @ Illinois St. (3-3) 2:00pm - Which Redbird team shows up? ISU(b) team?= NDSU win. SDSU team? ISU(r) wins.
Missouri St (2-3) @ Indiana St. (3-2) 3:00pm - Trees show they've turned corner, and aren't the doormat of MVFC.
UNI (2-3) @ South Dakota (3-3) 4:05pm - UNI visits the jr dome, and take down another FBS winning team.
Youngstown St (3-3) @ Western Illinois (4-2) 6:00pm - Barr & Co. at home show they're still a top MVFC team.

As an aside (semi Reffing) - there's been a LOT of personal name-calling in this thread. Please stop the call-outs, and personal attacks in this non-smack thread. Really have little interest in needing to xflaggedx any of the fine posters here. Great to see so many new Trees sprouting off here.

You don't find it a bit of a coincidence that all of a sudden there are 10 new accounts, all claiming to be Ind St fans, that all have < 50 posts and all have the same rhetorical style and grammatical errors? Come on...

Syc51 seems legit...but all the rest of them are one other guy.

MplsBison
October 12th, 2010, 12:40 PM
All of these people picking the trees makes me awful nervous. What team will show up, the one that has posted 50+ 3 times or the one that got whooped 40-7 by WIU?

I would argue that those are really three different teams:

1) beat Ill St with 50+ points - solid DI win
2) get killed by WIU - nominal Ind St loss
3) beat some non-DI teams - score/game irrelevent

unialum95
October 12th, 2010, 12:41 PM
I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but I believe SDSU has 6 underclassmen starting on offense

UNI starts 3 seniors on offense and 2 on defense (+1 on special teams). Two of the seniors on offense are the TE and the FB. We are really inexperienced and it is showing.

Sycamore51
October 12th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Less than 4 wins a year >> 0 or 1 wins a year.

I think in the past 11 seasons we are averaging a little over 3 wins per year, several 4 and 5 win season in that span, but you have only been around for the past 3 or 4 so that's all you know.

pather
October 12th, 2010, 12:44 PM

SIU has 4 players who have started in the secondary out for the season including 2 projected opening day starters (also including an all-american in mcelroy). while luke thuston has been tremendous we are essentially starting 2 3rd stringers and playing 3-4 freshman a game in the secondary. id advise to pass above anything else on SIU this year. as long as you dont throw at lindsey.

MplsBison
October 12th, 2010, 12:51 PM
I think in the past 11 seasons we are averaging a little over 3 wins per year, several 4 and 5 win season in that span, but you have only been around for the past 3 or 4 so that's all you know.

From Lou West through, so far, Trent Miles - Ind St football has hit rock bottom. 0 or 1 DI wins per year.

Non-DI wins do not count for anything.

Iwuvdatrees
October 12th, 2010, 12:54 PM
lol didnt ISU just win????? lol Hater...hater...you prolly already ignored me but hey I am not the one avoiding conversation...

Sycamore51
October 12th, 2010, 01:01 PM
From Lou West through, so far, Trent Miles - Ind St football has hit rock bottom. 0 or 1 DI wins per year.

Non-DI wins do not count for anything. We have been bad, no questioning that. I believe the post that started all of that was that SIU was very bad as well and made a turn for the better, so we can sit here and talk about the fact that the Sycamores have fallen on hard times lately if you'd like, but not sure why? Indiana State has made the playoffs more times than NDSU, but that doesn't have anything to do with this season either, so why keep bringing up old stuff?

Iwuvdatrees
October 12th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Syc51, this guy still thinks I am multiple guys...all of us on here why dont we just say our Sycamorepride accounts???? I am dgreenwell3 Football mod of Sycamorepride...

Sycamore51
October 12th, 2010, 01:14 PM
We've gotten so far off topic here, partly my fault, Which match-up appears to be the best this week? I'm thinking YSU and WIU will be a good one to watch.

bjtheflamesfan
October 12th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Ok I generally stay out of MVFC discussions (that is Referee's area mostly) but if you guys cant get yourselves in line we may BOTH have to start handing out xflaggedx to a whole lot of you

RabidRabbit
October 12th, 2010, 04:05 PM
We've gotten so far off topic here, partly my fault, Which match-up appears to be the best this week? I'm thinking YSU and WIU will be a good one to watch.

