URMite
October 7th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Here's this week's slate with TSN rankings:

(11)UR @ (22)UNH - 12pm
Maine @ (2)UD - 1pm
URI @ (4)W&M - 7pm
(7)JMU @ Towson - 7pm

UMass & Nova @ (1) Bye

That's right this is week that the bolded teams don't play each other...

heath
October 7th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Richmond by 7
Delaware by 10
W&M by 13
JMU by whatever MM thinks is enough to please voters after loss(as much as possible)xchinscratchx

tribefan40
October 7th, 2010, 02:03 PM
(11)UR @ (22)UNH Close.
Maine @ (2)UD Upset Alert. (Is Devlin Still Out?)
URI @ (4)W&M Could be a trap, but I think W&M pulls away at the end.
(7)JMU @ Towson Ugly.

Ud1Hens
October 7th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Maine @ (2)UD Upset Alert. (Is Devlin Still Out?)

No, he is back and will start.

superman7515
October 7th, 2010, 02:47 PM
11)UR @ (22)UNH - 12pm - UNH needs a win to show they still have some life left and they pick it up at home against the Spiders
Maine @ (2)UD - 1pm - Devlin is back and the Bears come back to Earth
URI @ (4)W&M - 7pm - W&M keeps on winning looking to last two weeks for another top 5 showdown in the CAA
(7)JMU @ Towson - 7pm - After falling behind big at the half, Towson finally unleashes the secret weapon they've been working on for a decade... With the help of Flubber, they pull off the upset.

jmufan999
October 7th, 2010, 03:34 PM
(11)UR @ (22)UNH - 12pm
Maine @ (2)UD - 1pm
URI @ (4)W&M - 7pm
(7)JMU @ Towson - 7pm

JMUNJ08
October 7th, 2010, 05:29 PM
(7)JMU @ Towson - 7pm - After falling behind big at the half, Towson finally unleashes the secret weapon they've been working on for a decade... With the help of Flubber, they pull off the upset.

The real question might be "why haven't they unleashed it before? I think flubber is the only thing that can help Towson...unless they pull a Hofstra and we lose a game we had no business dropping...

Nebuta
October 7th, 2010, 05:51 PM
(11) UR @ (22)UNH
Maine @ (2)UD - 1pm
URI @ (4)W&M - 7pm
(7)JMU @ Towson - 7pm

UMass & Nova @ (1) Bye

WrenFGun
October 7th, 2010, 06:24 PM
HOW THE HELL IS UNH RANKED? That is all.

rcny46
October 7th, 2010, 06:44 PM
HOW THE HELL IS UNH RANKED? That is all.

I'm no homer,but I think they should be.Richmond is what,11th at 2-2.To me that is just as puzzling.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 7th, 2010, 06:50 PM
I'm no homer,but I think they should be.Richmond is what,11th at 2-2.To me that is just as puzzling.

Richmond's losses are to FBS Virginia and to #1 (or #2 depending on the poll) Delaware, while UNH has losses to URI and Maine, both unranked.

JMUNJ08
October 7th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I'll take 3 of 4 but need them all to get over .500 in CAA games. Seems 3 are kinda easy but in the 10 team CAA, who knows...BTW, if Towson, Maine and URI win, will ALL CAA teams be at least receiving votes?!?!?! Got 9 right now!

(11)UR @ (22)UNH - 12pm
4-5 records combined but ranked or an ORV in the 3/4 major polls. This game could spell doom for UNH as they have been jekyl and hyde all year with 2 of their 3 losses to Maine and URI. Are those 2 that good? Need to see some more games from them as well. UR has a nice? win vs. Elon but definitely needs to start racking up the W's. Can UR go north of the mason dixon and pull it out? I really have no clue but will take the 'cats at home.
UR 23 @ UNH 32

Maine @ (2)UD - 1pm
Delvin returns after the 'controversial' hit last week at JMU leaving him with a concussion. Keeler may need him as the hens return home after a brutal but 2-0 trip to Virginia. Maine showed us they aren't dead yet, just sleep walking. Can they play 4 quarters against UD? Don't think they have it in them just yet this season but may surprise another league foe or 2.
Maine 17 @ UD 34

URI @ (4)W&M - 7pm
After a nice win at home, URI looks to bring their winning streak to 3 in Williamsburg. However, W&M just dismantled an injury riddled topped ranked Nova team. Does URI catch them sleeping? Only if someone made them overdose on sleeping pills.
URI 20 @ W&M 30

(7)JMU @ Towson - 7pm
This should be a good rebound game on the road for the Dukes. They overlooked a game Hofstra team on the road last year but can Towson bring their A+++ game? Style points could help here to show JMU's offense isn't entirely MIA. Can we score more than 10 points? To win, we must.
JMU 31 @ Towson 13

UMass & Nova @ (1) Bye
UMass didn't really need this one but Nova did. CAA grinder again next week...

