PDA

View Full Version : Payton, Buchanan Lists Updated

smallcollegefbfan
October 4th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Brown, Presley, Therriault and Eachus join Payton Award Watch List

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - The early season play of quarterbacks Mike Brown of Liberty, DeAndre Presley of Appalachian State and Casey Therriault of Jackson State, as well as Colgate running back Nate Eachus, has led to their joining the race for the 2010 Walter Payton Award, sponsored by Fathead.com.

A stellar 20-player Watch List will be pared to one winner of the Football Championship Subdivision's top individual honor. The Payton Award is in its 24th season and will be presented at the national awards banquet on Thursday, Jan. 6 in Frisco, Texas - the night before the national championship game.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4346787

Clifford, Holmes, Wilkinson join Buck Buchanan Award Watch List
Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - The early-season play of linebackers Tyler Holmes of Massachusetts and Antoine Wilkinson of Missouri State, as well as cornerback Eugene Clifford of Tennessee State, have led to their joining the race for the 2010 Buck Buchanan Award, sponsored by Fathead.com.

The stellar 20-player Watch List will be pared to one winner of the Football Championship Subdivision's top individual honor for defensive players. The Buchanan Award is in its 16th season and will be presented at the national awards banquet on Thursday, Jan. 6 in Frisco, Texas - the night before the national championship game.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4346785

GoGSU
October 4th, 2010, 10:28 AM
A bunch of bu!!***** that they don't have Brent Russell from Georgia Southern on the Buck Buchanan list.................

mikebigg
October 4th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Overlooking Grambling's Frank Warren

Warren,F-GRAM SR 4 games 78 attempts 624 yds 8.0 per carry 5 td's 65 longest td 156.0 ypg.

seantaylor
October 4th, 2010, 01:28 PM
List is totally bogus. Brent Russell is the best defensive player in the country. Jabari Fletcher. Hilarious.

Eagle_77
October 4th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Im not gonna proclaim that Russell is the best Def player in the nation but no way he shouldn't be on this list compairing stats with the other DL on the list.

Malcom Taylor- 17 TT, 5 TFL, 1 PBU, 2 SK, 1 FF
Martin Parker- 28 TT, 5 TFL, 1 PBU 1 SK, 4 QBH, 1 BLK
Jabari Fletcher- 17 TT. 4 TFL, 1 INT 2 PBU, 2.5 SKs, 1 FF, 3 QBH
Kenrick Ellis- 21 TT, 6 TFL, 2 SK 1 FF, 1 QBH, 1 FF, 1 FR
Christian Clark- 16 TT, 2 TFL, 1 SK, 1 QBU

Brent Russell- 16 TT, 5 TFL, 2 PBU, 4 SK, 1QBH

Except for Parker and Ellis he is right in line with tackles. He is about even with everyone in TFL. He leads all the above guys in PBU's and Sacks with 4 and the closest in sacks is Fletcher with 2.5.

No way he should be kept off this list.

asknoquarter21
October 4th, 2010, 04:03 PM
List is totally bogus. Brent Russell is the best defensive player in the country. Jabari Fletcher. Hilarious.

Russell should be on the list certainly, and I am sure he will be at some point if his success continues.

Jabari Fletcher is probably the best DL on that list right now stat wise so if your going to scoff at a selection pick someone else.

Eagle_77
October 4th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Russell should be on the list certainly, and I am sure he will be at some point if his success continues.

Jabari Fletcher is probably the best DL on that list right now stat wise so if your going to scoff at a selection pick someone else.

You may want to check above stats. Fletcher shouldnt be scoffed but I wouldnt say best stats.

Nebuta
October 4th, 2010, 04:20 PM
I gave up on the Payton list in 2008. Its just a select commitee with bias opinions. Really not suprised at the update lists.

Blueandwhitefightfight
October 4th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Not trying to be an echo but HOW IS BRENT RUSSELL NOT ON THIS LIST?

lionsrking2
October 4th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Tommy Connors should be on the list, and you could make a case for Mark Newbill as well...both are playing at an All-American level right now...yes, we're 1-3, but could very, very easily be 4-0 with two FBS teams on the schedule.

Mark Newbill (leads nation in tackles per game)
38 solos, 15 assists, 53 total tackles, 3 TFL, 1 Sack, 2 PBU, 2 PD, 1 FF, 1 FR

Tommy Connors
30 solos, 5 assists, 3 INT, 1 INT Return for TD, 5 PD, 4 TFL, 1 Sack, 1 FF, 1 Hurry.

JUDolphins
October 4th, 2010, 04:54 PM
For the Payton list, how is Josh McGregor not on there? Leads the country in TD passes (17), averaging more than 300 yards per game in the air and is completing more than 60 percent of his passes?

superman7515
October 4th, 2010, 05:15 PM
How is Minett still on there? He's 19th in rushing, how does that make it onto a 20 man list?

Edit: I take that back, he's 19th in yards per game. He's like 30-35th in rushing.

GoGSU
October 4th, 2010, 06:33 PM
I was also wondering how long it would take to get Apps Presley on there....but **** it was faster than I thought!!