PDA

View Full Version : 2010 - NEC vs PL/Ivy

aceinthehole
October 9th, 2010, 03:47 PM
This season the NEC is a combined 5-2 vs the PL and Ivy: the NEC has lost the 2 games by a combined 3 points

Vs. Patriot (3-1)
W, 44-30 Bryant vs. Fordham
W, 17-13 Duquesne vs. Bucknell
L, 29-30 Monmouth at Colgate
W, 22-16 Wagner at Georgetown

10/23 Georgetown at Sacred Heart

Vs. IVY (2-1)
W, 41-7 Wagner vs. Cornell
L, 19-21 Sacred Heart at Dartmouth
W, 23-20 Albany at Yale

bulldog10jw
October 9th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Just curious. How are you doing against other conferences?

Dane96
October 9th, 2010, 04:00 PM
CAA 1-3 (1-3 if you count ODU)
Big South 1-1
Southland 0-1
Pioneer 2-2
MVFC 0-1

Total OOC (not including DII or ODU) 4 wins- 8 losses

DFW HOYA
October 9th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Georgetown's play book is easier picking for opponents of late. "Quarterback keeper" seems to be the operative call.

UAalum72
October 9th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Two OOC games left for the NEC: Georgetown at Sacred Heart (at least a shot) and St. Francis at Cal Poly (almost none).

Plus the playoffs.

DetroitFlyer
October 9th, 2010, 08:07 PM
PFL hanging pretty good with the NEC. Dayton's win over Robert Morris is looking better every week.

aceinthehole
October 10th, 2010, 10:19 AM
PFL hanging pretty good with the NEC. Dayton's win over Robert Morris is looking better every week.

I don't know what "hanging pretty good" means, but how many games has the PFL played (and won) vs. AQ conferences? The PFL has 2 wins vs. the NEC - what else has the PFL done?

The NEC is 5-7 vs AQ conference teams:

W, 3-0 Albany at Maine (CAA)
W, 44-30 Bryant vs. Fordham (Patriot)
W, 17-13 Duquesne vs. Bucknell (Patriot)
W, 30-23 Robert Morris vs. #15 Liberty (Big South)
W, 22-16 Wagner at Georgetown (Patriot)
L, 52-7 Saint Francis at Liberty (Big South)
L, 33-3 CCSU at New Hampshire (CAA)
L, 30-29 Monmouth at Colgate (Patriot)
L, 31-23 Monmouth vs. Maine (CAA)
L, 59-14 Albany at #10 Stephen F. Austin (SLC)
L, 63-24 CCSU at Youngstown State (MVFC)
L, 30-6 Duquesne at #11 Delaware (CAA)

UAalum72
October 10th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Jacksonville has the win over Old Dominion. But while the PFL fans like to point to the NEC, they have to remember that a lot of people here still don't think the NEC should be in the playoffs (or that the field should have expanded past 16). They've got to get some wins over at least the OVC if not the MVFC.

'Gate93
October 10th, 2010, 11:16 AM
The PL has had a pretty dismal showing OOC. We usually perform well against the Ivies but the roles seem a bit reveresed this season...even Columbia has a winning record! Have heard rumors about scholarship talk for the PL in December.

ngineer
October 10th, 2010, 11:30 AM
The PL has had a pretty dismal showing OOC. We usually perform well against the Ivies but the roles seem a bit reveresed this season...even Columbia has a winning record! Have heard rumors about scholarship talk for the PL in December.

You trying to start trouble here?!xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox

Bogus Megapardus
October 10th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Have heard rumors about scholarship talk for the PL in December.

And what, pray tell, might those rumors be?

We're pretty much aware that a scholarship decision will be made at the December Presidents' Meeting, that Bucknell and Lafayette are the swing votes, that Georgetown might bolt if the Patriot goes scholarship and that Fordham will bolt if it doesn't.

