PDA

View Full Version : CAA Week 5 Pick'em

JMUNJ08
October 1st, 2010, 01:25 PM
ALOT going on these past few days and its taken the spot light off a GREAT week for CAA football. 2 top 10 matchups and 2 top 15 teams on the road. I will send in my picks later but here is the slate of games. Good Luck All!

(5)UD @ (3)JMU -12:05pm
Brown @ URI - 1pm
CCU @ (11)UR - 1pm
(1)Nova @ (7)W&M - 3:30pm
(14)UNH @ Maine - 6pm
(8)UMass @ Towson - 7pm

WrenFGun
October 1st, 2010, 02:40 PM
ALOT going on these past few days and its taken the spot light off a GREAT week for CAA football. 2 top 10 matchups and 2 top 15 teams on the road. I will send in my picks later but here is the slate of games. Good Luck All!

(5)UD @ (3)JMU -12:05pm
Brown @ URI - 1pm
CCU @ (11)UR - 1pm
(1)Nova @ (7)W&M - 3:30pm
(14)UNH @ Maine - 6pm
(8)UMass @ Towson - 7pm

Picks in bold ... IMO looking at three toss-ups between 'Nova/W&M, UNH/Maine and UD/JMU.

JMUNJ08
October 1st, 2010, 02:47 PM
Picks in bold ... IMO looking at three toss-ups between 'Nova/W&M, UNH/Maine and UD/JMU.

Got to throw Brown/URI in there as BU is 2-0 and URI already shocked UNH. Only UR and UMass look to be heavy favorites.

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 1st, 2010, 10:58 PM
Brown 24 @ URI 27 xnodx Rams prove UNH victory was a turning point, .... barely!
CCU 3 @ UR 14 xnottalkingx Spiders bounce back with great defensive effort.
UDel 28 @ JMU 24 xhurrayx Game of the week. Delaware invades Harrisonburg and starts streak of visiting team victories, ... barely!
Nova 17 @ W&M 14 (OT) xscanx Wildcats go south and escape, ... barely!
UNH 31 @ Maine 28 (OT) xpeacex UNH escapes the North County, ... barely! Toman wins 2nd straight Gold Helmet
UMass 35 @ Towson 14 xrotatehx No surprise here, ... Minutemen keep on rolling

JMUNJ08
October 2nd, 2010, 08:16 AM
First major conference slate of games. Hopefully they are kinder than the first 5....

Should be able to start seeing where teams are steering the ships.

(5)UD @ (3)JMU
There are only a few undefeated non-Ivies left in FCS and 2 are facing off in this game. This isn't a must to win to get ahead in conference play but UD would def like being 2-0 instead of 1-1. This will be their 2nd major road test in as many weeks. The spider box kept them contained for only a half but JMU has twice as many to make the place rock. HOWEVER, its family weekend at JMU which equals a subdued crowd. Did the water cooler win vs. VT get them interested enough to make a difference. I'm not sure but I have to be a homer and go with the team at home. Defenses LOVE feeding off the crowds.
UD 31 @ JMU 33

Brown @ URI
This game should be really interesting and give whomever wins a direction to their season. Brown is an unexpected 2-0 and URI had the big UNH win 2 weeks ago. This is a toss up but given the rest and being at home and being an Ivy, URI squeaks it out.
Brown 20 @ URI 21

CCU @ (11)UR
UR got spanked at home last week in the second half by UD. CCU comes in after some other tough OOC opponents and is ready for Big South play to start. UR isn't in the BS though and needs this one before the full CAA slate.
CCU 20 @ UR 37

(1)Nova @ (7)W&M
5 vs 3 is getting much more hype than the #1 on the road @ #7. This is strictly do to W&M not showing their worth to be ranked this high. Nova is very banged up but have enough parts to keep this thing close and pull it out in the end.
Nova 27 @ W&M 24

(14)UNH @ Maine
UNH is still in must win mode. Maine is historically good at home but hasn't shown much so far losing to Albany and W&M. Will UNH make it 3 in a row? Yep
UNH 24 @ Maine 12

(8)UMass @ Towson
Best game of the weekend...to pick.
UMass 41 @ Towson 17

Nebuta
October 2nd, 2010, 09:48 AM
(5)UD @ (3)JMU - Should be an interesting game, with great match ups. UD's balance attack vs- JMU elite defense. Strength on strength. (giving the slight edge to JMU)
JMU offense vs- UD defense - UD with 10 INTs already this year and dominant front 7 vs- JMU offense(Bigger edge to UD)
Brown @ URI - 1pm
CCU @ (11)UR - 1pm - Spiders rebound after a tough home loss.
(1)Nova @ (7)W&M - 3:30pm - Nova coming off a nail biter against Penn. Will W&M prove to be a contender in the CAA. I like W&M at home, should be a good game giving the slight edge to Homefield advantage.
(14)UNH @ Maine - 6pm -
(8)UMass @ Towson - 7pm Difference between a bye and towson. You get a CAA win for playing towson

caribbeanhen
October 2nd, 2010, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE=JMUNJ08;1562135]First major conference slate of games. Hopefully they are kinder than the first 5....

(5)UD @ (3)JMU
There are only a few undefeated non-Ivies left in FCS and 2 are facing off in this game. This isn't a must to win to get ahead in conference play but UD would def like being 2-0 instead of 1-1. This will be their 2nd major road test in as many weeks. The spider box kept them contained for only a half but JMU has twice as many to make the place rock. HOWEVER, its family weekend at JMU which equals a subdued crowd. Did the water cooler win vs. VT get them interested enough to make a difference. I'm not sure but I have to be a homer and go with the team at home. Defenses LOVE feeding off the crowds.
UD 31 @ JMU 33quote]

a very reasonable pick - but I think JMU is still on VaTech hangover and might be a bit over confident for this game, it seems like the Hens are focused right now and are primed for the upset

Delaware 24
JMU 17

EmeryZach
October 2nd, 2010, 11:24 PM
Towson put up a good fight tonight. I give the Tigers a lot of credit.

Good win before the bye week for UMass.

JMUNJ08
October 4th, 2010, 12:09 AM
First major conference slate of games. Hopefully they are kinder than the first 5....

(5)UD @ (3)JMU
UD 31 @ JMU 33xbawlingxxbawlingx

Brown @ URI
This game should be really interesting and give whomever wins a direction to their season. Brown is an unexpected 2-0 and URI had the big UNH win 2 weeks ago. This is a toss up but given the rest and being at home and being an Ivy, URI squeaks it out.
Brown 20 @ URI 21xthumbsupxxbowxxthumbsupxxbowx

CCU @ (11)UR
UR got spanked at home last week in the second half by UD. CCU comes in after some other tough OOC opponents and is ready for Big South play to start. UR isn't in the BS though and needs this one before the full CAA slate.
CCU 20 @ UR 37xbowxxthumbsupxxbowx

(1)Nova @ (7)W&M
5 vs 3 is getting much more hype than the #1 on the road @ #7. This is strictly do to W&M not showing their worth to be ranked this high. Nova is very banged up but have enough parts to keep this thing close and pull it out in the end.
Nova 27 @ W&M 24xoopsxxoopsx

(14)UNH @ Maine
UNH is still in must win mode. Maine is historically good at home but hasn't shown much so far losing to Albany and W&M. Will UNH make it 3 in a row? Yep
UNH 24 @ Maine 12xoopsxxoopsxxoopsx

(8)UMass @ Towson
Best game of the weekend...to pick.
UMass 41 @ Towson 17xthumbsupx

I guess I cannot pick conference games...

3-3 / 1-3 CAA

Through Week 5
29-10 Overall
3-6 CAA