PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League Week 4

bonarae
October 3rd, 2010, 02:59 AM
My record so far: 10-10

Close
Lafayette at Columbia - Can Lafayette be allowed to slide even further?
Brown at Holy Cross - xchinscratchx
Yale at Dartmouth
Blowout
Cornell at Harvard
Penn at Bucknell
Colgate at Princeton

I am not sure about the outcome of the "close" games, they can go either way.

bulldog10jw
October 3rd, 2010, 04:31 AM
Columbia
Brown
Yale (hoping Dartmouth has a letdown after their close loss to Penn)
Harvard
Penn
Colgate

DJOM
October 4th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Princeton
Columbia
Brown
Dartmouth
Harvard
Penn

Beware the wounded Tiger.

Ivytalk
October 4th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Columbia
Brown
Dartmouth
Harvard
Penn
Colgate

CFBfan
October 4th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Columbia
Brown
Yale (hoping Dartmouth has a letdown after their close loss to Penn)Harvard
Penn
Colgate

Yale is NOT home so look for Dartmouth here unless Yale take ref's on the road with them!

danefan
October 4th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Yale is NOT home so look for Dartmouth here unless Yale take ref's on the road with them!

I wasn't at the Albany/Yale game this weekend, but the talk on the Albany board right now is about the refs literally making up rules in Yale's favor (e.g. no intentional grounding if the QB is being harassed by the defense...hahahaha). Haha..

CFBfan
October 4th, 2010, 07:36 PM
I wasn't at the Albany/Yale game this weekend, but the talk on the Albany board right now is about the refs literally making up rules in Yale's favor (e.g. no intentional grounding if the QB is being harassed by the defense...hahahaha). Haha..

no exaggeration, it is pathetic and disgraceful!!! if that's what they need to do to win...and apparently it is, it is very sad. fortunetly for most it is an out of conf game.
when ref's are adressing the Yale players by their first names and yelling at the opossong D "don't hit the QB!!!!" on a pass rush you know that "stuff" is going on...what a pathetic team!!!

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Again, the Ivy and the PL use a common set of officials who rotate around the league games. Yale does not have any designated crew of officials. If there is a disputed call the head of the officials, Jim Maconaghy, will review the matter, and his review will be made public (such as the call last season in the Lafayette/Holy Cross game). Check with your schools AD to see it the call has been brought to the attention of the head of officials. Every game has questionable calls, every game has officials who will speak to players directly with cautions - they're supposed to do that, and the officials speak to the coaches all the time and address them by their first names, or "coach." The Georgetown fans really have to start letting this go and move on.

bulldog10jw
October 4th, 2010, 08:41 PM

Of course we take the ref's on the road with us. Greasing the refs palms works just as good in Hanover as it does in New Haven.

Refs are human though. We didn't get those two pass interference calls we were supposed to get on that last drive against Albany. One ref is going to be a little short when he gets his envelope this week.

bulldog10jw
October 4th, 2010, 08:45 PM

The Albany board. That's always been my source for an unbiased analysis of the refs in a game involving Albany. xlolx

bulldog10jw
October 4th, 2010, 08:51 PM
no exaggeration, it is pathetic and disgraceful!!! if that's what they need to do to win...and apparently it is, it is very sad. fortunetly for most it is an out of conf game.
when ref's are adressing the Yale players by their first names and yelling at the opossong D "don't hit the QB!!!!" on a pass rush you know that "stuff" is going on...what a pathetic team!!!

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

danefan
October 4th, 2010, 08:57 PM
The Albany board. That's always been my source for an unbiased analysis of the refs in a game involving Albany. xlolx

Hey I never said it was unbiased.....xlolx

kDex86
October 6th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Columbia
Holy Cross
Yale
Harvard
Penn
Colgate

Pard4Life
October 8th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Cornell made Sportcenter's Top 10 today... Top 10 bloopers of the week, for their own man running into the PR and causing a fumble on the catch at Bucknell.

bonarae
October 9th, 2010, 05:34 PM
ALL FINAL SCORES:
Harvard 31, Cornell 17
Columbia 42, Lafayette 28
Penn 31, Bucknell 10
Holy Cross 17, Brown 13
Yale 23, Dartmouth 20
Colgate 44, Princeton 10

FINALLY! 6-0 for me this week!

bulldog10jw
October 9th, 2010, 09:38 PM

Like I said, of course we take the refs on the road. xlolx