PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-2

JALMOND
September 30th, 2010, 01:34 AM
As September comes to a close and October begins, I am currently sitting at a pretty good 24-3 mark. Pretty fair given the fact that 2 of those misses have come at the failure of the Grizzlies to win certain games. October is the month that conference races come into view and this week, we should find out a lot more about the teams. Here are this week's Bog Sky predictions...

EWU @ WSU---After the Montana win, the Eagles were soaring. Then Montana State brought them crashing back to earth. Now, with the uncertainty of Jones and no one really coming forth, the Eagles may be a team is disarray. They head down the road to face the Wildcats, a team that faced the two upstarts in the conference, Sacramento State and Northern Colorado, and came out of it with a split. This game could be close, but at the end...WSU 25, EWU 23.

ISU @ PSU---Last week, the Bengals welcomed Northern Arizona to their home in Pocatello with good feelings of continuing the home team streak. Unfortunately, the Jacks made the Bengals look like the Bengals of old. Bad thing or good thing this week as they face the Vikings, the only team the Bengals beat last year. The Vikings had a bye between a brutal nonconference schedule and the conference slate. Can the Vikings start with a win? Bet on it...PSU 36, ISU 24.

UM @ UNC---No team has really been immune from the Jeckyl type home performance and the Hyde type road outcome, including the Grizzlies. In that regard this is an interesting game. The Griz have looked ordinary on the road and the Bears have been impressive at home. The Griz got back on the winning track last week with a hard fought win over Sacramento State. The Bears took a week away from the Big Sky and lost at Michigan State. The Griz may not be like Michigan State, that just means the game will be closer...UM 24, UNC 17.

MSU @ Sac State---The Bobcats kept the dominance of the home team alive with a strong performance against Eastern Washington. The Hornets put up a galliant effort on the road at Montana. The Hornets felt they would finally get the elusive win, but Montana proved just a touch too much. In the Bobcats, the Hornets feel confident this heavyweight will go down, especially at the Hornet's "nest". Maybe be satisfied once again with close...MSU 31, Sac State 28.

NAU @ Southern Utah---The Jacks got an elusive road win in conference last week as they played at Idaho State. This week, a break from the conference with a short trip up the road to Southern Utah. A road game in the middle of conference play could possibly be a trap for a Jacks team hoping for great things this year. However, as stated, they have won already on the road, so this may be old hat for them...NAU 35, Southern Utah 20.

Need to be perfect as Scream is right behind me.

CopperCat
September 30th, 2010, 12:06 PM
After watching UM against Poly, EWU, and Sac St., I don't think they have a run defense that is as good as MSU's. Sac's best position player is arguably Hilliard, their RB. MSU might be a little banged up on the D-line and at LB, but the backups were playing near the same level vs. EWU. The game still might be close, but it wouldn't surprise me if MSU came out of the gate with guns blazing just like they did last weekend. MSU by 10.

Walkon79
September 30th, 2010, 01:30 PM
EWU 21 @ WSU 35 (Higgins will abuse a weak Eagles secondary, and I don't think TJ will be 100%)
ISU 14 @ PSU 24
UM 24 @ UNC 28 (The Griz are bitten by the TO bug once again, Bears pull out the win at home)
MSU 35 @ Sac State 14 (Points have come hard against the #1 scoring defense in the Big Sky. The one-dimensional hornets don't get it done either and McGee, Davis, Apkla and Gilbert and the Cat's #1 offense have a big day)
NAU 31 @ Southern Utah 17 (Tune-up game for the Jacks as they get ready for the meat of the BSC schedule)

wapiti
September 30th, 2010, 05:04 PM
EWU 21 @ WSU 24 If TJ is healthy EWU wins, Otherwise WSU wins.
ISU 17 @ PSU 28
UM 28 @ UNC 24 UM pulls a rabbit out of the hat at the end of the game to win.
MSU 32 @ Sac State 24
NAU 28 @ Southern Utah 31

JALMOND
October 2nd, 2010, 11:04 PM
As September comes to a close and October begins, I am currently sitting at a pretty good 24-3 mark. Pretty fair given the fact that 2 of those misses have come at the failure of the Grizzlies to win certain games. October is the month that conference races come into view and this week, we should find out a lot more about the teams. Here are this week's Bog Sky predictions...

EWU @ WSU---After the Montana win, the Eagles were soaring. Then Montana State brought them crashing back to earth. Now, with the uncertainty of Jones and no one really coming forth, the Eagles may be a team is disarray. They head down the road to face the Wildcats, a team that faced the two upstarts in the conference, Sacramento State and Northern Colorado, and came out of it with a split. This game could be close, but at the end...WSU 25, EWU 23.

