PDA

View Full Version : New Lehigh DC?

ngineer
February 4th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Was on campus tonight (big wrestling matches with Hofstra and Maryland), however, always talk about football and had the opportunity to speak some players. Supposedly Coen has hired a former Defensive Line coach from Connecticut who he has known for many years as the new DC.(name wasn't given). Wilcher will remain in charge of the secondary. Players were very upbeat about the 'new acquisitions' and focused on the future.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 4th, 2006, 11:04 PM
Was on campus tonight (big wrestling matches with Hofstra and Maryland), however, always talk about football and had the opportunity to speak some players. Supposedly Coen has hired a former Defensive Line coach from Connecticut who he has known for many years as the new DC.(name wasn't given). Wilcher will remain in charge of the secondary. Players were very upbeat about the 'new acquisitions' and focused on the future.

Going to retire now, but I'll pass on what I've been able to figure out. I don't think it's the DL coordinator under Edsall (current UConn coach) or Skip Holtz (UConn's HC when they were I-AA).

Clifford Snow was the DL coach under Skip Holtz, and he's now the director of football operations at East Carolina. Hank Hughes did work at Harvard, Lafayette, Northeastern and JMU, but considering he's already the DC at UConn as well as the DL coach, I serously doubt it's him. If it is, well, won't I be a happy camper :). But I think it's someone from pre-Skip Holtz.

ngineer
February 5th, 2006, 09:16 AM
Yes, they weren't clear as to what 'era' he had been at UConn, but only that Coen was very familiar with him and wanted him on his team. Seems like he has made a real effort to go after people with whom he has had very good working relationships over the years and share a similar philosophy. I would expect to hear something official this coming week.