PDA

View Full Version : I went to URI/Brown game and some observations

Brad82
October 5th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Overflow crowd=7700 people in attendance,mainly Rhody fans-great (for them).
Brown looked good, might win Ivies. Rhody is better team though. Played with a lot of confidence. QB getting better every game. I like the spread offense. DB's still in outer space when ball in air,face-guarding,pass-interference,etc.. Need to work on that and shotgun snap. No word (I asked) on NEC from a few people close to situation,except announcement/decision put off to end of season. In spirit of win and subsequent good feelings,did not ask AD (best source).

JMUNJ08
October 5th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Overflow crowd=7700 people in attendance,mainly Rhody fans-great (for them).
Brown looked good, might win Ivies. Rhody is better team though. Played with a lot of confidence. QB getting better every game. I like the spread offense. DB's still in outer space when ball in air,face-guarding,pass-interference,etc.. Need to work on that and shotgun snap. No word (I asked) on NEC from a few people close to situation,except announcement/decision put off to end of season. In spirit of win and subsequent good feelings,did not ask AD (best source).

Hopefully Rhody keeps it up and stays in the CAA. It would be nice not to have a laugher in the conference year in and year out...

Bogus Megapardus
October 5th, 2010, 07:21 PM
I still have to think that URI and the other CAA northeastern publics, plus Albany, Stony Brook and CCSU form a football conference. It just makes too much sense not to.

DFW HOYA
October 5th, 2010, 07:25 PM
I still have to think that URI and the other CAA northeastern publics, plus Albany, Stony Brook and CCSU form a football conference. It just makes too much sense not to.

You can add Fordham to that group as well. The PL could add scholarships and Fordham might still be on its way.

Ivytalk
October 6th, 2010, 09:51 AM
I think they should bring back Harvard-UMass. I always liked the in-state OOC games.

Sader87
October 6th, 2010, 11:00 AM
I think they should bring back Harvard-UMass. I always liked the in-state OOC games.

Does that mean we are now in the Ivy League after all????

Bogus Megapardus
October 6th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Does that mean we are now in the Ivy League after all????

No . That's not even a shoulda been.

Col Hogan
October 6th, 2010, 01:48 PM

UMass is ready...Harvard just has to agree to come on out to Amherst...

EDIT: Good info on the URI-Brown game, Brad...thanks...

bkrownd
October 6th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Nah, if they'd just agree to play every year I'd have no problem with all the games being at Harvard's stadium. Good for alumni and all the more exposure for The University of Massachusetts. (tho maybe Harvard's admin doesn't want that...)

Hope Rhody is on the rebound.