PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-9

JALMOND
October 7th, 2010, 01:39 AM
Here we are already in October and there are still many questions surrounding the Big Sky. This week, though, 4 games on the docket with Weber State the only team not playing. Currently I am at 28-4, missing 2 Montana games, a Portland State game and the EWU/Weber game from last week. I need a perfect week. Here are this week's predictions in the Big Sky. All are my opinion only and all are open for discussion.

ISU @ UM---After their first game at home, the Bengals have reverted back to their old selves, including last week's loss at their conference basement companion, Portland State. The Grizzlies, however, were putting away Northern Colorado on the road rather decisively. On paper, this game should not be close. Last year, people thought the same thing, yet the Grizzlies needed a last second field goal to win. Same story this year? Ummmm, no...UM 38, ISU 7.

NAU @ EWU---The emergence of the rest of the Eagles without Jones and the idea that the Jacks have taken two games on the road so far this year sets this game up to be probably the conference game of the week. Jones did not play against Weber State last week, yet his teammates were able to get the road win. The Jacks needed to come from behind against Southern Utah but also got a much needed road win. Does the road team win here? Take the home team...EWU 28, NAU 26.

UNC @ Sac State---Two teams that had great aspirations for success this year in the conference. Last week, however, the Bears were brought back to earth at home against Montana, while the Hornets were rallying against Montana State after a big halftime deficit to make things really interesting. Both did end up losing which means that neither one can afford another loss. One upstart left after this weekend...Sac State 32, UNC 14.

PSU @ MSU---The Bobcats felt they had the game in the bag last week against Sacramento State, then the third quarter happened. They pulled the game out, but it was a lot more interesting at the end. The Vikings were making short order against Idaho State and did not allow the Bengals back in the game. Did the Bobcats learn anything? If what is arguably the best team in the conference does that same thing this weekend, the Vikings may not let them get another chance. But what is the chances something like that happening again?...MSU 28, PSU 16.

28-4, hoping for a perfect weekend.

Uncle Rico's Clan
October 7th, 2010, 04:03 PM
As always, I enjoy reading your predictions. Something about them feels official.

EdubAlum
October 7th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Sac wins by more, and i think both EWU and NAU score more points, but i'll stick with the same predictions

wapiti
October 8th, 2010, 08:52 AM
ISU 13 @ UM 38---UM Should win this one handily.

NAU 20 @ EWU 21---This is a tough one to pick. I do not have much of a feel for NAU. My gut feeling tells me they are a good team, but EWU will be tough to beat in Cheny.

UNC 17 @ Sac State 35---Sac State is not Happy about their losses to the MT teams. They are at home and should win.

PSU 30 @ MSU 31---PSU has played better than expected, except for the Oregon game. This game will be closer than anticipated. Was the Cat D exposed last weekend or just an anomaly in the heat.

Walkon79
October 8th, 2010, 09:57 AM
ISU 7 @ UM 42 - ISU is really bad
NAU 21 @ EWU 24 - Home team prevails in a war
UNC 24 @ Sac State 38 - Sac QB getting more comfortable every game.
PSU 14 @ MSU 42 Denarius has a field day and the Cat's D shows up again

JALMOND
October 9th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Here we are already in October and there are still many questions surrounding the Big Sky. This week, though, 4 games on the docket with Weber State the only team not playing. Currently I am at 28-4, missing 2 Montana games, a Portland State game and the EWU/Weber game from last week. I need a perfect week. Here are this week's predictions in the Big Sky. All are my opinion only and all are open for discussion.

ISU @ UM---After their first game at home, the Bengals have reverted back to their old selves, including last week's loss at their conference basement companion, Portland State. The Grizzlies, however, were putting away Northern Colorado on the road rather decisively. On paper, this game should not be close. Last year, people thought the same thing, yet the Grizzlies needed a last second field goal to win. Same story this year? Ummmm, no...UM 38, ISU 7.

NAU @ EWU---The emergence of the rest of the Eagles without Jones and the idea that the Jacks have taken two games on the road so far this year sets this game up to be probably the conference game of the week. Jones did not play against Weber State last week, yet his teammates were able to get the road win. The Jacks needed to come from behind against Southern Utah but also got a much needed road win. Does the road team win here? Take the home team...EWU 28, NAU 26.

UNC @ Sac State---Two teams that had great aspirations for success this year in the conference. Last week, however, the Bears were brought back to earth at home against Montana, while the Hornets were rallying against Montana State after a big halftime deficit to make things really interesting. Both did end up losing which means that neither one can afford another loss. One upstart left after this weekend...Sac State 32, UNC 14.

PSU @ MSU---The Bobcats felt they had the game in the bag last week against Sacramento State, then the third quarter happened. They pulled the game out, but it was a lot more interesting at the end. The Vikings were making short order against Idaho State and did not allow the Bengals back in the game. Did the Bobcats learn anything? If what is arguably the best team in the conference does that same thing this weekend, the Vikings may not let them get another chance. But what is the chances something like that happening again?...MSU 28, PSU 16.

28-4, hoping for a perfect weekend.

Helps when everyone plays during the day. Can pack this thread in. 4-0 perfection puts me at 32-4 for the year.