PDA

View Full Version : Hampton-Delaware State

Mr. C
September 30th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Is anybody else watching the Thursday night game on ESPNU? It's been played in a downpour, but Hampton leads 14-7 with 8:26 remaining.

Mr. C
September 30th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Make that 20-7 with 7:32 left after a 57-yard scoring burst by Antwan Chisholm.

Mr. C
September 30th, 2010, 09:32 PM
It was 0-0 through much of three quarters before Hampton finally scored to go up 6-0. Delaware State answered with a nice option pass for a TD to go ahead 7-6, but it has been all Hampton since.

WestCoastAggie
September 30th, 2010, 09:45 PM
This was one ugly game. Delaware St has no Kicker at all and Hampton is simply the better team.

Mr. C
September 30th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Yes it was. Final from rainy Dover, Hampton 20, Delaware State 14.

Here is a link to a blog on the game:

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/entry.php?90-Hampton-Delaware-State

Side Judge
September 30th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Ah, good ol' MEAC "wanna get away?" officials - was contemplating having the '07 NC ref as my avatar...

Big Dawg
October 1st, 2010, 12:13 AM
Ah, good ol' MEAC "wanna get away?" officials - was contemplating having the '07 NC ref as my avatar...

Sad ain't it?

james_lawfirm
October 1st, 2010, 08:10 AM
Reckon how many fans were at that game on a Thursday night? I counted 5. College football should be played on Saturdays.

mikebigg
October 1st, 2010, 08:26 AM
Reckon how many fans were at that game on a Thursday night? I counted 5. College football should be played on Saturdays.

I agree...especially on the FCS level. Nothing like good FCS level football on a Saturday afternoon...

DFW HOYA
October 1st, 2010, 08:46 AM

Announced attendance: 2,990.

Big Dawg
October 1st, 2010, 08:50 AM

That's why I'm glad ESPNU is showing the FAMU/Scsu game this weekend...should be a huge crowd

zymergy
October 1st, 2010, 09:35 AM
Rain or not Del St. just looked bad, and I wasn't all that impressed with Hampton either.

Henfanatic
October 1st, 2010, 09:40 AM
the MEAC teams are garbage !! waste of T.V. air time to have them on

3rd Coast Tiger
October 1st, 2010, 09:43 AM

Now that's mean!

CFBfan
October 1st, 2010, 09:55 AM

the weather was pretty bad though.....

Ivytalk
October 1st, 2010, 10:34 AM
Announced attendance: 2,990.

The News Urinal reported that only a couple hundred actually showed up.

SalukiJim
October 1st, 2010, 11:55 AM

That seems more realistic. I saw several entire sections with nobody in them at all...and the ones that did have people, you could count them on two hands...

WestCoastAggie
October 1st, 2010, 11:57 AM

Ok? xlolx

Big Dawg
October 1st, 2010, 12:50 PM

Yeah...you were watching Delaware State and Hampton...and the game was at Delaware in the rain...listen to the match-up.

MEAC fans have been complaining about the games that ESPN chooses as well...but don't disrespect the entire conference...make sure you watch SCSU and FAMU this weekend...the #1 and #2 MEAC teams from last season.

james_lawfirm
October 1st, 2010, 02:29 PM
Yep, SC State can play no question. I have favored a home & home with them ever since App's first playoff game against them two years ago. Nice & Knowledgeable fans, good coach, & good team. Last year, they should have gotten a home playoff game, but pulled App instead for the first round.

james_lawfirm
October 1st, 2010, 02:30 PM
Real fans don't care what the weather is.

Big Dawg
October 1st, 2010, 04:28 PM
Yep, SC State can play no question. I have favored a home & home with them ever since App's first playoff game against them two years ago. Nice & Knowledgeable fans, good coach, & good team. Last year, they should have gotten a home playoff game, but pulled App instead for the first round.

And if not for a botched snap on that field goal attempt, they may have pulled off the upset up there in Boone.

superman7515
October 1st, 2010, 07:03 PM
Real fans don't care what the weather is.

Delaware State may have 20-30 "real fans". Other than that it's just friends and family. Very low alumni interest, no community interest at all in the program.

caribbeanhen
October 1st, 2010, 07:44 PM

I heard they were counting by tens