We're anxious for any new information, though. Since this is AGS, you are permitted to hijack any thread at random with Patriot scholarship talk, regardless of any relevance to the topic. Everyone's used to it.

heath
October 10th, 2010, 01:37 PM
HOW WOULD A LEAGUE GO ABOUT GIVING THE SCHOLARSHIPS? IF a yes vote happens in Dec., you guys start scholarships next season?,how would that affect this years recruiting classes. and are current players eligible to get one? Will it be up to the coaches to give out the 63 on his discretion? just wondering

Franks Tanks
October 10th, 2010, 02:01 PM
HOW WOULD A LEAGUE GO ABOUT GIVING THE SCHOLARSHIPS? IF a yes vote happens in Dec., you guys start scholarships next season?,how would that affect this years recruiting classes. and are current players eligible to get one? Will it be up to the coaches to give out the 63 on his discretion? just wondering

If we were to vote yes for scholarships they would probably start in 2012. Many CAA school already have their classes pretty much locked up by December/Early Jan so we may be throwing scholarsips at the same old recruits. Usually the scholarships would start with the new class, and they guys currently on the team would keep their current aid packages. That is what they did at Fordham. Scolarships would be given out just as they are anywhere.

heath
October 10th, 2010, 03:32 PM
If we were to vote yes for scholarships they would probably start in 2012. Many CAA school already have their classes pretty much locked up by December/Early Jan so we may be throwing scholarsips at the same old recruits. Usually the scholarships would start with the new class, and they guys currently on the team would keep their current aid packages. That is what they did at Fordham. Scolarships would be given out just as they are anywhere.

how many recruits would then be allowed in the first years signing class for each school. The aid for the current players changes year to year based on the FAFSA form filed isn't it? Very confusing

aceinthehole
October 23rd, 2010, 03:16 PM
Update - The NEC finishes the season a combined 6-2 vs. the PL and Ivy.

The NEC lost the 2 games by a combined 3 points!

Vs. Patriot (4-1)
W, 33-20 Georgetown at Sacred Heart

Vs. Ivy (2-1)
W, 23-20 Albany at Yale

bulldog10jw
October 23rd, 2010, 03:28 PM
We admit it, the NEC is better than the IL and the PL....happy?

Sader87
October 23rd, 2010, 04:13 PM
Update - The NEC finishes the season a combined 6-2 vs. the PL and Ivy.

The NEC lost the 2 games by a combined 3 points!

Vs. Patriot (4-1)
W, 33-20 Georgetown at Sacred Heart

Vs. Ivy (2-1)
W, 23-20 Albany at Yale

There's really not what I'd consider a "good" win there....maybe Albany over Yale.

401ks
October 23rd, 2010, 04:30 PM
There's really not what I'd consider a "good" win there....maybe Albany over Yale.

xeyebrowx

CFBfan
October 23rd, 2010, 04:47 PM
This season the NEC is a combined 5-2 vs the PL and Ivy: the NEC has lost the 2 games by a combined 3 points

Vs. Patriot (3-1)

10/23 Georgetown at Sacred Heart

Vs. IVY (2-1)
W, 23-20 Albany at Yale

very impressive against 2 NON Scholarship Leagues....what's your point??? it can't be the Degree your Conf graduates with?????

UAalum72
October 23rd, 2010, 07:07 PM

Considering what you think of the Patriot League, who COULD have been a good win?

And other than Monmouth, these aren't really the top NEC teams this year either.

UAalum72
October 23rd, 2010, 07:15 PM
very impressive against 2 NON Scholarship Leagues....what's your point????
Two "non-scholarship" leagues previously alway rated above the NEC; one an autobid league, known to give more equivalencies than the NEC, one with a great, long-time reputation in the polls that some posters are always wishing would join the playoffs.

Sader87
October 23rd, 2010, 07:18 PM
Considering what you think of the Patriot League, who COULD have been a good win?

And other than Monmouth, these aren't really the top NEC teams this year either.

A Monmouth win over Colgate would have been a "good" (not great) win. In all honesty, outside of maybe Penn and Harvard (with a healthy Hatch at QB) in the Ivies and maybe Colgate in the PL...there really were no "good" wins to be had against either league this year.

aceinthehole
October 24th, 2010, 10:11 AM
The NEC is still a "limited scholarship" league. SHU and Wagner offer about 24 scholarships. I love how some people are still making excuses - NEC doesn't have good wins, etc.

Not only is the NEC better than the PL and Ivy, I would put it above the MEAC and SWAC as well.

(The Big South is difficult to compare because they play FBS games, as well as more sub D-I games)

bulldog10jw
October 24th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Not only is the NEC better than the PL and Ivy, I would put it above the MEAC and SWAC as well.

You must be thrilled.

CFBfan
October 24th, 2010, 11:51 AM
The NEC is still a "limited scholarship" league. SHU and Wagner offer about 24 scholarships. I love how some people are still making excuses - NEC doesn't have good wins, etc.

