PDA

View Full Version : Samford 38 - WCU 7

The Cats
October 10th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Sorry guys, last week's win against the Citadel was just a tease, the real Catamounts showed up for Homecoming in Cullowhee this week.

The results, only 7 points scored against the "then" last place defensive unit in the SoCon (giving up an average of 32 points per game), our true freshman quarterback threw three more interceptions and gave up a fumble, all of which resulted in Bulldog scores. Of course the coaching staff blames the players for the loss... rather than simply saying "we did not properly prepare the team for this game' we get....

“It was a very disappointing loss,” WCU coach Dennis Wagner said. “Physically, we just got beat up all day today on both sides of the football. I thought Samford did a great job. They established a running game, and we couldn't slow it down. We missed a lot of tackles. We were out of position. Offensively we dropped a lot of balls, made poor throws, poor decisions.”
xnodx

catamount man
October 10th, 2010, 04:36 PM
I love how Wags always places the blame on the players. He has NEVER took responsibility on himself and his staff. And Wagner, dress like a college football coach. PLEASE!!!

Another wasted season. I refuse to drink the kool-aid anymore but oh wait, Bardo and the nerds don't want successful football. What was I thinking?

SU DOG
October 10th, 2010, 05:25 PM
The change at QB has made a big difference for the Bulldogs. I posted here before the Elon Game that Samford would explode on somebody and play up to their potential. The difference in size and athleticism was evident IMO. I really believe that Samford will be a problem for some more SoCon Teams this season.
Met some more good folks at WCU yesterday who deserve BETTER than what they are getting on the field. I wish the Cats good luck the rest of the way.

Smitty
October 10th, 2010, 06:46 PM
I really wouldn't judge your performace increase on WCU btw...

SpeedkingATL
October 10th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Guess The Whee is the new Team Sybil of the SoCon. WCU is killing my weekly picks; just got to start playing the percentages and pick them to lose.

AppStsGr8
October 11th, 2010, 07:26 AM
I love how Wags always places the blame on the players. He has NEVER took responsibility on himself and his staff. And Wagner, dress like a college football coach. PLEASE!!!

Another wasted season. I refuse to drink the kool-aid anymore but oh wait, Bardo and the nerds don't want successful football. What was I thinking?

I was speaking with a young man who used to be in our youth group at church and who's now a freshman at WCU. He was one of the walk-ons for the football team this year. I was asking him what he liked / disliked about football at WCU. His reply was very telling. He said that the coaches treat walk-ons like trash rather than allowing any competition for positions with their scholarship players. This young man has now left the football program and has earned a spot on the basketball team. He actually had the spine in talking with Wagner about his decision to leave the football program to tell Wagner that, if Wagner wanted to succeed, he'd be well-advised to treat walk-ons like Appalachian does and allow them to compete with the scholarship players for a position.

I would love to see WCU get out of the cellar. I don't think Wagner's going to be the one to get them out.