And SDSU @ SIU - One of these 2009 play-off teams will be knocked out of contention for an at-large. SDSU has been off to a terrible start of the season, but it was arguably the toughest four games any one faced to start the season. SIU slipped against teams that they were expected to beat handily. With Il St. beat by the Sycs, the MoValley is extremely bunched this year. And, other than NDSU, MoValley has not been highly successful in OOC games. Challenges ahead.

sycamorefanboy
October 12th, 2010, 05:36 PM

I dont think the wiu game really could tell us anything about the trees, as we gameplanned to play spread offense and couldnt due to the downpouring rain. I believe we are the team that just hung 59 on an ill.state team that was supposed to contend for the valley title. oh and by the way i am jno2879 on sycamorepride.com. I came on here because i heard there was a guy just being a complete tool about state. the funny thing is i looked and it seems there are quite a bit of people who dont care for this guy.

SalukiJim
October 12th, 2010, 05:56 PM
And SDSU @ SIU - One of these 2009 play-off teams will be knocked out of contention for an at-large. SDSU has been off to a terrible start of the season, but it was arguably the toughest four games any one faced to start the season. SIU slipped against teams that they were expected to beat handily. With Il St. beat by the Sycs, the MoValley is extremely bunched this year. And, other than NDSU, MoValley has not been highly successful in OOC games. Challenges ahead.

anybody making the looooong trip from Brookings to C-dale? Looks like a great weekend, weather-wise.

RabidRabbit
October 12th, 2010, 06:06 PM
After many 4? seasons of having no/little to celebrate, it's great to see a new crop of Sycamores leafing out this season. Your win vs Il St. was really surprising.

We (mgmt) look forward to many more spirited discussions. However, flaming is frowned upon. So trees, don't want anyone burned to start. Please take a moment to read the TOS. It's

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/announcement.php?f=2

Our resident Twin City Bison is uuuummmmm.... interesting? off-the-wall? Most long-term posters choose to let his words roll off their back.

Welcome to all the new posters, and look forward to a great season.

jlandrus23
October 12th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Yep, yell at the Sycamore fans, and let lonely MplsBison ridicule us all, and he gets away with it.

Indianastate45
October 12th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Southern Illinois (like the dogs at home)
NDSU (Illinois State giving up too many points)
Indiana State ( Another big game for the Trees as the win a shootout by at least 21... yes they are for real....hitting their stride in year three of the rebuilding project..this is not last year's team)
UNI (gotta support another MVC team in a close match)
Western Illinois (Western wins a close one at home)

UNIFanSince1983
October 12th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Indiana State has looked good (at times), but I am not convinced they will beat one of the top tier teams this year (Illinois State is not one). Luckily for this weekend Missouri State is not either. Heck I am not sure who is in the Valley this year. My problem is with Mpls saying you can't go from 0 and 1 win a season to being good. Let's look at the example of Prairie View A&M. This team set the record for longest losing streak EVER. They didn't win a game from 1989 to 1998. After that they were getting around 1 win per season. 2002 and 2003 they get 1 win in each season. 2004 it goes up to 3. 2005 they get to 5-6. 2006 they suffer a setback and go 3-7. 2007 though they break through with a 7-3 record. And then in 2008 and 2009 the Panthers go 9-1 each season. So this didn't happen over night, but it is entirely possible to go from terrible to actually good. I think the Sycs are heading in the right direction, and that will only be good for the conference!!

Indianastate45
October 12th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I totally agree it won't happen overnight. However, this year in the MVC there really isn't much that is clear about who is going to win or lose it all. In a normal year you could say a greatly improved ISU still can't beat "this team" but I'm not sure we can say that about many teams in the MVC right now. There are lots of good teams competing including Indiana State. The trees have 6 games left. Having seen them execute in person several times I wouldn't be surprised if they won another 4 or 5 games. 3 however is more realistic with good competition in the other 3. I know one thing for sure. I wouldn't want to play them at home where they feel comfortable. Road games for them will still likely be a learning process...but who knows...the MVC is all kinds of upside down.