JMUNJ08
October 7th, 2010, 07:08 PM

Agreed but definitely is a product of other top teams not winning early this season such as Montana, SIU, Elon and others who have big wins and moved up quick only to rack up multiple losses themselves to force the voters to second guess high rankings. UR has built up a little respect the past few years like UNH so both have garnered probably more votes than you'd expect.

rcny46
October 7th, 2010, 07:29 PM
I realize that on paper UNH should be looking at loss number 4,but I think they are better than their record indicates.If they look flat against Richmond,I will I have to come to the conclusion that they really are a bottom feeder.I thought they would have their best seaon ever,but I guess I was a little too optimistic.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 7th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Maine @ (2)UD - 1pm
Delvin returns after the 'controversial' hit last week at JMU leaving him with a concussion. Keeler may need him as the hens return home after a brutal but 2-0 trip to Virginia. Maine showed us they aren't dead yet, just sleep walking. Can they play 4 quarters against UD? Don't think they have it in them just yet this season but may surprise another league foe or 2.
Maine 17 @ UD 34

It's Devlin, not Delvin. It will probably help having him back, but I'm starting to really like what were seeing from Sasek. Once Devlin is gone next year it will be on Sasek and Pierce to carry the offense, and thankfully, I think were going to be alright. Sasek's only real issues seem to come from nerves, which only really surfaced against the scary JMU defense last week when he was likely not expecting to play so early in the game. I actually expect KC to give him some playing time in the next couple weeks, even if not against Maine depending on the score, definitely against URI once we pull ahead enough. He could be the next Andy Hall.

MR. CHICKEN
October 7th, 2010, 08:14 PM
(11)UR @ (22)UNH - 12pm
Maine @ (2)UD - 1pm
URI @ (4)W&M - 7pm
(7)JMU @ Towson - 7pm

THANKY FO' DUH VOTE O' CONFIDENCE..:)..DAWGGIE!

JMU @ TOWSON-7PM.....:)..NOW WE EVEN!!

jmufan999
October 8th, 2010, 10:13 AM
THANKY FO' DUH VOTE O' CONFIDENCE..:)..DAWGGIE!

JMU @ TOWSON-7PM.....:)..NOW WE EVEN!!

um, i'm pretty sure you're the 2nd UD poster to pick Towson. so if by "even", you mean "not even", then yes... we're even.

heath
October 8th, 2010, 10:24 AM
What is the CAA tie breaker if 2-3 teams end up with the same record in the league? Especially when they don't play everyone

NHwildEcat
October 8th, 2010, 10:29 AM
(11)UR @ (22)UNH - 12pm
Maine @ (2)UD - 1pm
URI @ (4)W&M - 7pm
(7)JMU @ Towson - 7pm

UMass & Nova @ (1) Bye

UNH Fanboi
October 8th, 2010, 10:39 AM
What is the CAA tie breaker if 2-3 teams end up with the same record in the league? Especially when they don't play everyone

The CAA's website has the old handbook up, which still assumes two divisions and therefore has outdated tie-breaking rules. For all intents and purposes, though, it doesn't matter. The playoff committee is free to seed an at-large over an AQ from the same conference (and they did so in 2008 when they seeded UNI over SIU) and the 2nd place CAA team is going to be guaranteed an at-large. So the tie-breaker only affects which team gets to put a banner up in their stadium saying CAA champion.

heath
October 8th, 2010, 10:45 AM
The CAA's website has the old handbook up, which still assumes two divisions and therefore has outdated tie-breaking rules. For all intents and purposes, though, it doesn't matter. The playoff committee is free to seed an at-large over an AQ from the same conference (and they did so in 2008 when they seeded UNI over SIU) and the 2nd place CAA team is going to be guaranteed an at-large. So the tie-breaker only affects which team gets to put a banner up in their stadium saying CAA champion.

Thanks , but still would want that championship banner and maybe a ring

heath
October 8th, 2010, 10:49 AM

Looking at your schedule you guys may have the final say on who wins the CAA-11/6 W&M and 11/13@ Villanova, that could be interesting

MR. CHICKEN
October 8th, 2010, 11:44 AM
um, i'm pretty sure you're the 2nd UD poster to pick Towson. so if by "even", you mean "not even", then yes... we're even.