ISU @ PSU---Last week, the Bengals welcomed Northern Arizona to their home in Pocatello with good feelings of continuing the home team streak. Unfortunately, the Jacks made the Bengals look like the Bengals of old. Bad thing or good thing this week as they face the Vikings, the only team the Bengals beat last year. The Vikings had a bye between a brutal nonconference schedule and the conference slate. Can the Vikings start with a win? Bet on it...PSU 36, ISU 24.

UM @ UNC---No team has really been immune from the Jeckyl type home performance and the Hyde type road outcome, including the Grizzlies. In that regard this is an interesting game. The Griz have looked ordinary on the road and the Bears have been impressive at home. The Griz got back on the winning track last week with a hard fought win over Sacramento State. The Bears took a week away from the Big Sky and lost at Michigan State. The Griz may not be like Michigan State, that just means the game will be closer...UM 24, UNC 17.

MSU @ Sac State---The Bobcats kept the dominance of the home team alive with a strong performance against Eastern Washington. The Hornets put up a galliant effort on the road at Montana. The Hornets felt they would finally get the elusive win, but Montana proved just a touch too much. In the Bobcats, the Hornets feel confident this heavyweight will go down, especially at the Hornet's "nest". Maybe be satisfied once again with close...MSU 31, Sac State 28.

NAU @ Southern Utah---The Jacks got an elusive road win in conference last week as they played at Idaho State. This week, a break from the conference with a short trip up the road to Southern Utah. A road game in the middle of conference play could possibly be a trap for a Jacks team hoping for great things this year. However, as stated, they have won already on the road, so this may be old hat for them...NAU 35, Southern Utah 20.

Need to be perfect as Scream is right behind me.

4-1 this week, puts me at 28-4 for the year. 2 full games ahead of Scream. Only miss this week was the EWU/WSU game, although both NAU and MSU scared the heck out of me. Congrats, Eagles.

I Bleed Purple
October 2nd, 2010, 11:07 PM
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

:(

Screamin_Eagle174
October 3rd, 2010, 02:00 AM
EWU 21 @ WSU 35 (Higgins will abuse a weak Eagles secondary, and I don't think TJ will be 100%)
ISU 14 @ PSU 24
UM 24 @ UNC 28 (The Griz are bitten by the TO bug once again, Bears pull out the win at home)
MSU 35 @ Sac State 14 (Points have come hard against the #1 scoring defense in the Big Sky. The one-dimensional hornets don't get it done either and McGee, Davis, Apkla and Gilbert and the Cat's #1 offense have a big day)
NAU 31 @ Southern Utah 17 (Tune-up game for the Jacks as they get ready for the meat of the BSC schedule)

How'd those predictions work out for you? xlolx

Screamin_Eagle174
October 3rd, 2010, 02:03 AM
Just going to repost what I posed over on CS.

Correct Pick
Incorrect Pick
Actual Score
(-123) = Difference between predicted and actual point spread
APSE = Average Point Spread Error
__________________________________________________ _

EWU 24 @ 20 WSU
EWU 35 @ 24 WSU (-7)

ISU 14 @ 31 PSU
ISU 3 @ 38 PSU (-18)

UM 28 @ 20 UNC
UM 30 @ 7 UNC (-15)

MSU 34 @ 28 Sac State
MSU 64 @ 61 Sac State (-3)

NAU 24 @ 27 Southern Utah
NAU 26 @ 23 Southern Utah (-6)

__________________________________________________ _

This week: 4-1
Last week: 4-1
Overall: 26-6
APSE last week: 9.0 pts.
APSE this week: 9.8 pts.
APSE overall: 10.8 pts.

Another crazy week in Big Sky Football.

EWU bounced back nicely in team-effort win over Weber on the road -- without Taiwan Jones. BLM was 23/36 for 337 yards, 4 TDs to 1 INT. WR's Brandon Kaufman and Ashton Gant had 100+ yards receiving on 5 receptions apiece (138 and 110 respectively), with Gant also having 2 TDs. RB's Darriell Beaumonte and Mario Brown combined for 132 yards on the ground and 1 TD, each also with a receiving TD. Three different EWU defenders had an INT; Matt Johnson, Tyler Washburn, and J.C. Sherritt. DT Renard Williams recorded a sack and a forced-fumble.

MSU won a thriller basketball game on a football field, out-lasting Sac State 64-61 in OT after leading 37-10 at halftime. Impressive second half performance by Sac State to rally back, outscoring MSU 35-7 in the third quarter. :shock:

NAU won an exciting game in the final minutes after trailing Southern Utah 23-19. Herrick threw his only TD of the game, a 15 yard strike to Zach Bauman with 3:07 left to play to go up and eventually win 26-23. SUU led most of the game after going up 7-0 early on a 44-yard pick-six.

In more boring news, UM shut-down UNC and PSU absolutely dominated ISU. xlolx

Still two games back from Jalmond, but came mighty close to tying it up. :D