MplsBison
October 12th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Indiana State has looked good (at times), but I am not convinced they will beat one of the top tier teams this year (Illinois State is not one). Luckily for this weekend Missouri State is not either. Heck I am not sure who is in the Valley this year. My problem is with Mpls saying you can't go from 0 and 1 win a season to being good. Let's look at the example of Prairie View A&M. This team set the record for longest losing streak EVER. They didn't win a game from 1989 to 1998. After that they were getting around 1 win per season. 2002 and 2003 they get 1 win in each season. 2004 it goes up to 3. 2005 they get to 5-6. 2006 they suffer a setback and go 3-7. 2007 though they break through with a 7-3 record. And then in 2008 and 2009 the Panthers go 9-1 each season. So this didn't happen over night, but it is entirely possible to go from terrible to actually good. I think the Sycs are heading in the right direction, and that will only be good for the conference!!

It is possible for Ind St to go from 0 to 1 DI wins per season to having winning seasons vs a full DI schedule.

But not in the MVFC, assuming the conference is at its usual level. This year it is down, which could explain why they won a game so far and could win another this weekend.

That only further proves my overall point: for Ind St to salvage its program, it needs to find a new home that is less competitive so that it can get more wins. Wins are the lifeblood of any team.

I would wager to guess that PVAM started playing less competitive teams in order to get the winning momentum rolling. That may have been through scheduling or by their conference getting weaker - not sure.

TheBisonator
October 12th, 2010, 10:29 PM
It is possible for Ind St to go from 0 to 1 DI wins per season to having winning seasons vs a full DI schedule.

But not in the MVFC, assuming the conference is at its usual level. This year it is down, which could explain why they won a game so far and could win another this weekend.

That only further proves my overall point: for Ind St to salvage its program, it needs to find a new home that is less competitive so that it can get more wins. Wins are the lifeblood of any team.

I would wager to guess that PVAM started playing less competitive teams in order to get the winning momentum rolling. That may have been through scheduling or by their conference getting weaker - not sure.

But they didn't change conferences......

Big Al
October 13th, 2010, 12:10 AM

Remember, PVAM plays in the SWAC -- which means they play a true round-robin schedule. That means they play only 2 OOC games per year, at most. They're kind of notorious for only scheduling 10 games.

mgbison
October 13th, 2010, 01:54 AM
Looking at Indiana State's record is a bit misleading. Who is St. Joseph's and Qiuncy? It will be interesting to see what they can do against teams that have a defense. It works in ISUb's favor that they have MSU this weekend where it will probably be another shootout. After that it could get ugly.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 13th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Remember, PVAM plays in the SWAC -- which means they play a true round-robin schedule. That means they play only 2 OOC games per year, at most. They're kind of notorious for only scheduling 10 games.

The SWAC is notoriously a bad conference and having any team "turning" it around probably would not be too difficult in that conference.

Having said that, I am looking forward to the Sycs coming to the FFD to see what they have this year.

Iwuvdatrees
October 13th, 2010, 08:52 AM
I am just going to pose a question and if anyone disagrees with me here please say, "Daniel, you are a gigantic tool and idiotic."
You talk about Indiana State being more competitive but is this Indiana State team not maybe twice as good as last year??? I mean this time last year Fouch was a quarterback at this little school called the University of Washington...Our offense was in shambles last year and we would regularly lose to teams by double digits (like we did to Illinois state last year) but now I think we are becoming MUCH more competitive and now you want to jump down our throats Bison??? but excuse me for saying this but I am not sure a team that has been in the conference for going on 3 seasons now really has much of a right to call for a team to be kicked out of the conference for any reason lol...But I know Indy State has had some rough ones and I don't expect us to win EVERY game this season but I do expect us to be competitive...