(The Big South is difficult to compare because they play FBS games, as well as more sub D-I games)

More then half of Sacred Hearts roster is reshirted and they have a lot of 5th year seniors....you are ALL WET with this one dude.
any by the way, my son was offered schaolarships from ALL the NEC schools but like just about every other player in the PL and Ivy he understood that his future would be much brighter with a better education and by the way......how many NEC kids will suit up Sundays??????
Bad thread dude!!

CFBfan
October 24th, 2010, 11:59 AM
You must be thrilled.

riginally Posted by aceinthehole
You must be thrilled.

Hey Bulldog.....a Central Ct State guy making fun of Ivy and PL players and teams......."ya gotta laugh"!!!!!

aceinthehole
October 24th, 2010, 12:30 PM
CFB, I guess you don't watch the NFL.

Miles Austin (WR, Cowboys) - Monmouth
Hank Fraley (OL, Browns) - Robert Morris
Jon Corto (CB, Bills) - Sacred Heart

It is so easy to get guys like you on the defensive :) And when the facts are against you it's OK, just change the argument.

Yeah, Ivy and PL degrees are more "valuable" than ones from the NEC schools. Ooooh ... that's news

danefan
October 24th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Gotta love those PL and Ivy league fans and their football arguments..............when all else fails........talk about your degree...........?

Last time I checked the comparison was about on-field performance, not the perceived value of a degree.

CFBfan
October 24th, 2010, 04:25 PM

It is so easy to get guys like you on the defensive :) And when the facts are against you it's OK, just change the argument.

Yeah, Ivy and PL degrees are more "valuable" than ones from the NEC schools. Ooooh ... that's news

WOW!!!! THREE (3) AMAZING!!!! why I know bow down to you oh mighty one!!!

CFBfan
October 24th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Gotta love those PL and Ivy league fans and their football arguments..............when all else fails........talk about your degree...........?

Last time I checked the comparison was about on-field performance, not the perceived value of a degree.

and you missed the point danefan!
in my son's case and i'm certain many others, he could be playing in a much higher level football program, in fact higher than your mighty NEC BUT he wisely selected the better education so "brag" all you want about your on field success

401ks
October 24th, 2010, 04:40 PM
xscanx

Leigh Bodden (CB, Patriots) - Duquesne (currently on injured reserve)

401ks
October 24th, 2010, 04:43 PM

xthumbsupx

401ks
October 24th, 2010, 04:49 PM
More then half of Sacred Hearts roster is reshirted and they have a lot of 5th year seniors....you are ALL WET with this one dude.

And that has to do with.... what? xconfusedx

any by the way, my son was offered schaolarships from ALL the NEC schools but like just about every other player in the PL and Ivy he understood that his future would be much brighter with a better education

Congratulations to your son! I hope that his father doesn't embarrass him too much by posting childish garbage on public message boards. xrolleyesx

and by the way......how many NEC kids will suit up Sundays??????

xeyebrowx

Wow. Someone hasn't taken their meds today. You are all over the place, dude! Pick a subject and stick to it.

Bad thread dude!!

Thank you for your contribution! :p

danefan
October 24th, 2010, 06:31 PM
in my son's case and i'm certain many others, he could be playing in a much higher level football program, in fact higher than your mighty NEC BUT he wisely selected the better education so "brag" all you want about your on field success

That recruiting strategy is really working for the Ivy's and PL schools......and especially Georgetown......

I'm not sure how long you've been around this board, but Ace's thread here stems from years of PL and Ivy fans having what NEC fans believe was an inflated view of their own conference strengths. The tide has been changing for the last three years at least and as Bulldog said after the Albany game - the Ivy, PL and NEC teams are all moving, just so happens the NEC is moving in the opposite direction from the PL and Ivys - up.

No one except you ever brought up academics - solely football.

And BTW, I've got a lot of coworkers that say the same things about their kids - who go to NESCAC schools.

Dane96
October 24th, 2010, 07:05 PM

Dude, get over it. A lot of people on this board were recruited to play at X or Y school. In DF's case, he went to Air Force...a superior institution on paper than just about all you are discussing for the education you get. For his own reasons, he transferred to Albany and is, in most circles, highly successful and his "lowly" NEC degree didn't slow him down.

I almost went to two Ivy's for a different sport...ending up at Albany. In most circles, I am pretty successful as well. Nobody gives a hoot where I went to undergrad.

That mantra rings true for many on this board, athletes or not. It doesn't mean squat where you got your degree (except for the connection aspect). For the most part, you need to stand on your own two legs in the real world...and produce; that's what counts.