PDA

View Full Version : For the Record Elon vs App

SoCon48
October 3rd, 2010, 08:18 PM
I know of only one ASU fan who thinks ASU will destroy Elon next Saturday. Most of the rest of us know Riddle will get his big yards and the game will be a war in spite of Elon's present record. ASU is susceptable to the long pass that Riddle is so capable of and to long gains from screens.

WestCoastAggie
October 3rd, 2010, 09:28 PM
Will Elon fans make anymore signs declaring the Fighing Christians victors before kickoff of this game, again?

KiddBrewer
October 4th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Will Elon fans make anymore signs declaring the Fighing Christians victors before kickoff of this game, again?

we can only hope.

SoCon48
October 4th, 2010, 02:10 PM

Having confidence i one's team is one thing, but making fools of yourselves is an entirely diff matter. Some say they even had their victory proclaimed on their official website.

1appfan
October 4th, 2010, 02:36 PM
I was at that game last year and they deffinitely were in the "we're gonna win" mode....at least for a little while!!! lol

SpeedkingATL
October 4th, 2010, 04:04 PM
It's a "back to the wall" game for Elon and I expect them to come out fighting. There should be well over 30,000 manic App fans at The Rock and I expect the Apps to ride the wave of emotion to victory. App's secondary has to step up and contain Elon's pass happy attack, and for Riddle it's likely the last chance to beat an App team. This could become a wild offensive show with the team with the last posession winning.

ElonPride
October 4th, 2010, 04:50 PM
and for Riddle it's likely the last chance to beat an App team. .

That's not totally true. He plays baseball for a team that swept App this past season :)

.....and cue silly Riddle baseball comments in 3, 2, 1........

WileECoyote06
October 4th, 2010, 05:21 PM
What makes yall think the results will be different from last year?

gophoenix
October 4th, 2010, 07:05 PM
What makes yall think the results will be different from last year?

Who are you asking? I think it will be far worse than last year.

MountaineerNation
October 4th, 2010, 07:23 PM
I'm expecting the game to be closer than expected, esp in the first half... but if app gets some momentum going into the 2nd half, they could blow it open in the 3rd quarter

Appaholic
October 5th, 2010, 09:04 AM
41-20 App

phoenix3
October 5th, 2010, 10:47 AM
The magic word "if"...

If Elon can manage to keep from turning the ball over, we have a chance to make a game of it. Am I predicting a win? Nope. I don't believe our D can contain App. The only hope is that the game is a high scoring affair and we can keep up. Otherwise, the Phoenix may have a long disappointing day.

blueballs
October 5th, 2010, 11:58 AM
The p-hoe-nix defense ain't got a chance in hades of stopping the hillbillies' offense. Them app boys are going to run through, by, and around that young p-hoe-nix defense. If Elon can't slow down Southern then App will get 50 'cause they can pass AND run.

Plus Elon is so young that when things start going bad, and they will start going bad about two minutes after the coin toss, the chins will hit the chest and it will snowball.

AppChicago
October 5th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Having confidence i one's team is one thing, but making fools of yourselves is an entirely diff matter. Some say they even had their victory proclaimed on their official website.

In case any memories need refreshing: http://www.appfan.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/hahahahaha.jpg

(I don't own the content, so a link'll have to do...)

ElonPride
October 5th, 2010, 01:31 PM
In case any memories need refreshing: http://www.appfan.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/hahahahaha.jpg

(I don't own the content, so a link'll have to do...)

Where did that orginiate?

appstate38
October 5th, 2010, 01:47 PM
I know of only one ASU fan who thinks ASU will destroy Elon next Saturday. Most of the rest of us know Riddle will get his big yards and the game will be a war in spite of Elon's present record. ASU is susceptable to the long pass that Riddle is so capable of and to long gains from screens.

Riddle was held to 212 yards passing last year and that was with Hudgins in uniform. He will need more than 200 yards passing to get in done in Boone. Too many weapons in Black and Gold.

Saint3333
October 5th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Where did that orginiate?

Elon's athletic department must have been testing it as their splash page the morning of the ASU game last year. I got a text about it around 10AM, by game time it was all over the internet, on camera phones, and copies were floating around the ASU locker room. It was an epic fail of whoever was testing it on your guys website.

appstate38
October 5th, 2010, 02:02 PM
On an additional note Riddle's best game was his first year (2007)against the Apps when he threw for 307 yards. In 08 he went for 196. So he is obiviously very capable of throwing it all over the place and getting big yards. The last two years in seems the App D has figured out how to contain him.

heath
October 5th, 2010, 02:18 PM
After watching a replay of the Elon-GSU this morning, how and the world do Elon fans think they can slow ASU and Mr. Presley down on offense? A very balanced attack that will score both ways,.......throw in the crowd, and it could be a very long Homecoming afternoon for the Phoenix.
ASU-38
Elon-20