MplsBison
October 13th, 2010, 08:53 AM

But they didn't change conferences......

Read...

That may have been through scheduling or by their conference getting weaker - not sure.

Another person got it:

The SWAC is notoriously a bad conference and having any team "turning" it around probably would not be too difficult in that conference.

Obviously, the MVFC isn't the SWAC. This year's conference performance isn't the norm. It's one of the toughest conferences in the county -> it's one of the toughest possible conferences (if not impossible) in which to "turn it around".

Ind St is basically trying to ice skate uphill.

MplsBison
October 13th, 2010, 08:56 AM

Having said that, I am looking forward to the Sycs coming to the FFD to see what they have this year.

If Ind St beats MSU this weekend, then I will be interested in what they can bring to Fargo. My gut tells me that Ind St does not know how to win, yet.

A victory over a MVFC school is like winning the super bowl for their program - are they going to be able to focus on MSU this week? We'll see, I guess.

Also keep in mind that last year, when NDSU was "down and out", Ind St was supposed to take care of them in Terre Haute. Not only didn't that happen, but "down and out" NDSU embarressed Ind St.

So forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical.

MplsBison
October 13th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Looking at Indiana State's record is a bit misleading. Who is St. Joseph's and Qiuncy? It will be interesting to see what they can do against teams that have a defense. It works in ISUb's favor that they have MSU this weekend where it will probably be another shootout. After that it could get ugly.

Another great point. Who are the teams InSU has beaten? A couple non-DI schools and Illinois State. That makes them a 1 win team, in my book.

At least they beat them, this year. I guess that is a small improvement?

MplsBison
October 13th, 2010, 08:59 AM
I am just going to pose a question and if anyone disagrees with me here please say, "Daniel, you are a gigantic tool and idiotic."
You talk about Indiana State being more competitive but is this Indiana State team not maybe twice as good as last year??? I mean this time last year Fouch was a quarterback at this little school called the University of Washington...Our offense was in shambles last year and we would regularly lose to teams by double digits (like we did to Illinois state last year) but now I think we are becoming MUCH more competitive and now you want to jump down our throats Bison??? but excuse me for saying this but I am not sure a team that has been in the conference for going on 3 seasons now really has much of a right to call for a team to be kicked out of the conference for any reason lol...But I know Indy State has had some rough ones and I don't expect us to win EVERY game this season but I do expect us to be competitive...

For the 58th time - I don't want InSU kicked out. Not for UND, not for anyone.

I think it's brainless that their admin are willing to allow the team to suffer like this for this many consecutive years when the answer is so clear cut: step down to a less competitive conference.

Look how well it's worked for Temple. Temple: Big East :: Indiana St: MVFC

Iwuvdatrees
October 13th, 2010, 09:32 AM
uhhh what I am trying to tell you is we are being MUCH more competitive now and the rest of our programs are clear cut well endowed in the MVC so I see no reason why we would step down in competition level...btw MPLSbison we were missing 9 out of 11 defensive starters fofr that game last year and no one in Terre haute expected them to be able to compete so I don't think that's a fair evaluation...we will see come saturday but I feel a bet coming on....

Iwuvdatrees
October 13th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Another great point. Who are the teams InSU has beaten? A couple non-DI schools and Illinois State. That makes them a 1 win team, in my book.

If you want to take into account who we have beaten you need to also take into account who we have lost to...A team that last year was in the sugar bowl and one of the best teams in the MVFC in a rainy ugly field where we gameplanned to throw the ball..

SalukiJim
October 13th, 2010, 10:48 AM
uhhh what I am trying to tell you is we are being MUCH more competitive now and the rest of our programs are clear cut well endowed in the MVC so I see no reason why we would step down in competition level...btw MPLSbison we were missing 9 out of 11 defensive starters fofr that game last year and no one in Terre haute expected them to be able to compete so I don't think that's a fair evaluation...we will see come saturday but I feel a bet coming on....