TRANSLATOR!....TRANSLATOR!.........xconfusedx..... .AWK!

tribe_pride
October 8th, 2010, 11:50 AM

I am pretty sure that any team tieing for first place in the CAA gets the banner. The tie-breaker is only for AQ purposes (which generally for the CAA doesn't matter)

MacThor
October 8th, 2010, 12:38 PM
I am pretty sure that any team tieing for first place in the CAA gets the banner. The tie-breaker is only for AQ purposes (which generally for the CAA doesn't matter)

Heck yeah, if you think UR wasn't going to put up a 2007 CAA Champions banner because they lost a coin flip to UMass, you're crazy.

EmeryZach
October 8th, 2010, 02:10 PM
RICHMOND over unh

DELAWARE over maine

W&M over uri

JMU over towson

CAL POLY over odu

GEORGIA STATE over savannah state

I'm thinking all these games will be blowouts.

1500th POSTxhurrayxxhurrayxxrotatehxxrotatehx

JMUNJ08
October 8th, 2010, 05:51 PM
I'm thinking all these games will be blowouts.

1500th POSTxhurrayxxhurrayxxrotatehxxrotatehx

Congrats! Alot of ppl think that ODU has a real chance. I think they do as well but Cal Poly should, key word SHOULD, pull it out. And if GaSt doesn't blow out SavSt. then they have BIG probs in the dome...

Ud1Hens
October 8th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Where is the CAA Today's article?

caribbeanhen
October 8th, 2010, 08:20 PM

CAA xhurrayx

BIGMAN
October 8th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Where is the CAA Today's article?

When Nova plays bad it's always late...LOL

GeeWiz
October 9th, 2010, 05:31 AM
UNH 34 UR 30 - This game is a toss up IMO, but for some reason I like the Durham Cats on the road

UD 28 Maine 17 - Dirty Cubs will have a hard time with Mr. Devlin at the Hen House

W&M 40 URI 17 - Tribe rolls to an easy win

JMU 31 Towson 7 - Dukes rebound from tough loss last week to spank Tigers

And in the big two ...

Cal Poly 38 ODU 28 - Always a tough to win out West, especially when your program has never been out there before

GSU 27 Savannah State 14 - Panthers continue to impress with yet another Dome win

MR. CHICKEN
October 9th, 2010, 06:32 AM
UNH 34 UR 30 - This game is a toss up IMO, but for some reason I like the Durham Cats on the road

UD 28 Maine 17 - Dirty Cubs will have a hard time with Mr. Devlin at the Hen House

W&M 40 URI 17 - Tribe rolls to an easy win

JMU 31 Towson 7 - Dukes rebound from tough loss last week to spank Tigers

And in the big two ...

Cal Poly 38 ODU 28 - Always a tough to win out West, especially when your program has never been out there before

GSU 27 Savannah State 14 - Panthers continue to impress with yet another Dome win

DURHAM CATS.......ARE HOME TEAM...xnodx..GEEWIZ!!

DUH MONARCHS.....ARE HOME TEAM...xnodx..GEEWIZ!!

UNHWildCats
October 9th, 2010, 10:03 AM
If UNH loses today its time to end the Toman ERA and get Decker in as the starter. While UNH lost to Maine in OT and to URI on a late turnover the offense never should have left the game in those positions against either of those two teams.

Toman makes too many mistakes, far too often.

DTSpider
October 9th, 2010, 11:20 AM
If UNH loses today its time to end the Toman ERA and get Decker in as the starter. While UNH lost to Maine in OT and to URI on a late turnover the offense never should have left the game in those positions against either of those two teams.

Toman makes too many mistakes, far too often.

I think UNH will have it today. Aaron Corp is out, along with the backup Laub, so now the punter Hicks is playing QB.

soccerguy315
October 9th, 2010, 12:02 PM
how long are your QBs out, DT? yikes

R3TRO
October 9th, 2010, 12:17 PM
DT, all Richmond needs to do is get a score. Our offense is laughable. With 3:40 left in the half, UNH has ~60 yards of total offense.

Mattymc727
October 9th, 2010, 12:27 PM
that might have been the worste half of football I have ever watched...........Do either of these teams care about winning right now?

DTSpider
October 9th, 2010, 12:38 PM
that might have been the worste half of football I have ever watched...........Do either of these teams care about winning right now?

watched? if you're not at the game, where are you watching it online?

