PDA

View Full Version : Summit or Big Sky

darell1976
October 5th, 2010, 12:00 PM
http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/178013

The Summit League will conduct a site visit at UND on Nov. 1-2, the league announced Monday. The Summit will visit the campus to gather information regarding UND’s application to join the conference.

Big Sky athletic directors and other athletic administration officials are meeting this week. The agenda likely includes UND’s possible membership in the league, which stretches from Montana to California.

The Big Sky presidents will meet Oct. 19, according to league commissioner Doug Fullerton. At that session, the presidents are expected to consider the findings from this weeks meeting of athletic directors..

But the Big Sky also is interested in UND for full membership. If UND joined the Big Sky as a full member, there would be 10 teams in the league.

The Summit, however, has expressed interest in UND for quite a while. But it wouldn’t act on UND’s membership until the school’s logo and nickname controversy had been resolved.

What should UND do? Go the BSC route or go the Summit route and hope for a Summit Football League/MVFC invite.

RabidRabbit
October 5th, 2010, 12:09 PM
If UND chooses to join the Big Sky, the soon-to-be Sioux-less will become what SUU is to the Summit.

Can we just get the Big Sky to invite SUU? PLEASE?

UND should join their I-29 league.

darell1976
October 5th, 2010, 01:36 PM
If UND chooses to join the Big Sky, the soon-to-be Sioux-less will become what SUU is to the Summit.

Can we just get the Big Sky to invite SUU? PLEASE?

UND should join their I-29 league.

I hope that happens plus a MVFC invite for dessert