To ANYONE saying the Sycamores need to be out of the Valley, I say this:

LARRY.
FREAKING.
BIRD!

I know it's hoops but still, ISU Blue has a long history of participation in the Valley - all sports. Give it up, they're in the right conference.

Iwuvdatrees
October 13th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Bison also, why do you keep changing your argument...one minute it is, "Hey we need to kick ISU blue out of the conference." then ISU wins, now it's "ISU blue should move down for the good of the program, no I never said ISU blue shouldnt be in the conference." are you a politician man????

JSUBison
October 13th, 2010, 11:17 AM
It's always nice to witness MPLSBISON making new friends with fans of schools that have had no interaction with him before.

Iwuvdatrees
October 13th, 2010, 11:40 AM
LOL Skoal I have been on this guy since I joined in July I just now got some ammunition tho lol

MplsBison
October 13th, 2010, 12:29 PM

Ind St programs in the MVC is a red herring.

The MVC and MVFC are separate entities and being a member of one in no way, shape or form necessitates membership in the other.

MplsBison
October 13th, 2010, 12:32 PM
To ANYONE saying the Sycamores need to be out of the Valley, I say this:

LARRY.
FREAKING.
BIRD!

I know it's hoops but still, ISU Blue has a long history of participation in the Valley - all sports. Give it up, they're in the right conference.

Of course! How could I forget the great football legend Larry Bird?! xcoffeex

See further:

Ind St programs in the MVC is a red herring.

The MVC and MVFC are separate entities and being a member of one in no way, shape or form necessitates membership in the other.

Thundar
October 13th, 2010, 12:48 PM
WOW has this thread gone to the crapper, good god MPLS its obvious from anyone that has been on here for awhile that your only point of saying INST. should be removed or move from the MVFC is your pipe dream of getting your real favorite team UND into the conference. Let it go

To the ISU fans great win Miles is doing good things with the Trees.

Now week 7

SIU
NDSU
UNI
ISU-B
YSU

Iwuvdatrees
October 13th, 2010, 12:56 PM
MPLSbison, they are in the same building bro...now stop avoiding the question...are you a politician?

RabidRabbit
October 13th, 2010, 01:33 PM
xflaggedxxflaggedx

Trees/Mpls/Western 101 - If it's not Picks for this week's MVFC games.......

<s><s>

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?76410-Should-Sycamores-move-to-a-less-competitive-conference

Every other post NOT a pick goes there.

jlandrus23
October 13th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Indiana State's record is better than UNI. And didn't UNI win the MVFC last year?

birdsflyhigh
October 13th, 2010, 03:02 PM
This should be the week that some MVFC teams get serious about STARTING to separate themselves from the pack. Here goes:

Salukis over Jacks
Birds over Bison
Cats over USD
Necks over Guins
Trees over Bears

It'll be interesting whether we start seeing some separation over the next few weeks. xrotatehx

SalukiJim
October 13th, 2010, 03:23 PM
SIU (maybe) - being at home helps!
NDSU - ISU R has to show they can stop somebody, anybody.
UNI
YSU - Maybe WIU comes "back to the pack" a little
toss up on the last one. I'll go ISU B

sycamorefanboy
October 13th, 2010, 04:05 PM

so does this mean that the division 1 schools that beat fcs schools dont count them as wins? just idiotic!!!!

Iwuvdatrees
October 13th, 2010, 04:08 PM
sycamorefanboy...go to the smack section of this forum and we will continue this convo....

Twentysix
October 13th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Indiana State's record is better than UNI. And didn't UNI win the MVFC last year?

no, uni didnt go to the playoffs last year.

SalukiJim
October 13th, 2010, 07:03 PM
no, uni didnt go to the playoffs last year.

That would be the Salukis. Beat up on EIU in the first round 48-7, lost to William and Mary 24-3.