DTSpider
October 9th, 2010, 12:39 PM
how long are your QBs out, DT? yikes

Laub is apparently out 4 more weeks. Announcers said they expect Corp to be out at least for the remainder of this season, although won't know for sure until tomorrow.

ccd494
October 9th, 2010, 12:43 PM
It's on CSN in New England.

R3TRO
October 9th, 2010, 01:04 PM
watched? if you're not at the game, where are you watching it online?

UNH has a feed. $7.95 I believe.

Mattymc727
October 9th, 2010, 01:22 PM
its on CSNNE, or channel 852 in NH (HD)

MacThor
October 9th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Boo Latrell Scott. Unprepared and poor coaching decisions.

JMUNJ08
October 9th, 2010, 02:29 PM
So UR is without their #1 and #2 for most if not the rest of the season? Thats a big blow for a top 25 worthy team

ur2k
October 9th, 2010, 04:42 PM
So UR is without their #1 and #2 for most if not the rest of the season? Thats a big blow for a top 25 worthy team

Yup, stick a fork in us, we're done.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 9th, 2010, 05:55 PM

On the bright side, your punter is going to get a lot of practice throwing the ball, so unless he's a senior, you're going to be set for fake punts next year.

GeeWiz
October 9th, 2010, 08:57 PM
DURHAM CATS.......ARE HOME TEAM...xnodx..GEEWIZ!!

DUH MONARCHS.....ARE HOME TEAM...xnodx..GEEWIZ!!

My bad. That's what happens when you work overnight. You get some things twisted around! LOL!

JMUNJ08
October 10th, 2010, 02:34 PM

Well we can't score 20 points a game anymore so anything is possible...

JMUNJ08
October 10th, 2010, 02:37 PM
I'll take 3 of 4 but need them all to get over .500 in CAA games. Seems 3 are kinda easy but in the 10 team CAA, who knows...BTW, if Towson, Maine and URI win, will ALL CAA teams be at least receiving votes?!?!?! Got 9 right now!

(11)UR @ (22)UNH - 12pm
4-5 records combined but ranked or an ORV in the 3/4 major polls. This game could spell doom for UNH as they have been jekyl and hyde all year with 2 of their 3 losses to Maine and URI. Are those 2 that good? Need to see some more games from them as well. UR has a nice? win vs. Elon but definitely needs to start racking up the W's. Can UR go north of the mason dixon and pull it out? I really have no clue but will take the 'cats at home.
UR 23 @ UNH 32xhurrayx

Maine @ (2)UD - 1pm
Maine 17 @ UD 34xhurrayx

URI @ (4)W&M - 7pm
After a nice win at home, URI looks to bring their winning streak to 3 in Williamsburg. However, W&M just dismantled an injury riddled topped ranked Nova team. Does URI catch them sleeping? Only if someone made them overdose on sleeping pills.
URI 20 @ W&M 30xhurrayx

(7)JMU @ Towson - 7pm
This should be a good rebound game on the road for the Dukes. They overlooked a game Hofstra team on the road last year but can Towson bring their A+++ game? Style points could help here to show JMU's offense isn't entirely MIA. Can we score more than 10 points? To win, we must.
JMU 31 @ Towson 13xhurrayx

UMass & Nova @ (1) Bye xbangxxbangx
UMass didn't really need this one but Nova did. CAA grinder again next week...

Perfect week! Sadly, we may be saying goodbye to a CAA contender, Richmond, who lost both QB's @ UNH. Hopefully the punter can pull a Michigan St. and keep them competitive.

33-10 overall
7-6 CAAxhurrayxxhurrayx

ur2k
October 10th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Well we can't score 20 points a game anymore so anything is possible...

yup, considering your offensive struggles and our good d, our match-up should still be a good one.

Mattymc727
October 10th, 2010, 06:59 PM
yup, considering your offensive struggles and our good d, our match-up should still be a good one.

Actually, I think the matchup between UNH and JMU should be a very good one too, Our D is pretty solid and JMU has struggled to score. However, UNH's offense has been weak sauce this whole season and the JMU D is FBS quality.....

MacThor
October 11th, 2010, 10:06 AM
I don't understand not playing the true freshman QB. I know they want to "save his redshirt" but that's basically throwing away the whole season. Both Laub and Corp are back next year, so if they stay healthy UR can redshirt the kid as a Sophomore.

According to the R-TD they will try Rogers out at QB this week!