Professor Chaos
October 13th, 2010, 07:19 PM
South Dakota State @ Southern Illinois - Pretty much a playoff game here in Week 7. I'll take the Salukis at home.
North Dakota State @ Illinois State - I picked the Bison to lose last week... and I'm very superstituous xrotatehx
Missouri State @ Indiana State - The Bears are desperate for a win and I'm not sold on ISU Blue yet.
Northern Iowa @ South Dakota - I think this game will be closer than most expect with the Panthers squeaking out a tough win.
Youngstown St @ Western Illinois - I think Youngstown gets the ground game rolling in this one and gets by WIU.

pather
October 13th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Regarding Indiana State's transfer from UW.....there is a reason he transfered. He was 4th on the depth chart behind a redshirt and true freshman at QB and was also going to be burried by an incoming recruit last year.

And as I remember Calvin Schmidtke came to ISU via Idaho via Washington State. Having watched both in high school Schmidtke was far more talented (albeit idiotic....I have some crazy stories about him) than Fouch and he bombed out of ISU. yes partially because he was an idiot, but he didnt play very well either.

Not saying Fouch won't be good, I happen to have regarded him decently in high school, but just because you get a QB transfer from a big school doesn't mean they are good and program-saving.

Only so many Joe Flacco's.

Iwuvdatrees
October 13th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Pather, I think Fouchs style fits our offense better than Schmidtke did...was actually on the team with Schmidtke and he had an unfair amount of talent...but Fouch's mind is much better than Calvin's...Schmidtke may have had Elways arm but Fouch has the Montana type mind...Now once again I am not saying Fouch is Joe Montana just using an alliteration (not sure if that's a word)...Also I think fouch's numbers thus far this season have been pretty impressive tho we have only played 2 FCS teams... do I think he is NFL calibur? NO. Do i think he's a solid NCAA QB? Yes...and that's something the Syc's havent had in a long time...

JSUBison
October 14th, 2010, 01:47 AM
Skoal, I have been to 6 different FCS stadiums this year and 4 of them didn't include Indiana State in their game tell me of this rainforest...

Well it sounds like it is no more, unfortunately. I just read on Bisonville that the administration/security/City of Fargo/whoever, cracked down on the rainforest and it's most notorious member. I've never been there myself, and it sounds like the fan who could fill you in is not allowed to post here.

It's all kind of a mystery to me.

And my picks so I don't get in trouble for thread-jacking,

mgbison
October 14th, 2010, 03:06 AM
As far as the rainforest, don't be a dumb@ss and you won't have any problems. Two or three people got kicked out/banned from the tailgating lots for an incident following the USD game. I don't know the whole story, but to make a long story short don't burn shirts of opposing teams.

MissouriStatefan
October 14th, 2010, 08:32 AM
SDSU (1-4) @ Southern Ill. (3-3) 2:00pm SIU cruises wins by 13

NDSU (4-2) @ Illinois St. (3-3) 2:00pm In a close one

Missouri State (2-3) @ Indiana St. (3-2) 3:00pm MSU returns 3 key defensive starters back this week from injuries that didn't play against Murray State. Bears by 14

UNI (2-3) @ South Dakota (3-3) 4:05pm UNI by 10

Youngstown St (3-3) @ Western Illinois (4-2) 6:00pm WIU too tough at home for Ytown

Iwuvdatrees
October 14th, 2010, 09:17 AM
SDSU (1-4) @ Southern Ill. (3-3) 2:00pm SIU cruises wins by 13

NDSU (4-2) @ Illinois St. (3-3) 2:00pm In a close one

Missouri State (2-3) @ Indiana St. (3-2) 3:00pm MSU returns 3 key defensive starters back this week from injuries that didn't play against Murray State. Bears by 14

UNI (2-3) @ South Dakota (3-3) 4:05pm UNI by 10

Youngstown St (3-3) @ Western Illinois (4-2) 6:00pm WIU too tough at home for Ytown

I know you guys return one linebacker but I don't know who the other two starters are please explain....

MplsBison
October 14th, 2010, 09:33 AM
As far as the rainforest, don't be a dumb@ss and you won't have any problems. Two or three people got kicked out/banned from the tailgating lots for an incident following the USD game. I don't know the whole story, but to make a long story short don't burn shirts of opposing teams.

I can only assume you're talking about lakes. Please correct me if wrong.

Telling him not to be a dumb___ is like telling water not to be wet.

MissouriStatefan
October 14th, 2010, 11:08 AM
I know you guys return one linebacker but I don't know who the other two starters are please explain....

CB Jimmy Strong & Linebackers Kolby Hurt and Terrian Washington

MSUDuo
October 14th, 2010, 11:10 AM
CB Jimmy Strong & Linebackers Kolby Hurt and Terrian Washington

Michael Keck should be back as well. Makes 3 LB's returning

MissouriStatefan
October 14th, 2010, 11:19 AM

Not sure about Keck yet. I'll bet he doesn't get cleared to play until the week after..

Sycamore51
October 14th, 2010, 12:19 PM

Are you sure they shouldn't sit out 1 more week? ;)

Twentysix
October 14th, 2010, 04:50 PM
I can only assume you're talking about lakes. Please correct me if wrong.

Telling him not to be a dumb___ is like telling water not to be wet.

In RL lakes is pure fun. You must only know the internet version. For that im sorry.

pather
October 15th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Yeah Schmidtke had unfair talent his senior year. Although like Calvin the most talented out of that in Middleton also has bombed out of college (least he didnt play against Skyline high/hungover). But CS did also tear it up for Life Christian before he transfered to Lakes so he was of his own talent.

Yeah I will agree I believe Foucher is solid. I will also let Calvin slide because he had almost nothing around him at ISU while Foucher seems to have a few more playmakers.

My point is though while Foucher may end up being solid its too early to tell with results against 2 non d-1 teams and 1 FCS team that has proven its defense may be the worst at the FCS level.

I hope InSU does continue to play well, it was painful to see SIU beat them by 50-70 year in and year out and good competition does nothing but balance the rest of the conference.

But a lot of people are suddenly acting like InSU is a conference contender/powerhouse and it is simply too early to be talking like that, UW transfer QB or no.

Sycamore51
October 15th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Yeah Schmidtke had unfair talent his senior year. Although like Calvin the most talented out of that in Middleton also has bombed out of college (least he didnt play against Skyline high/hungover). But CS did also tear it up for Life Christian before he transfered to Lakes so he was of his own talent.

Yeah I will agree I believe Foucher is solid. I will also let Calvin slide because he had almost nothing around him at ISU while Foucher seems to have a few more playmakers.

My point is though while Foucher may end up being solid its too early to tell with results against 2 non d-1 teams and 1 FCS team that has proven its defense may be the worst at the FCS level.

I hope InSU does continue to play well, it was painful to see SIU beat them by 50-70 year in and year out and good competition does nothing but balance the rest of the conference.

But a lot of people are suddenly acting like InSU is a conference contender/powerhouse and it is simply too early to be talking like that, UW transfer QB or no.

I think a lot of people are just happy to actually matter 5 games into the season. I believe most Sycamore fans truly believe we'll finish somewhere in the middle of the pack this year, 3-6. It's always been depressing to sit here and read people get excited about football, and we're usually waiting on basketball to start.

Big Al
October 17th, 2010, 04:45 PM
SDSU (1-4) @ Southern Ill. (3-3)
NDSU (4-2) @ Illinois St. (3-3)
Missouri St (2-3) @ Indiana St. (3-2)
UNI (2-3) @ South Dakota (3-3)
Youngstown St (3-3) @ Western Illinois (4-2)

Nope, Nope, Yep, Yep, Nope.

Western Illinois & the Sycs are definitely the surprise of the season. NDSU should have a better record than 4-3, but then so should UNI. SDSU, SIU & YSU are total enigmas to me -- they've shown absolutely no identity, so it's hard to pick them to win but it's never surprising when they do. Redbirds aren't great but they're good enough to bite you. MSU? Man, great offense -- too bad their defense is every bit as bad as the offense is good. I know people are talking about TA being on the hot seat but I suspect he gets another year.

All in all, it's a crazy, crazy year in the MVFC.